Archived Massivecraft's Unique Pvp

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Savantly

CEO
Reaction score
Faction
Shop
A Brief History of PvP
Generally Massivecraft PvP has always had some way of being unique. Back 3 years ago we had Mcmmo mechanics mixed with racial bonuses. Vampires soon dominated PvP, only soon to be nerfed. Then after that Races were removed and MassiveTraits were born. A system where you could customize PvP to your own needs, gaining resistance to different weapons and powering the usage of the weapon of your choice. I'll admit the pluggin was a bit archaic for its time, but it was really fun.

Today on Massivecraft, the "PvPers" want kit PvP in the survival world.​

EVERY
OTHER
SERVER
HAS
KIT
PVP

and it is really boring. Kit pvp doesn't promote weapon specialization and does not support team fighting very well. Just incase you don't know what Kit PvP is, here is a short rundown.

*Hack* *Slashy* *Hack* *Health Potion*
*Hack* *Slashy* *Hack* Pearls away and tries to desperately move health potions into hot bar.
Repeat until armor breaks, run out of potions or forget to use potions.
*Emphasis on people running away when at 10% HP*

"Poky, you could say that about any game" - Anonymous
Sure you could, but most other games do not require you to grind for 25+ hours to get an alchemy level which allows you to make the only thing that keeps you even with the competition. Resistance, Absorption and Healthboost potions. Not to mention that Alchemy is the most expensive skill to train, with it requiring you to make hundreds of double chests of potions to gain an adequate level.

This is why Massivetraits was so nice, because it got around the need to create Healthboost and Absorption potions. Let me remind you. I was against traits for PVP, but now that I see how fundamental it was to letting players jump straight into PvP. I regret my previous stance.

Here comes the part where I would normally propose a complicated idea for a horrendously time inducing pluggin. Not this time. #BringBackTraitPvP

Any comments related to making PvP on Massive more Unique are welcome. Typical PvPer responses (Flame) will be removed.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
99% races will never come back and we would never put kits in faction worlds if you want kitpvp play go to kitpvp for that

As for HFC style kits they would not be kits like /kit ABC but maybe the style from hfc woul dnot be bad

99% races will never come back and we would never put kits in faction worlds if you want kitpvp play go to kitpvp for that
I don't think anyone suggested putting kits in the faction world :c

i no i was just saying it be for someone said it

Sorry ily gethelp <3

Last edited:
maybe the style from hcf would not be bad
I think that was where we were aiming. Wear a certain armor set, gain the buffs and nerfs for that set. No mix matching.

At least that was my take on the conversation.

But we are working on something for traits that may or may not bring all traits back with in the next 1-2 weeks and be 100% blocked for pvp
but more info will be posted when it gets closer

But we are working on something for traits that may or may not bring all traits back with in the next 1-2 weeks and be 100% blocked for pvp
but more info will be posted when it gets closer
How would traits be brought back but be blocked for PVP? I assume you mean bringing back all the old combat traits that got removed. If so, then how does bringing them back and blocking them in PVP work?

How would traits be brought back but be blocked for PVP? I assume you mean bringing back all the old combat traits that got removed. If so, then how does bringing them back and blocking them in PVP work?
My guess would be it's just for PvE.

I personally like Jes idea a lot. Sounds a lot like the squad mechanics from the Battlefield series. I really love Battlefield. :D

Did this man just suggest removing potions from pvp?