Night Of Constellations

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by Motherland, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Motherland

Motherland The forgotten ancient

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upsidedowndeco.png
    The constellations are ever changing. Join me as we introduce in Andromeda, Triangulum, and Cepheus into the night sky with the emergence of Autumn in it's wake.. With grace we will share an evening of wonders, join me and be graced in the court of stars.​

<History>
    Altalar for as long as history was first recorded have given the world beauty. The crown of the world once held by the great empresses of the Allorn empire, adorned with the night sky in it’s welding. Upon the Il’siüelle isles is the great court of stars, where scholars alike have spent decades researching and gracing others with knowledge of the worlds we cannot yet see. It is with this knowledge that I happily allow all valid races to attend the Court of stars ball.

[​IMG]
    Competition

To spice things up for this ball, I will host a competition. The best dressed will receive a prize of regals. Patterns of stars, constellations, planets, and other various universe themed dress showings will be permitted. The most gorgeously crafted pieces and outfits will win. Jewelry and head-pieces will also be allowed and counted in the overall mockup.

Theme and dress code:

Theme of the evening: Altalar and scholar culture. Constellations, stars, and the universe. Be sure to conform to dress-code even if loose. This is the night to shine in all your glory!

Women- Royal blue, light blue, and fine purple robes
    • Optional: Diamonds and pearls, star embroidery.
    Men- Dark blue, black, and white robes.
    • Optional: Neck-pieces, medallions, formal uniforms.
    Regulations:

All must write to attend, there will be a list at the door.
    • While this is an exclusively altalar and star-themed event, any and all races of valid birth may attend. (Basically: You can come if you aren’t a Kathar.)

• Manathar are only permitted with exclusive letters of acceptance after application.
      upsidedowndeco.png
    Application
    Username:

Character name:

IC letter to Venra’ora:

OOC notes
    Event location: /tp Elf Ballroom

Event time: 5pm-7pm CST (Saturday, 9/7/19)

• Winner x 4
    • Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful x 2
    • Immersive x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Motherland

TODAY IS THE DAY OF THE EVENT!

#2 Motherland, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

Username: Goldifish

Character name: Elyon Aredeth

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To the fairest Venra'ora,
    My name is Elyon Aredeth. Young as I may be, I hope to socialize with those of wiser stature. Please let me grace you with my presence at this event. Mayhaps I can bring a plus one?
    Yours truly,
    Elyon Aredeth,
    Secretary to House du Brierust

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Motherland

To miss Elyon Aredeth,
    I accept your invitation. If you bring along a friend or lover, be sure to stick with them during the event if at all possible.
    Love,
    Venra signature.png

5. JoyShake

JoyShake Deceptively unwholesome

Username: JoyShake

Character name: Aubrey Silevon

IC letter to Venra’ora:

Dear Venra'ora,

As your friend, I would love to attend your sure to be marvelous ball.
    I hope you can have mercy and let me enjoy the evening, despite not being Altalar.
    If possible, I would request to invite the rest of the Silevon family to such a glorious event.

Love,
    Aubrey Joan Silevon

6. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

Application

Username: CrimsletMonarch

Character name: Novellia Te-Kuingde

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To Venra'ora,

Greetings! My name is Novellia Te-Kuingde and I'm an Estling Songstress. I would love the honor to attend this event as I enjoy being in grand events such as this and one with a wondrous reason as well. I hope this letter finds you in good time.

With Warm Regards,
    Novellia Te-Kuingde

7. Clewii

Clewii Woman

Username: Clewii

Character name: Caeda T'leuryn

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    [The letter would be written in neat script, embellished with loops and swirls.]

Madame Venra'ora:

This ball sounds absolutely enchanting; as a young Altalar, I am always looking for opportunities to learn more of my culture, and impart my own knowledge, little though it may be, on others. I would be delighted to attend, if you would have me.

