Archived Lockpicking!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

PenPad

Nogrom GreyGold
Reaction score
LockPick Plugin and its uses THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR LWC

• Plugin I have seen on another server-Has ability to craft a lock and place in a chest and crafts a key with it, you then you blaze rods to pick locks and you have a lock picking skill.

• This could be added in for the instance of having a thief like quest line and/or allowing the general public to place these out for members to have stuff to do, for role playing within a faction, and to add to the more role-play esk side of raids.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think all wooden doors should work this way, because in a raid It's unrealistic to shut the door in a fully armoured knights face, and not have him kick it down, or brake through it with his axe like Johnny.
That has already been discused. http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/players-like-zombies-open-doors.17060/
I made a simple plugin that allowed you to break doors with an diamond axe, 1 out of 10 times. No matter your build rights. But just opening the door would be more interesting.

If you can lock pick then people would probably start hiding chests and stuff, then the people that fail to hide it can get there god stuff stolen. So I disagree with this sorry.

I think that this should work in Regalia and ONLY role play factions, my opinion.

I could lock your LWC protected chest. With this lock plugin. And then you couldn't get your diamonds. It could be used to troll. We don't want that to happen.
even if you could i could pick teh lock so "boeja!"
and it would be useles for you cos i locket it already whit LWC

If this goes through I'd finally be able to sell people access to my vaults.... xD

I think that it's a fantastic idea, because I practice deportive lockpicking IRL, and I think it's another way to make it more medieval. But if there was some kind of interface so you can REALLY try to lockpick the door, like in oblivion, it should be REALLY nice.

Imagine that you want to enter in some door, you try to lockpick a door, with easy lvl, so you can easily open it, but... If this lock haves HARD difficulty? It would be reallyhard to lockpick it, so there's no problem with the security. And if you want it to be unpickable, just lose 10 regals in LWC.

I'm supporting this idea, because it would be nice to some RP thief characters

1338591d1389221625-wruw-wed-thread_necromancy.jpg

If you make it so here is a 10 minute cool down on lock picks and make it a 50% chance of opening the door i think this would be awesome.