Dated Marketplace Ideas

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Valto, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valto

Valto Staring at the sky

When compared to the recent past, the marketplace (/tp market) is not very active due to the low ownership of small shops/medium shops, a rather high turnover rate of shop owners, and many shops not being restocked often/having uncompetitive prices. Here's my ideas for how to improve the market.

Remove Small Shops and Decrease the Cost of Medium Shops Located on Market Edges

Small shops are not often frequented by the average player looking to buy items with any sort of specific purchasing needs, but the niche they could fill (variety shops/specialty shops) is already covered by medium shops. Also, the average small shop owner is probably trying to save money on rent and would likely prefer a medium shop. This leads into my next suggestion which is to decrease the price of the medium shops located on the map edges from 300 to 200/250r. Currently, the only active medium shops located here are those with owners who've had their shop at the location for a long time. These changes will allow for those who would otherwise rent a low traffic area to instead rent an area with much higher traffic.

Add a Subforum to the "Massive Marketplace" Forum for Advertising Market Shops' Contents and Activity

The current ways to inform others about what you're selling at your market shop are by posting in trade chat or by word of mouth which doesn't frequently occur. The subforum could be structured and have rules similar to the "Guilds and Organizations" subforum.

Send Automated Mail Messages Concerning Shops' Renting Periods

Alongside the current notification, it would be useful if players are sent an automated mail message by the server so we could see when the renting period will be over through simply loading the mail. A notification message also provides players who've missed their rent information on what happened after the fact.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment on my suggestions. I won't mind if you think they're all bad if you provide reasons.

#1 Valto, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

I like this idea.

I like this idea

areashop is a 3rd party plugin so massive is restricted by whatever it can already do. So if it's not possible then it's not do-able

3. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

For me, it's a bit hard to analyze the market since at the end of the day, every shop sells the exact same thing, to the point where I usually just go to a faction store like salemslot and buy from them purely because they offer everything. Or go to a player who I interact with a lot and know they keep a staple supply of the blocks I need.

I'd rather just see the market world deleted and have individual factions run shops. It allows players to see the faction worlds, give factions something to be proud of, and creates dependence of factions for goods, and safety when purchasing.

We've had public darkrooms that work very well in terms of this concept, so why not markets?

Sorry if this was a tangent post, but my original one was to agree with removing small shops. My logic then applied to both medium and large shops, so I just went to the extreme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Agree, market world should be deleted imo, increases the importance of factions

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Completely agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

I definitely agree with the deletion of small shops and medium shops, I don't find them to be hugely productive and they can be a hassle from an administrative sense. I used to own a medium shop and while I did advertise it, the custom for it was poor. The only medium shops that receive any attention are the ones at the center.

Deleting large shops, I wouldn't be 100% sure about. There will be a lot of people that will view this negatively but if it actually incentivises trading within the faction world, I would consider it. If this were to happen, there would need to be a fairly unanimous decision among Game staff and players for this to occur because I remember the last time rumours around a Market deletion spread and everyone's opinion wasn't exactly optimal.

Issuing refunds and assisting players move their stuff out of shops, in the case of a Market world deletion, would be another challenge. Please take this just as a grain of salt and is purely a hypothesis of what would happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SnugglyKittens

SnugglyKittens Head pat weeb

Remove small shops yes.
    Decrease the cost of medium shops? They cost barely anything as it is.

8. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Remove market, to laggy and disvourages proper trade, redund owners 20k and delete pls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

0 redund 2 much money around

10. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Are you drunk again??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.