May the Gods bless you,
    Caeda T'leuryn

8. Motherland

Dear Aubs,
    The Isldar are positively DISGUSTING FROST CREATURES, you are no exception. But really, I will surely accept you, as you have a special place in my heart. Your family's attendance is also most welcome!
    XOXO,
    signature5d5ad18c4f4d6.png

Dear Miss Novellia,
    I would be honored for you to attend. Perhaps even sing for us if you're up to the task! Please be on time.
    Blessings,

9. Motherland

Dear Miss Caeda,
    We have an infinite amount of time ahead of us. I would love nothing more than to help you indulge in our culture. Please feel free to speak to me outside of this event as well. I look forward to seeing you.
    Blessings,

10. VelmaV

VelmaV Somewhat Sarcastic. Sometimes.

Username: De_Lina

Character name: Lina Bella Poliwag

IC letter to Venra’ora: (The letter is neatly written on stationary, with a heart drawn next to her name.)

Dearist Venra’ora,
    I wouldst graciously hon'r'd to attendeth thy lovely ball. Mine own cater-confidant's has't did request attendance and I wouldst loveth the opp'rtunity to exp'rience such a grand nonce with those folk.
    Your's Sincerely,
    Miss Lina Poliwag <3

11. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Username: Nesstro
    Character name: Kai-si'en
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Miss Venra'ora,

I may not be of elven heritage and I am a Sihai but I would love to attend the ball and I also offer the services of providing food and drink for your event. If I am allowed to attend I'd like to be able to bring my family as well.
    - Kai-si'en

12. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

Username: Doeelk

IC Name: Dusk Waters

IC Letter: (Would be written on plain paper and written in wording that could only be described as cheery)

Madame Venra'ora:

My name is Dusk Waters and although we don't know each other yet I'd love to be able to meet you at the ball you're attending! I've always been a fan of so much fun, merriment, and of course beautiful dresses. I'd be honored if you'd allow me to attend!

Signed,
    Dusk Waters

13. AnimalisticArts

AnimalisticArts The Lonley One

Username: AnimalisticArts

Character name: Aaliyah Architorus

IC letter to Venra’ora: The letter was written in neat cursive, scribed in Modern Altalar.

M'lady Venra'ora,

We have not met, but I do love a good ball. I would be absolutely delighted if you'd allow a humble linguist to join in on your lovely event. I hope you will find me to be a worthy advocate for the competition of dresses. I look forward to meeting you.

A Humble Linguist,
    Aaliyah

14. Motherland

Dear Miss Lina,
    It would be lovely to have you. I expect you to have one of the loveliest gowns there!
    Love,
    Dear miss Kai-si'en,
    I would be honored to share my heritage with you and your family. You services would be most helpful, though we have acquired most meals for the evening in a list, some extra appetizers are always more than helpful. I hope to see you there and looking lovely!
    Love,
    Mister Dusk,
    It would be such a blessing to have you. Thank you for writing to me on this fine evening.
    Love,

15. Motherland

Miss Aaliyah,
    You're most welcome to join us on this fair evening. I will certainly look forward to seeing the gown you have in place for the evening. I shall reserve you a spot at the tables.
    Love,

16. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Username: SnashuuPomaymay

Character name: Tiray Virjeon

IC letter to Venra’ora: oop here we go
    To One Venra’ora,
    I am quite the invested partygoer, I’d be interested in having my name jotted down on the list, if it isn’t too much a hassle! I may bring a plus one- or Up to plus three at most, depending on if any of my dear roommates wish to join me in the festivities! All of elven descent, of course. I myself am an Isldar, if that’s at all important to your consideration. I wish you the best of luck with the celebration, as well!
    -Tiray Virjeon

17. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

Username: XAtraxiaX

Character name: Fen’nan Solaveira

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    (This letter was written in elegant, swooping cursive scribed exclusively in Modern Altalar)

Lady bits, Venra’ora

It’s about time someone did something to celebrate our culture, aye? Longer since I’ve attended a ball. As someone whom once looked to the stars with such a young, idealistic eye, despite recent, ah, events, I hope to be allowed into such a ball to celebrate them, and though I don’t know you and pish—it’d certainly make for an interesting night. I’m sure there’d be lots of corking people round’, aye?

From,
    An intrigued Altalar,
    Fen.

