Archived Minigame Staff

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
The minigame universe. It has gone long since it has received any love. There are only a few mini-games, and many of them are very similar. While they each are fun, there just aren't enough for it to have a constant flow of people playing them.

The staff members are often busy creating new plugins, worlds, wiki pages, etc. The minigame universe often needs to be pushed aside for more important things. However, I have an idea. Minigame staff.

The idea is somewhat similar to Quest staff. Their job will be to focus mainly on just mini-games. They will need to come up with ideas for mini-games, build maps for them, code how they will work, and add them to the server.

They would need skills in both coding and building. They may need to work together with World and Game staff for some things. If the minigame staff ever seems unnecessary, they could be placed into World or Game staff depending on their area of greatest skill.

They would gain points in some of the normal ways like tickets, help chat, etc. However, some other ways they could gain points could be:

Helping with anyone accused of cheating in a minigame (1 point)

Creating an approved concept for a minigame (1 point)

Fixing any bugs in a minigame (1-2 points depending on the difficulty and/ or amount)

Creating a small minigame map (such as spleef, splegg, etc) (2 points)

Coding a simple minigame (2 points)

Creating a large minigame map (3 points)

Coding a complex minigame (3 points)

Post your ideas below! I can't wait to hear what you think!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Building should be for world staff. Coding is for tech staff. Punishing someone cheating would be for Game Staff. So I don't think it would make sense have a whole department.
Also the points giving for coding is just ridiculous. Looking at the change log Cayorion got 8 points for the character card plugin. MiniGames takes a long time to make.

Idont think we need small game staff. Get it, becuase mini-game.

While mini games are fun, they aren't the priority on the server. We have roleplay, quests, and pvp integration. Those will always have priority over the mini game world as massivecraft has a specialization that is not mini games. World staff are in charge of building arenas and such but they are seldom implemented or built due to the above reason. When it all boils down, mini game staff would not be able to exist as it would be impossible for them to upkeep a rank, and the priority for mini games is just very low on the list.

I agree with indy there are many people that want to be staff now a days but some don't know what to be. Game staff is the most loved but have like mini game staff would be nice

While this is a good idea, Massivecraft is pretty much divided into two parts; rp and pvp. If you want to go play minigames, most people go onto Mineplex or the Hive, because their server revolves around the minigames that they offer. Massive's setup necessarily doesn't follow this principle of mini games being superior to whatever else the server has to offer. While I do feel that the staff could spruce up the minigames' universe from time to time, I don't think that this section would need to have an entire division devoted to just minigames.