Archived New Custom Crafting Recipes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Party_Penguin27

exactly 43.5 various checkbooks
Reaction score
Faction
Glead
After many months of playing Massive I have enjoyed the server greatly.
However I think that there are a few things that should be able to be crafted more easily.

1) Red sand.
I have wanted this for a while now, and was sad to see that there was no way to obtain it in Massive.
A recipe could be red dye surrounded by sand, similar to the stained clay recipes.

2) Nether Quartz.
Now before you all go screaming to the comments section let me explain myself.
As most of you know the only accessible nether is The Rift, which while being interesting, is not the best place to get materials.
I propose a recipe such as a diamond surrounded by netherrack as to avoid being too op

3) Leather
Ok so we all have useless stacks of zombie flesh sitting around.
I propose a crafting recipe such as 9 flesh into 1 leather would be highly beneficial to the server.

These are my biggest things that I would like to see implemented.
Please make more suggestions and feedback in the comments.
Thanks

4) Packed Ice
We need this so i can build an ice palace. Nuff said.
Suggested Recipe
4 Ice in a square turns into packed ice. Like the sandstone design.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Being able to turn zombie flesh into leather would turn my 2k worth of leather into nothing. If you go out and find two cows and breed them for a while you can easily get all the leather you need.

Red sand will be harvestable in the new world, so there's not much reason for that since teled methen is (supposed) to come out soon.

As for quartz, there's nothing wrong with harvesting it from the rift, and getting it is incrediblyeasy. Using efficiency 4 you can insta mine netherrack, an quartz ore is extremelycommon and comes in large veins.

Being able to turn zombie flesh into leather would turn my 2k worth of leather into nothing. If you go out and find two cows and breed them for a while you can easily get all the leather you need.

Red sand will be harvestable in the new world, so there's not much reason for that since teled methen is (supposed) to come out soon.

As for quartz, there's nothing wrong with harvesting it from the rift, and getting it is incrediblyeasy. Using efficiency 4 you can insta mine netherrack, an quartz ore is extremelycommon and comes in large veins.

Actually I have found Quartz to be rare as all the easily accessible quartz is gone.
Also THE NEW WORLD TAT COMES OUT AT AN INDETERMINATE DATE AND WILL BE IN CONSTANT TURMOIL FOR AGES SO RARE EXPORTS

Well we need /something/ to do with all the flesh.

Actually I have found Quartz to be rare as all the easily accessible quartz is gone.
Also THE NEW WORLD TAT COMES OUT AT AN INDETERMINATE DATE AND WILL BE IN CONSTANT TURMOIL FOR AGES SO RARE EXPORTS

Well we need /something/ to do with all the flesh.
Go out 200 hundred blocks from spawn. Get all the quartz you want.

Why would the new world be in constant turmoil?...

Just throw it away...

Actually leather is already extremely easy to come by and is rarely sold at a price that is not a complete ripoff. Once you unlock Salvage you'll be able to get more then you'll ever need in a darkroom from mob drops.

Only one I really like is the red sand, as it would add an alternative to griefing the hell out of any new world that gets added that has red sand in it.

Quartz is super easy to get if you just make a portal in a far corner of the rift somewhere and explore a bit, and I feel that nobody would utilize a recipe for it if it was added. I personally don't profit off of selling leather, but I imagine that a lot of the people that do would be quite annoyed if a new way to get it was added, especially if it was through crafting an item as easy to obtain as rotten flesh.

Because everyone and their pet slime wants to set up a faction or go exploring there.
Yeah that sorta happens in a new world. Chances are they'll do it like they did Fendar and let only premiums in for a week before releasing it server-wide.
In the case that doesn't happen though, it doesn't mean the entire freaking world is going to be rid of red sand within the week of release. Plus I don't even think it's having red sand since that was the old world, Guldarr, and it was canceled and Teled Methen replaced it.
Chances are Teled won't have red sand but, who knows.
Also, if you meant people will kill others in there, bring friends or bring traits that will outrun other players. Get like speed2 and jump2 and speed potions, and jump potions if this comes out in 1.8, and outrun people, chances are that they won't bother you.

Also, diamond surrounded in Netherrack is pretty op. Most people have Netherrack, diamonds are in abundance in most factions and stores. I'm pretty sure you get netherrack from voting too, unless that was removed. Maybe something else? That just seems way too east to me.

Also, diamond surrounded in Netherrack is pretty op. Most people have Netherrack, diamonds are in abundance in most factions and stores. I'm pretty sure you get netherrack from voting too, unless that was removed. Maybe something else? That just seems way too east to me.

1 diamond for 1 piece of quartz? So 4 diamonds for a block? I dont think that would be too op
Also NUUUUU I NEED MY RED SAND ;_;

As an economist I believe that custom recipes for goods that are attainable by natural means for example leather, and nether quartz is a terrible idea because market economies require scarcity. If everyone can obtain the item themselves then there is no incentive to trade, thus your market economy has failed. I am sure @Madus would probably support what I am saying.

As an economist I believe that custom recipes for goods that are attainable by natural means for example leather, and nether quartz is a terrible idea because market economies require scarcity. If everyone can obtain the item themselves then there is no incentive to trade, thus your market economy has failed. I am sure @Madus would probably support what I am saying.

At least add the red sand :(

I'd like to see the leather recipe come into existence because I can never find enough leather to make anything with bookshelves -_-

Honestly, have you tried it? Gigantic amounts of leather are needed to make a library -_-

I'd like to see the leather recipe come into existence because I can never find enough leather to make anything with bookshelves -_-

Honestly, have you tried it? Gigantic amounts of leather are needed to make a library -_-

Mecharic don't be stingy participate in the economy, and barter for it.

