Archived Massivecraft Mod!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby65

armegeddon has arrived, has cookies
Reaction score
I propose a custom mod for Massivecraft that contains:
Interactive Shackles
Wearable mage Collars
More immersive rp items
Race-specific Clothing
A magic plugin

These would serve to enhance RP.

Some mods to look at, stylistically:
DarkRoleplay
Mr Crayfishes' furniture mod
Thaumcraft

See what you think!
Louby

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
These all sound like great idea, but in the end, making a mod would limit Massive's playerbase.

If there was a mod, then everyone playing would have to download it, as opposed to just logging in and be fine. This means there would be few new players joining massive, as they would have to download a mod just to play.

Don't fret though, as many of these things you want to see can already happen in RP:
  • Shackles can't be done, but imagination or using skin layers is one way to do this. or have players hold two tripwire hooks in their hand and offhand to emulate cuffs.
  • Mage collars actually can be worn by premiums using the /hat feature. Just wear a gold carpet on your neck. Or edit your skin to put a ring on the head layer.
  • As for immersive RP items, there's a lot of player lore items that Premiums also make. a lot of players run IC shops that sell these items. check them out.
  • Race-specific clothing basically comes down to skin making. Though to be fair, a lot of cultures try to emulate Regalian culture when in the city to not be judged as harshly.
  • As for the magic plugin, there has been discussion about MassiveMagic, but for now it serves as just a very early developed plugin if that. For all we need to know, it has been discussed and may/may not be added in the future.
In short, the only mods that fit well on massive are those that are client sided, as it allows those who want a little more viriety to do so without isolating a bunch of players who cannot use mods.

Two things, @FireFan96
a. Did you even look at the sample mods?
b. You can code a host- side mod, take a look at any mainstream minigame server for proof

So yeah.

It is very unlikely that Massivecraft will create its own mod or support mods in general. MPM is the furthest into the mod world that Massive goes on their end.

Two things, @FireFan96
a. Did you even look at the sample mods?
b. You can code a host- side mod, take a look at any mainstream minigame server for proof

So yeah.
a. yes
b. a host side mod is basically a plugin. all those cool vehicles and such are just texture pack models and armor stand tricks.

It also involves coding, which right now is not a main priority for the server. I may not be tech staff (or any staff for that matter) but right now the largest things being coded and worked on is premium features and then the job island thingy. Basically implementing things due to the EULA changes and Mojang's enforcement.

In the end, these changes would only be used by half the server. Besides the magic plugin, PvPers could care less about fancy RP things.

In the end, my thoughts are more based on the resources we have at the moment, which is one full time coder and two semi part time ones who have gotten busy as of late. So although I'd be fine seeing these things, I think in the end adding more mods and stuff takes away from the creativity and imagination of players. That's just my argument.

Good idea, but probably not going to be implemented.

You can code a host- side mod, take a look at any mainstream minigame server for proof
You quite obviously do not understand the difference between a plugin and a mod, and the limitations of plugins.

Going to close this and mark as "Dated" as a magic plugin is in-progress, albeit not specific to MassiveCraft lore and it is possible to create your own clothing and lore items or obtain them through events, voting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.