18. SheepieBaby

SheepieBaby Bestest Bean

Username: SheepieBaby

Character name: Amaranthae Venberos

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

{The letter was strictly written in Modern Altalar.}

To the fair lady, Venra'ora

I will keep this letter short and to the point, as I'm sure you've got many letters flowing in. I wish to join you on this wonderful night of stars and dancing, as I would love to socialize with others who share the same interests. If I could, may I request bringing a plus one as my date?

I do hope this letter finds you in excellent health.

Yours,

[​IMG]

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

19. abberants

abberants hater of men

Username: automagicals

Character name: Wendelina von Kreiger

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To the scholar, keeper of the stars, and Altalar woman, Venra'ora,
    Hello, my name is Wendelina von Kreiger, or, just Wendy for short. I would like to view the constellations, stars, and whatever else will be going on, please. In addition, I would love to learn about altalar culture and nelfin history in general. I would be very appreciative if you would have me at your ball.

Spirit be with you,
    Wendelina von Kreiger

20. Motherland

Dear Miss Tiray,
    I would love to have you attend. You may bring guests, but be sure to state that they are with you on arrival. While I would prefer them write to me, this is an acceptable alternative. I love a good partygoer, and I hope to see you here with us!
    Love,
    Dear ..Miss fellow Altalar,
    I made this ball in order to have a hub and event for our people.. as well as some others, to attend and enjoy the formal beauty of our heritage. The court of stars has always been on utmost importance to me, and I hope you attend and feel the same majesty I am trying to project upon the night.
    Love,

21. Motherland

(This letter response would be sent back in strictly Modern Altalar.)
    Dear Miss Amaranthae,
    Thank you for asking, you may bring another with you. I expect a great amount of elegance from you stranger, and I do hope you enjoy the night I have planned.
    Love,
    Dear Miss Wendelina,
    I always love to teach others about my heritage. You would be most welcome to attend, thank you for inquiring. Please keep in touch if you have any questions!
    Love,

22. OkaDoka

OkaDoka Bottomless Pit Supervisor Staff Member Lore3

Application
    Username: OkaDoka

Character name: Vivana Avalorn

IC letter to Venra’ora, composed in Modern Altalar:

Safe tidings upon you.

It came as a welcome surprise to me that one among my people had been considering the fineries and niceties of life while I occupied myself overmuch with the pains and struggles of ours on the ground, and of course rote administration. I should hope that a desire to attend from one such as myself would be met with acceptance, judging that I do rule the Est'alorn of this city, and considering what I have accomplished for them in recent days. It would do me great pride to meet my most prodigious and artistic subject, and bear witness to the event she has organized. We will speak soon after today, I hope.

Sol Fëanora Vivanaláryna Avalorn, bel ant Ës'l Athälas
    Vivana

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Motherland

(The letter response would be written in Modern Altalar)
    To Vivanaláryna Alvalorn,
    It would be an honor for you to attend my gathering. While I am new to a place like Regalia, I have seen much. I have made this event in an attempt to draw out our people to attend a night of celebration like the vast parties partaken during the Allorn empire. The court of stars is a gift I bestow upon us and all other races in an attempt to spread knowledge of our history and customs. We may speak whenever you call upon me, though I often nestle myself in the realm of the Rose court.
    Stars guide you,

24. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

Username: CyberMo01

Character name: Cieli Le'vilja

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    The following letter would be sent to Venra'ora written in Modern Altalar:

To the gracious host of this event, Venra'ora
    It pleases me to hear of an event that celebrates our kinds fine culture. As such, I would like to request that I be able to attend. After all, a night spent viewing the stars is an excellent way to take a break from the stresses of city life. I look forward to receiving your response some time in the coming days.

Sincerely,
    Hijna'cieli Lev'illilja

• Like Like x 1
  25. Motherland

Dear Miss Hijna'cieli,
    I would be disappointed if you did not intend on coming! Please come and join us, a plethora of old recipe dishes will be served, but don't get stuff before the dancing begins!
    Love,

26. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

Username: _Owlet
    Character name: Aeréndyl Hállëvandëia

IC letter to Venra’ora:

Written in their native tongue.