@Party_Penguin27 I do not object to red sand being added because red sand doesn't exist.

Mecharic don't be stingy participate in the economy, and barter for it.

@Party_Penguin27 I do not object to red sand being added because red sand doesn't exist.

Haven't you heard? All rich people are stingy, that's how we become rich! And think of the money people could make if rotten flesh was suddenly actually useful as anything other than dog-food!

@Sarge_Peppers I do partially agree with you. Some of these ideas is horrible (economical aspect) but others doesn't really matter.

1) Red sand. If that is a 1.8 block, then we can't use it anyway, before we update. Having a recipee for it (before new worlds) would be nice so we can make other buildings & everyone wouldn't grief the new world instantly. I would probably make it a but more expensive, to get some items out of the system.

2) Nether quartz) Messing with the economy nope from here. As other people already said go 500 metres away from spawn and then mine it (rmember effi5 & haste 2)

3) Leather. Would make leather worthless. Also IRL you have waste products. In minecraft that waste product is rotten flesh.

Haven't you heard? All rich people are stingy, that's how we become rich! And think of the money people could make if rotten flesh was suddenly actually useful as anything other than dog-food!
-looks to his 4 doublechests of rotten flesh-
:?

Is that school you and Grailen go to even accredited? :P

It is true that the best way to make money is to not spend it, but your other point is terrible. I cannot report any physical numbers (because I don't have any way of recording trends), but the flood of leather in the economy would be a very bad thing for the supplier. It would drive the price down, and the quantity demanded would not increase enough to make a difference.

Is that school you and Grailen go to even accredited? :P

It is true that the best way to make money is to not spend it, but your other point is terrible. I cannot report any physical numbers (because I don't have any way of recording trends), but the flood of leather in the economy would be a very bad thing for the supplier. It would drive the price down, and the quantity demanded would not increase enough to make a difference.

Did you seriously take me seriously here?

Did you seriously take me seriously here?

Hey I always love giving a good micro-economics lesson. Also spend your money lol. The invisible hand cannot allocate all of the scarce resources is there aren't as many buyers as there is sellers.

#LongLiveAdamSmith #MiraclePencil

Hey I always love giving a good micro-economics lesson. Also spend your money lol. The invisible hand cannot allocate all of the scarce resources is there aren't as many buyers as there is sellers.

#LongLiveAdamSmith #MiraclePencil

I'm working on it... Regals not Spent have No Value.

I'm working on it... Regals not Spent have No Value.

I say invest your money into the workforce. The working class tends to drive the spending side of the economy. It would honestly be a lot easier if the server had some sort of enhanced market economy plugin where specialization was required, so for example you as an "entrepreneur" could own a business, but couldn't go cut down trees, or mine gold, but you could hire people to who specialize in it. give them wages. Instead we have an economy where someone like FHFdoom can use his Doomsian Economics, and collect all the resources himself and sell them, and the economy doesn't really benefit.

I say invest your money into the workforce. The working class tends to drive the spending side of the economy. It would honestly be a lot easier if the server had some sort of enhanced market economy plugin where specialization was required, so for example you as an "entrepreneur" could own a business, but couldn't go cut down trees, or mine gold, but you could hire people to who specialize in it. give them wages. Instead we have an economy where someone like FHFdoom can use his Doomsian Economics, and collect all the resources himself and sell them, and the economy doesn't really benefit.

That would be nice.

has too many cons though

it would take a lot of people to comply (most people like being able to be self sufficient in survival)
Can become more modern easily if their is too much specialization
super complex
it would take a more mature audience to enjoy the plugin

has too many cons though

it would take a lot of people to comply (most people like being able to be self sufficient in survival)
Can become more modern easily if their is too much specialization
super complex
it would take a more mature audience to enjoy the plugin

Perhaps an in-house version of MCmmo where your stats decay with disuse - someone who wants to make money could pick mining (all the time) or logging (all the time) but couldn't pick both and maintain their stats. At the very least it would make it more difficult to walk around as EpicSuperKamiGuru with maxed power in all stats.

Perhaps an in-house version of MCmmo where your stats decay with disuse - someone who wants to make money could pick mining (all the time) or logging (all the time) but couldn't pick both and maintain their stats. At the very least it would make it more difficult to walk around as EpicSuperKamiGuru with maxed power in all stats.

That would be pretty cool I would support that, but in order for that to work it would have to be like runescape where the higher level you are the better things you can mine. Like low level miner could mine coal and iron, and a low level can only cut down oak trees, and can't plant saplings, but as you progress you can begin mining better things, and cutting different trees.

-looks at chest of leather- Stupid poor people, always complaining bout not having enough money. :p

Red sand. If that is a 1.8 block, then we can't use it anyway, before we update.

It is actually a 1.7 block. It's been around quite a while, just the most recent survival world(excluding the rift) came out about 9 months ago, not long after the 1.7 update. So we just haven't seen it featured in a world yet, and non-existant on massive. The same goes for packed ice, which I feel also should have a recipe.

It is actually a 1.7 block. It's been around quite a while, just the most recent survival world(excluding the rift) came out about 9 months ago, not long after the 1.7 update. So we just haven't seen it featured in a world yet, and non-existant on massive. The same goes for packed ice, which I feel also should have a recipe.

I meant to include that 1 secons

Red sand. If that is a 1.8 block, then we can't use it anyway, before we update. Having a recipee for it (before new worlds) would be nice so we can make other buildings & everyone wouldn't grief the new world instantly. I would probably make it a but more expensive, to get some items out of the system.

Red Sandstone is new to 1.8, not Red sand. Though, I would personally want to wait for both to be added into a new world, cause red sand and red sandstone would be my life :3