Archived Maiar Transportable Food-source (in The Rift)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agent7841

Refugee
Reaction score
Faction
Silthrim
So...isn't it annoying that maiar can't regenerate hunger AT ALL in the rift...well maybe bottles of water can be added to their food sources (like 1 bottle of water is 1 food point or half of one).If this is added, it might seem a bit overpowered so there could be a counter. Maiar lose more hunger in deserts,jungles and The Rift

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
But you forget that in minecraft there is no such thing as water pressure. Maiar's are considered mammals, and the definition of mammal includes that they don't have scales or gills, so those wouldn't dry out and they would breathe more like a dolphin or whale than like a normal fish.
And the water bottle is more of an "in general" suggestion. Maiars need something that allows them to walk into a place void of water without them dying from dehydration or having to teleport away. Water bottles is just an easy solution, though maybe not a logical one. You are free to suggest any better ideas that would help this get accomplished.
http://wiki.massivecraft.com/Maiar

Actually, You're wrong, Maiar's are elementals.

Hence Rendering anyones fish arguments useless.
Then if you're correct, they'd be made up of even MORE water than a a fish. Which helps my argument. Also quoted from the wiki page, "the most rare race to be seen walking on land." @Laach They are built for underwater purposes, they aren't meant to walk on land for long.

@Shawn @beniscool765
"Scholars have argued for years on the nature of the Maiar – their origins, their history, and their livelihood. Having lived in seclusion under the vast depths of the ocean, it is believed that Maiar had their origins in the forming of the world as crude sea animals, and were simply adapted to survive in the high pressure environments of the deep ocean. Over time, they began expanding and migrating upwards, but still remained secluded, keeping to themselves and away from the going-ons above."
+
"most have settled down into freshwater sources"
  1. "Over time, they began expanding and migrating upwards" This suggests adaption to less water pressure filled environments
  2. "most have settled down into freshwater sources" also suggests adaption. Water pressure isn't the problem.
  3. Again, gravity currently doesn't exist in game. A large unsupported cave built under the ocean doesn't collapse, other races can dive to the bottom of the ocean and survive as long as they brought a pair of fence posts with them, and Maiars don't die the instant they get out of the water due to lack of water pressure.
  4. Massivecraft has stated multiple times that it encourages travel. Maiars may be the least common to spot on land, but it doesn't mean they use it a whole lot more than any normal animal would. If they really wanted us to stay in the water, they wouldn't have said in the lore that they migrated onto land. An article titled the Maiar Embassy closed, but it used to explain how one of the only reasons Maiar stay in the water was because it contained mounds of precious materials inside. But in game that statement is false, so precious materials must be searched for in places other than water.
  5. They're Bipedal. How many primarily bipedal animals live in water? As far as I know, the only animal I can think of is a bird, and they only go near water when it involves possible food.
  6. I would like to show you where the thread stating them as mammals is, but as quoted by MonMarty, "The thread in question is currently hidden due to an ongoing restructure"
  7. There are fish who can survive on both land and water, the thing is, they don't have any legs (so don't even think the word Bipedal) and they can survive for months outside of it. That's already longer than Maiars who are already shaped like the most dominant land animal on the planet.
You're arguing using scientifically flawed lore which can easily be changed to fit the needs of Maiars. What the heck is so wrong about giving them something that allows them to live on land?

