Archived Maiar Areas In Regalia

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Greys_n

Burgher
Reaction score
So, I'm sure most remember the Maiar room that used to be in the rivers of Regalia. (As far as I can imagine) I'm sure staff had taken most of the Maiar rooms/tunnels away because their is an extremely low amount of Maiar, and it does take space for new builds and other luxuries.

I'm asking for staff to take this into consideration: To make Maiar rooms again, and to add more passages for the Maiar. Now I understand taking away other builds just for the Maiar would seems foolish to ask and would be turned down. Plus, their is so little Maiar in Regalia, builds for Maiar travel would be unnecessary. Finally, traits can change for Maiar, so that you don't start losing hunger as soon as you get out of the water, like the races used to be.

But, in an rp world (I'm talkin Regalia here), it is very necessary to have areas for Maiar to feed off water from, rather than using decorative fountains and areas like that for decoration. Not only, but It's also very annoying (to some) to be standing in an rp conversation while slowly losing hunger, or standing in an rp conversation while in a decorative fountain, which isn't very suitable to have an rp conversation in, and kinda ruins the amazing look of the fountain. While their are small holes outside of the tavern, and rivers below, it then wouldn't be as normal for the human, or another race to have a chat with in. I'm sure a place for other Maiar to communicate would be nice as well. Thank you for taking notice.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm sure V3 is going to have some sort of version of that, but even so Maiar can actually stay out of water for a good amount if they're the "common" kind. Predator need to be in water more.

That, and rp-wise those were canals which probably weren't the cleanest.
Now we have sewers, which are dirtier than canals since it has waste in it.
Any Maiar swimming in it is probably going to get sick.
Maiar are also seen as lesser beings, so I don't think Regalia would make special little waterways for Maiar. They always could though, but I wouldn't expect any change until V3 is out. (Which I hear is coming soon.)

You also can opt to not add the trait that makes you starve out of water. I know quite a few members who play Maiars and do not use that trait for this reason.

You also can opt to not add the trait that makes you starve out of water. I know quite a few members who play Maiars and do not use that trait for this reason.
True, but I'm not sure that would (as of rp) count as being Maiar, as they can't last very long periods without it.

I'm sure V3 is going to have some sort of version of that, but even so Maiar can actually stay out of water for a good amount if they're the "common" kind. Predator need to be in water more.

Maiar are also seen as lesser beings, so I don't think Regalia would make special little waterways for Maiar. They always could though, but I wouldn't expect any change until V3 is out. (Which I hear is coming soon.)
Not all of Regalia was built by humans and for humans. All manner of creepy-crawlies and slimy things have dug out a living in their own little corner of Regalia, unbeknownst to the Holy City's human inhabitants.

@Pylr Emberfang

I'm not sure if your aware but there currently is fairly vast sewer complex under the poor district, which I believe is what @LeafMC was referring to. And while it maybe slightly out of the way, I think, it would be a good place for Maiar RP.

True, but I'm not sure that would (as of rp) count as being Maiar, as they can't last very long periods without it.
Maiar can be out of water for at least 24 hours. Also traits don't transfer over to rp, having nightvision and playing a Human doesn't mean the Human has night vision, but rather for your own use OOC.
Not all of Regalia was built by humans and for humans. All manner of creepy-crawlies and slimy things have dug out a living in their own little corner of Regalia, unbeknownst to the Holy City's human inhabitants.
I'm aware. But.. The only places I could think of being "Maiar-accessible" would be the ocean surrounding Regalia, the park, the canals, and the sewers. The ocean is cold, the park is for the most part frozen, same with canals, and the sewers are probably colder and mixed in with waste. Wouldn't a Maiar get sick swimming in that? The canals would probably be cleaner.
The bath house may be a good RP place in the current version
This, is a really good idea. However, not everyone goes in there or is active like the Tavern.

@Pylr Emberfang

I'm not sure if your aware but there currently is fairly vast sewer complex under the poor district, which I believe is what @LeafMC was referring to. And while it maybe slightly out of the way, I think, it would be a good place for Maiar RP.
Same thing. Sewers would be pretty dirty for a Maiar, don't you think?

Some places in Regalia that the Maiar could go.
  • Sea food restaurant
  • Fishing pools
  • Cannon testing ranges
  • Fish bowls.

Let me just add a few more things to my character's weakness list.