Greetings! My friend told me about this splendid ball being held and I would be ever so greatful to come and attend being a full0blooded Altalar, I'd love to celebrate the ins and outs of our culture and taste some delicious cuisine. If possible, might I bring along my twin sister?

Sincerely,
    Aeréndyl Hállëvandëia

27. Motherland

Dear Mister Aeréndyl,
    I vaguely remember meeting you in rose court, I would be most excited to see you and your sister attend the event. I expect only the best pageantry from you two.
    Love,

28. Thermite

Thermite

Username: Th3rmite

Character name: Ahti Seppanen

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Dear Venra'ora,

I am Ahti Seppanen. While I may not be of the most estemed, cultured, or noble of heritage I wish to ask to be allowed to attend this event so that I may go with betrothed Lina Poliwag. I also hope that, perhaps, I may be able to learn a bit of other cultures and elligance while there.

Sincerely,
    Ahti Seppanen.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  29. Follower

Follower :3c Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Username: F0llower

Character name: Leironse Jacyrin

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Written in Modern Altalar

By the Grace of the Pantheon Venra'ora,

I write to you on this evening, for it is one of many in this city. The nights grow longer as we all begin to prepare for the winter to gradually flow in. Yet I must admit it is with a great surprise that I encountered this. I am quite glad that you are choosing to try and bind together our people tighter, for it is a noble goal you attempt to achieve, and I, Solveiar Leithrandorei Roannfleisiaras Selistinoradin Jasthralistra Rinavalir, or, Leironse Jacyrin, whole heartedly support your efforts. I seek to attend this event, although it is likely I will bring another of our kind as a plus one, if she herself does not write a letter. I sincerely hope to hear a positive response from you in this regard, and if you ever seek questions regarding the faith, or if you seek guidance, I am always here to serve.

Safe Tidings, and may the Pantheon Above and Below watch over you,
    Solveiar Leithrandorei Roannfleisiaras Selistinoradin Jasthralistra Rinavalir

• Like Like x 1
  30. Scribbe

Scribbe Scribma Male Staff Member Lore1

Username: Scribbe.
    Character Name: Aeralaanys Rhylovhas.
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Written in archaic Modern Altalar, inked in deep royal blue;
    Ancestors' blessings upon you, Venra’ora,

Word has reached my office of those festivities you have organised for the enjoyment and benefit of our people. I have long since intended to host a ball of my own, but have been continually foiled by responsibility and happenstance. It would be to my greatest desires to be permitted to attend, and partake in your organisation alongside my kith and kin of the Est'alorn. I wait with bated breath for your response, and wish for your blessing to be one of the many who will celebrate on the night upon which your efforts will fruit.

My sincerest wishes,
    Secretary for the Magi,
    Elder of the Allorn,
    Once-bearer of Callandor,
    Aeralaanys Tyus Rhylovhas.

31. Motherland

Dear Ahti,
    Who am I to separate the betrothed on a night meant to share such warmth and love. Please dress nicely.
    Love,
    Dear Solveiar Leithrandorei,
    I remember you from the clinic. Most noble, and yet you set aside your gorgeous, lengthy name? Anywho, I would be glad for you to join us. I expect only the most elegant of entrances from my kin, and the best of behaviors as well. Thank you for reaching out to me, and I accept your request to bring a guest.
    Love,
    (This letter would have been written in purely Modern Altalar. Though hastily to match up with the rest of her responses.)
    Dear Aeralaanys Rhylovhas,
    I am glad you have taken the time out of your day to attend the ball with us. This event was... nerve-racking to make and design, being so new to the city I did not expect many to be so willing to jump at the opportunity. In my short time here I haven't seen as much of our kin as I perhaps would have hoped, therefore with these flooding applicants I speak my truth when I say I am whole-heartedly pleased. Thank you for writing.
    Love,

32. Argens_Aegis

Argens_Aegis

Username: Argens_Aegis

Character name: Viktora van Alst

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To Madame Vënra’lai’ora

While we are unmet to one another, I write with the desire to attend your Court of Stars Ball. While my knowledge of Altalar stars is limited, my formal mentor in linguistics had tried to teach me their importance to your people and it would do me a great pride to attend as a former student of hers. I look forward to hearing back and do hope this finds you in good spirits.
    May Ulley Protect and Ellea guide your Path, and May the Stars shine ever in your presence.

