Archived Massivecraft Sound Pack

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Keonity

Pioneer
Reaction score
Faction
Aeternus
Hello! Thanks for reading up on my feature/idea request! This request is about a client-side sound pack that I think would be amazing for the server!

MassiveCraft should, alongside the Resource Pack have an optional sound pack! This sound pack would make the game much more interesting, as it would both increase the RPG tone and feel of the server itself and express the creativity of the server! The sound pack would drastically change sounds such as hitting, walking, mob sounds, music, and more! With a MassiveCraft sound pack, the world of Aloria would be much more immersive and interesting! I hope you consider my idea seriously, and possibly accept it!​

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Thanks for reading up on my feature/idea request! This request is about a client-side sound pack that I think would be amazing for the server!

MassiveCraft should, alongside the Resource Pack have an optional sound pack! This sound pack would make the game much more interesting, as it would both increase the RPG tone and feel of the server itself and express the creativity of the server! The sound pack would drastically change sounds such as hitting, walking, mob sounds, music, and more! With a MassiveCraft sound pack, the world of Aloria would be much more immersive and interesting! I hope you consider my idea seriously, and possibly accept it!​
Sounds like a feature that really has no drawbacks and would help immerse players into the world of Aloria more. Nice suggestion :D

I like this idea a lot. I'd like to see how would PvP sound with that soundtrack.

I think that would be awesome like on the docks have ocean sounds and people chattering :) tavern would be people talking glass clinking here and there
10/10

I think that would be awesome like on the docks have ocean sounds and people chattering :) tavern would be people talking glass clinking here and there
10/10
That'd be like the Flavour text. most likely a trigger.

10/10
Hearing sound is (mostly) client side. What you describe is sadly not possible with the current state of minecraft and would need both a server and client modification. Projects (in tbe bukkit/spigot community) that have supported this have gone dead and massivecraft is not able to deliver something like this.

A soundpack though (replacing the sound in minecrafts resource folder) is possible, though it would be hard to find already matching sounds (for free) to make such a project possible. I agree though, it is a very nice idea :).

I do agree with the idea, but do remember the staff would have to program and all that other stuff to make the sound pack. Which(correct me if I am wrong) could take several weeks or days. Anyway +1 support

Hearing sound is (mostly) client side. What you describe is sadly not possible with the current state of minecraft and would need both a server and client modification. Projects (in tbe bukkit/spigot community) that have supported this have gone dead and massivecraft is not able to deliver something like this.

A soundpack though (replacing the sound in minecrafts resource folder) is possible, though it would be hard to find already matching sounds (for free) to make such a project possible. I agree though, it is a very nice idea :).

You can use a Resource Pack and make it possible for sounds.

If my memory is correct massive did this once when resource packs were first introduced I remember hissing skeletons and sword clashing noises spiders were spooky too

There's not enough words to explain how much I support this man!
I can't believe someone hasn't suggested this earlier. Well done.
+ Support.

If i remember correctly we /did/ have something along these lines as @Endarianos mentioned, with custom music discs and combat sounds etc a long time back.
Not entirely sure what happend to it. Though im all for having something like this again :)
I used to use the ambient sounds mods that came with better foliage when we were 1.7.10, so added like high winds when you were atop a mountain, gurgling bogs in swamps etc.

So uh, would this only be available to premium players? ... jokes aside, having an ingame soundtrack personalized to the server itself would be unique. You got my vote +1

Music and unnecessary files were stripped from the texture pack to facilitate the auto download feature on the server.

It's a potential solution to create a side optional resource pack with sounds, but I don't know if we have anyone on the staff able to do that, as we already have issues keeping the current texture pack up to date.

Maybe note-blocks could be edited, like the lesser used ones, as few people use noteblocks on massivecraft.