Archived Massivecraft App

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

mcmann

Resident Foxgirl
Reaction score
Website
www.mcmann32.com
Faction
Lurelin
What if there was an app so that we could access the forums, except have it more mobile friendly? We'd get all the same features, and some new ones like notifications. It'd pretty much be like most social media apps, except Massivecraft. I would love it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While I think it would be unrealistic for the tech department, it'd be cool.

I guess for news and announcements but meh....

I'm a little confused as to what this app would be different from just accessing the forums from a mobile web browser like I'm doing right now

The forums are automatically compatible with tablets and phones, they just have a slightly different format.

You would be able to be more mobile with your phone or tablet with this app, with pages loading faster, without having to open tabs galore, possibly even getting notified as if it was Facebook. Think of it like that, or Kahoot. The idea behind an app was to be more mobile friendly than the webpage already is.

I found an app here called Forum Talker that works pretty decently, i just got it on my phone to try it out. The only thing that doesnt seem to work is that it doesnt load forms. So other than that this app is pretty good

You would be able to be more mobile with your phone or tablet with this app, with pages loading faster, without having to open tabs galore, possibly even getting notified as if it was Facebook. Think of it like that, or Kahoot. The idea behind an app was to be more mobile friendly than the webpage already is.
I guess think of it like YouTube app vs YouTube on mobile, or Steam Mobile vs going to the website

Honestly I'd rather have slow page load times and no massive forums app that may take a while for tech staff to implement if they even know how to do that. I'd rather them having their time dedicated to helping the server and working on plugins than a forums application that would benefit a few. My forums works absolutely perfect on my web browser on my iPhone.

Honestly I'd rather have slow page load times and no massive forums app that may take a while for tech staff to implement if they even know how to do that. I'd rather them having their time dedicated to helping the server and working on plugins than a forums application that would benefit a few. My forums works absolutely perfect on my web browser on my iPhone.
And my Android phone works pretty fast too

Let's see. Hundreds of dollars in licensing for an app to do what you can already do with the web browser on your phone. Plus taking tons of time away from our tech staff.

I don't see much upside to this idea.

Let's see. Hundreds of dollars in licensing for an app to do what you can already do with the web browser on your phone. Plus taking tons of time away from our tech staff.

THANK YOU!

I understand, but I still hold my point that it's not as mobile friendly as it can be. I think it'd be a more pleasant experience if I could swipe from the right, for example, to access my notifications. And as for the hundreds of dollars, you could always implement ads.

I understand, but I still hold my point that it's not as mobile friendly as it can be. I think it'd be a more pleasant experience if I could swipe from the right, for example, to access my notifications. And as for the hundreds of dollars, you could always implement ads.
I still don't think it's worth the time it'll take to implement this, plus the annoyance of ads.

Thanks for your feedback and opinions, everyone. I do understand completely where everyone is coming from, whether it's an agreement or a disagreement. I just wanted to see if this idea would work out. I thought that, maybe, I could assist in making this a thing. But, I thank you all for your attention.

I'd like it, it would be hard for our staff tho... I don't even know if they programmed the forums now

Hey! Thank your for your suggestion! Unfortunately, this is not something we are interested in at the moment.