Last edited:
@Shawn @beniscool765
"Scholars have argued for years on the nature of the Maiar – their origins, their history, and their livelihood. Having lived in seclusion under the vast depths of the ocean, it is believed that Maiar had their origins in the forming of the world as crude sea animals, and were simply adapted to survive in the high pressure environments of the deep ocean. Over time, they began expanding and migrating upwards, but still remained secluded, keeping to themselves and away from the going-ons above."
+
  1. "Over time, they began expanding and migrating upwards" This suggests adaption to less water pressure filled environments
  2. "most have settled down into freshwater sources" also suggests adaption. Water pressure isn't the problem.
  3. Again, gravity currently doesn't exist in game. A large unsupported cave built under the ocean doesn't collapse, other races can dive to the bottom of the ocean and survive as long as they brought a pair of fence posts with them, and Maiars don't die the instant they get out of the water due to lack of water pressure.
  4. Massivecraft has stated multiple times that it encourages travel. Maiars may be the least common to spot on land, but it doesn't mean they use it a whole lot more than any normal animal would. If they really wanted us to stay in the water, they wouldn't have said in the lore that they migrated onto land. An article titled the Maiar Embassy closed, but it used to explain how one of the only reasons Maiar stay in the water was because it contained mounds of precious materials inside. But in game that statement is false, so precious materials must be searched for in places other than water.
  5. They're Bipedal. How many primarily bipedal animals live in water? As far as I know, the only animal I can think of is a bird, and they only go near water when it involves possible food.
  6. I would like to show you where the thread stating them as mammals is, but as quoted by MonMarty, "The thread in question is currently hidden due to an ongoing restructure"
  7. There are fish who can survive on both land and water, the thing is, they don't have any legs (so don't even think the word Bipedal) and they can survive for months outside of it. That's already longer than Maiars who are already shaped like the most dominant land animal on the planet.
You're arguing using scientifically flawed lore which can easily be changed to fit the needs of Maiars. What the heck is so wrong about giving them something that allows them to live on land?
Over time they have been migrating up wards INTO FRESH WATER NOT LAND and plus the lore still states that their ment for water

@Shawn @beniscool765
+
And we're talking lore wise

Over time they have been migrating up wards INTO FRESH WATER NOT LAND and plus the lore still states that their ment for water
Yes, but fresh water has tremendously less water pressure than the ocean, which means water pressure wouldn't be a problem to their survival.
And lore wise, they should be able to travel on land with less difficulty than they have right now. The lore may say they are meant for the water, but it continues to contradict itself with bipedal legs and everything else you've probably seen me state. Even if everything that I've said so far was explained in some way and after all of this arguing nothing changed, Maiars would still be the race with one of the most unfair disadvantage on Massivecraft. That needs to change sooner or later.

Last edited:
I feel like Maiars would be cooked alive, if they were to be near lava. You can even feel lava, from a far distance. It's /THAT/ hot.

Yes, but fresh water has tremendously less water pressure than the ocean, which means water pressure wouldn't be a problem to their survival.
And lore wise, they should be able to travel on land with less difficulty than they have right now. The lore may say they are meant for the water, but it continues to contradict itself with bipedal legs and everything else you've probably seen me state. Even if everything that I've said so far was explained in some way and after all of this arguing nothing changed, Maiars would still be the race with one of the most unfair disadvantage on Massivecraft. That needs to change sooner or later.
Like what @Shuikenai said they're fish, They're not made to survive on land

Ya, I know they can only survive a little time on land but not like a whole entire week or something

I think I've said enough for people, or at least some of the staff, to understand the point I've been trying to make. If I have to change my race to do something that is otherwise impossible to me, while other races have no limits telling them that something is impossible, then something is flawed. If science says that it should be possible for the race, then all the more reason for something to be changed.

Here are the sources of the information I used in my arguments so that no one thinks I made any of this up.
(video showing what happens to organic material when it makes contact with lava)
http://www.experts123.com/q/do-any-sea-creatures-live-in-volcanoes.html
(Sea creatures that live directly on volcanoes.)
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=14597.0
(What actually happens to a fish outside of water + a fish that lives on both.)
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120703092056AAldhhr
("Other" bipedal animals.)

No one should be able to survive in the rift. But it is possible. I'm going to get back on track here and say that there shouldn't be water bottles that fill Maiar's hunger bars. It'd be used everywhere, people would go Maiar to have advantage in water and out of water. People need to know the risks of going Maiar before selecting it as a race.