With best regards, Viktora van Alst

33. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Username: Caelamus
    Character name: Azëlloa Hállëvandëia
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Hello! Good evening as I write this letter anyway. I, Azelloa Hallevandeia, Elder of the Shademarsh Colony and Yanar of Regalia write to you to request attendance to your esteemed ball, Lady Venra'ora on behalf of my family and people. We would absolutely love to attend and spend the evening with our friends the Altalar. And I would like to meet you face to face. I personally plan to bring along the newest edition of my family, Aska and my daughters if you would allow.

Nevertheless, Ulley protect you, and Ellea guide your path! From the Yanar community, we wish you a wonderful day-- until then!
    Signed, Azëlloa Hállëvandëia
    With an string of words written in silver mage script underneath that read; May the stars always shine upon you.

34. Motherland

Dear Viktora,
    Whilst your reasoning is odd, I formally accept your request to join us on that evening. I hope you are willing to learn, and enjoy yourself among my people.
    Love,
    Dear Azëlloa,
    I of course accept such a kind letter and hope to see you and your kin in attendance. You may find me often in the Rose court. I hope your... leaves.. are nice and groomed for the event!
    Love,

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  35. TheWonderOfYou

TheWonderOfYou

Username: LazarusInLove

Character name: Rudiger von Zellmann

IC letter to Venra’ora:

Dear Miss Venra’ora

I would be most delighted to partake in such an event not only to enrich my knowledge of Altalar culture, but to get to know my fellow Regalians as I am relatively new to this city. I am also proficient in the piano so if you need any players for the event I would be honored to provide some fitting music.

Sincerely,
    Rudiger von Zellmann

36. Puagrace

Puagrace No limit to your imagination, except for Lore!

Username: Puagrace and ValentineQuinn

Character name: Covas Shainvrel And Bethalie Constance.

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To Venta’ora
    Greetings! We would love to come to your ball! It seems like it will be a lot of fun!
    Sincerely Covas and Beth.

37. HeyKaii

HeyKaii

Username: DaddyKai, GlueyPasta

Character name: Caligula T. Frostine Aila Frostine

IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To tho whos name is Venra'Ora
    Greetings Miss Venra'Ora, Me and my daughter would love to attend the ball. It would be a break from everyday life. I look forward to your reply
    Best Regards​

Caligula Frostine

#37 HeyKaii, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  38. Zubile

Zubile teehee Supremium

Username: Zubile
    Character name: Sta'erris He'Aderus
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    To Venra'ora,
    Greetings, I hope this letter finds you in good health. I'm quite interested in the viewing of constellations and understanding of the Altalar culture. I am an Isldar wishing to engage further in Nelfin history and enjoy a good party as well. I hope you would allow me the privilege of attending your sensational event and if I may be allowed to bring another with me?

Sincerely,
    Sta'erris He'Aderus

39. Tiaq

Tiaq e girl extraordinaire

Username: MintyJade
    Character name: Taendross Shainvrel
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    A parchment of high quality would come similar with the rest, Sealed with a blue wax seal of a frozen rose with a leaf. The letter inside was written in heavy cursive, although very easy to understand. Along with this, it seems it was also written in Modern Altalar.
    —————————————
    Dear Madame Venra’ora,
    It has been heard through my kin that you’ve set out a time and date for a ball for the celebration of welcoming constellations unto our sky as autumn approaches us. If allowed, I would love to bring myself along as well as a plus one, if you will let me. I am more than intrigued by this ball, and would love to be able to attend and speak to fellow astronomers & Stargazers.

Close regards,
    Taendross Mairthair Shainvrel,
    Elder Of The Frozen Court.

40. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

Username: sleepyisveryslep
    Character name: Lily Janssen
    IC letter to Venra’ora:
    Venra'ora,
    I have heard about your event through my trusted confidants, and would love to join both yourself and others in order to view the introduction and I would also love to learn more about it, as I am ashamed of how little I know about the sky that is always above us.
    Cordially,
    Lily Janssen​