Archived Massivecraft Time (standard Server Time)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider6106

King of Dovahkiin, the DragonBorn
Reaction score
I hate figuring out time zones to try and arrange meeting people on the server at the correct time.
So a simple idea to help players coordinate their game time with others and know when server events are happening and such is a 'Server Time'.
This could simply be a clock on the website/forum that can be based off any timezone.
It would simply enable people to say "Ok lets meet online at 18:00 Massivecraft Time", and each party will know how far away that is for them. (eg."Its 13:00 now, so I have to be online in 5 hours.")
This would just save players having to calculate times on time zone calculators and such.
It would also be a handy feature to use as a reference point for stuff (eg. My friend always comes online at 08:00 Massivecraft Time, so I will try to be on then.")
I would certainly use this feature a lot, but it may be completely useless to others.
I don't know how feasible it is either. Is there a website plugin for this? I don't know. :)
All thoughts appreciated!

EDIT: As stated by Molimo1, it would also be handy for privacy reasons, meaning you don't have to give out your timezone.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
given that the staff is European I would presume the "official" time to be GMT + 1

I support this idea, this would also make it easier for roleplay events such as weddings, so you can just write [Time]MT instead of making a long list of differen countries and their time zones.[/Time]

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."
+1 Support

46057981.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.