I think I've said enough for people, or at least some of the staff, to understand the point I've been trying to make. If I have to change my race to do something that is otherwise impossible to me, while other races have no limits telling them that something is impossible, then something is flawed. If science says that it should be possible for the race, then all the more reason for something to be changed.

Here are the sources of the information I used in my arguments so that no one thinks I made any of this up.
(video showing what happens to organic material when it makes contact with lava)
http://www.experts123.com/q/do-any-sea-creatures-live-in-volcanoes.html
(Sea creatures that live directly on volcanoes.)
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=14597.0
(What actually happens to a fish outside of water + a fish that lives on both.)
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120703092056AAldhhr
("Other" bipedal animals.)
I completely agree all races won't usually be able to survive in the rift. Note the bag of organic material burns up a moment BEFORE it hits the lava. It's just the main idea of the thread; Maiars living on water bottles.

I understand that water bottles aren't a smart idea. But giving Maiars something that can help them at least survive in the Nether longer than 7 minutes isn't a bad idea. I was simply taking advantage of the situation to point that out.

I understand that water bottles aren't a smart idea. But giving Maiars something that can help them at least survive in the Nether longer than 7 minutes isn't a bad idea. I was simply taking advantage of the situation to point that out.
Look, if you really want to go in the Rift, being a Maiar isn't a smart idea. All you have to really do is buy nether materials or even just get another race to get it for you.

Look, if you really want to go in the Rift, being a Maiar isn't a smart idea. All you have to really do is buy nether materials or even just get another race to get it for you.
I'm poor and I currently have no friends.
I'm trying to make money using experience from a dark room that takes advantage of the Maiars ability to stay at full hunger while in water.
I'm trying to get out of my poor state, so no buying unless I know something is about to go up in price.
I want to go to the Nether to fight Blaze and collect other precious materials.
If I change my race, I won't be able to access my dark room or my chests for three whole days.
I have nowhere else to go, so I'd be stuck at regalia for three whole days that I could have spent in my dark room.

See the problem?

Last edited:
I'm trying to make money using experience from a dark room that takes advantage of the Maiars ability to stay at full hunger while in water.
I'm trying to get out of my poor state, so no buying unless I know something is about to go up in price.
I want to go to the Nether to fight Blaze and collect it's precious materials.
If I change my race, I won't be able to access my dark room or my chests for three whole days.
I have nowhere else to go, so I'd be stuck at regalia for three whole days that I could have spent in my dark room.

See the problem?
MassiveMobs spawns blazes near bedrock wherever it's enabled, I think.

Maiar portable water should become unnecessary in the near future as water breathing becomes a trait that will no longer be forced on Maiar universally. Additionally, the Rift is a temporary world to be replaced by Guldar, and as such the Nether mechanics will cease to work in the Nether environments on that map.

I want to go to the Nether to fight Blaze and collect other precious materials.

See the problem?
NOTHING is saying you HAVE to be a Maiar 24/7

Did you know the hand of a human has a unsuitable temperature that can damage fishes? so why wonder into the rift you cooked piece of fish sticks xD

(So many people against Maiars... ;-; )

.. What if a Maiar wanted to go to the Rift (OOCly, of course.)? They'd die every few minutes, and it kind of sort of wouldn't be fair... All the other races get to do whatever in the Rift, while the Maiars must stay out of it. That ain't really fair. (Just a lil' opinion of mine. Don't be yelling at me for it.)
Maybe instead of the bottle idea, you could make the starvation process a bit slower. Just an idea...

(So many people against Maiars... ;-; )

.. What if a Maiar wanted to go to the Rift (OOCly, of course.)? They'd die every few minutes, and it kind of sort of wouldn't be fair... All the other races get to do whatever in the Rift, while the Maiars must stay out of it. That ain't really fair. (Just a lil' opinion of mine. Don't be yelling at me for it.)
Maybe instead of the bottle idea, you could make the starvation process a bit slower. Just an idea...
Now that there are traits you can be similar to a maiar but still eat normal food and not take damage in lava and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.