Archived Lockpicking!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

PenPad

Nogrom GreyGold
Reaction score
LockPick Plugin and its uses THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR LWC

• Plugin I have seen on another server-Has ability to craft a lock and place in a chest and crafts a key with it, you then you blaze rods to pick locks and you have a lock picking skill.

• This could be added in for the instance of having a thief like quest line and/or allowing the general public to place these out for members to have stuff to do, for role playing within a faction, and to add to the more role-play esk side of raids.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Gotta agree with @Shawn there, perhaps if you were to use it for doors only (would be nice to finally open a door in a raid rather than wait all day for an unrealistic raid).

I think it should only be used for doors, because then you could steal someone's hard worked items... I like it, though.
Well thats why I said keep the lock system we have now so you only use this if you wish to participate in doing so, so you can have people steal from you to add to the medieval roleplaying sense you don't have to put all your valuables or even valuables in the chests only what you want to put into it and then use the magical LWC to lock up what you don't want touched.
@togal300
@Shawn

Well thats why I said keep the lock system we have now so you only use this if you wish to participate in doing so, so you can have people steal from you to add to the medieval roleplaying sense you don't have to put all your valuables or even valuables in the chests only what you want to put into it and then use the magical LWC to lock up what you don't want touched.
@togal300
Nah, many more people would agree with the chest part. Though, it would work in raids, and in roleplay. I don't think many people would want that, or they'd just put dirt or some other useless item in the chest. I see no value in the chest part. Though, I do like the door part.

Nah, many more people would agree with the chest part. Though, it would work in raids, and in roleplay.
i agree the idea for a door picking would be cool but this plugin that i know of is a crafting base so it has to be placed inside the chest idk how it could be used on a door and like i said maybe just use it for a quest line and not in game

yes. but only for quest witch whould be cool. and also for door, and & factions.

There's a reason why we have LWC, so that we can keep doors private, not just secure. Would you want it to be that easy for faction members to get into an officer meeting room, or faction vault and pick all the locks?

There's a reason why we have LWC, so that we can keep doors private, not just secure. Would you want it to be that easy for faction members to get into an officer meeting room, or faction vault and pick all the locks?
Please read what i stated and i have in caps at the top i said IT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR LWC so we keep our lock system this is just if someone wants to use it for role-play eek stuff or even using it in just a quest line.

Please read what i stated and i have in caps at the top i said IT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR LWC so we keep our lock system this is just if someone wants to use it for role-play eek stuff or even using it in just a quest line.
I didn't say it would replace it, it's just that this could be heavily abused if added.

I didn't say it would replace it, it's just that this could be heavily abused if added.
How? It would only be used by people who want to use it so your valuables will still be locked with your private LWC and same with doors it would only be added to the ones that you wanted

How? It would only be used by people who want to use it so your valuables will still be locked with your private LWC and same with doors it would only be added to the ones that you wanted
Unless you're referring to a different protection that can be lockpicked, people can rampage about lockpicking all the chests around them that normally they couldn't get to.

Unless you're referring to a different protection that can be lockpicked, people can rampage about lockpicking all the chests around them that normally they couldn't get to.
He is trying to say, if you want your chest to be lock picked, you can make the chest like that. If people put those kinds of locks on their chests, why would anyone care if someone ran around lock picking them?

He is trying to say, if you want your chest to be lock picked, you can make the chest like that. If people put those kinds of locks on their chests, why would anyone care if someone ran around lock picking them?
exactly thank you it would be a secondary system not added to lwc it is its own separate thing

Mm. I didn't see the thing about controlling what chests could be lockpicked. I was assuming that people could straight-on lockpick chests. Sorry about that, I don't always see things >.>

The only instance i can see this additional lock system being used if that it was charged the fee of 10r to lock something hence cheaper. This way if you really want items to be protected cough up the fee for LWC (what a sick rapper i'd make) or you use the free option and risk your items being stolen.

Just my thoughts.

Writing a plugin like this for MassiveCraft would require integration with both LWC, chestshops, and Factions. This would make it a fairly complex plugin. I don't see spending time on this plugin as the best use of my time at this point. I would rather write Faction integration for LWC, and even that will be a long time down the road.

Writing a plugin like this for MassiveCraft would require integration with both LWC, chestshops, and Factions. This would make it a fairly complex plugin. I don't see spending time on this plugin as the best use of my time at this point. I would rather write Faction integration for LWC, and even that will be a long time down the road.
No no no there is already a plugin made like this and its not meant to mess with the LWC it is for just adding to a normal chest make sense?

The admins want simplistic coding.
The people want improved raid and roleplay without the temptation of stealing.
and OP of the thread wants better quests.
This seems like an all or nothing situation. Either everyone is satisfied, or no lockpick plugin at all.
Any ideas as to how we can make this work?

Sounds good but even though its an already existing plugin, I suspect that it wouldn't necessarily work with all the existing MassiveCraft plugins...

Perhaps the one with locks will cost no money and the LWC will cost a sum of money, think about it. your paying money for high quality locks/seals.

The admins want simplistic coding.
The people want improved raid and roleplay without the temptation of stealing.
and OP of the thread wants better quests.
This seems like an all or nothing situation. Either everyone is satisfied, or no lockpick plugin at all.
Any ideas as to how we can make this work?
not sure but like i said we could just implement this for a quest like and nothing else

No no no there is already a plugin made like this and its not meant to mess with the LWC it is for just adding to a normal chest make sense?

Any plugin that interacts with entities such as chests and doors needs to be integrated with LWC, Chestshops and Factions. Also if it was just a stand alone. Who would use it over LWC?

LockPick Plugin and its uses THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR LWC

• Plugin I have seen on another server-Has ability to craft a lock and place in a chest and crafts a key with it, you then you blaze rods to pick locks and you have a lock picking skill.

• This could be added in for the instance of having a thief like quest line and/or allowing the general public to place these out for members to have stuff to do, for role playing within a faction, and to add to the more role-play esk side of raids.
Its a9/10 idea i would love to see it I massive craft.

I would like this idea too. However as he doe stated.
  • Factions integration. You should not be able to do it in another persons faction
  • LWC integration. You should not be able to do it on already locked stuff
  • ChestShop integrations. I think you understand me already.
Best regards Madus

I would like this idea too. However as he doe stated.
  • Factions integration. You should not be able to do it in another persons faction
  • LWC integration. You should not be able to do it on already locked stuff
  • ChestShop integrations. I think you understand me already.
Best regards Madus
why put the lock if you already locket it with LWC? i understand what sigil tries to say here but i lack words to explain myself

Any plugin that interacts with entities such as chests and doors needs to be integrated with LWC, Chestshops and Factions. Also if it was just a stand alone. Who would use it over LWC?
I can't really give any better way of saying than I already have because its not meant for anything other that to add to the role-play sense really but instead of just roleplaying it has a in game use to make it more dynamic why would it need to effect LWC LWC as someone else stated u have to pay for your locks this could be use for free or even as I've stated before since people have and issues with the application of using this in game. It could simply be used for a quest line.

I can't really give any better way of saying than I already have because its not meant for anything other that to add to the role-play sense really but instead of just roleplaying it has a in game use to make it more dynamic why would it need to effect LWC LWC as someone else stated u have to pay for your locks this could be use for free or even as I've stated before since people have and issues with the application of using this in game. It could simply be used for a quest line.
There could also be some locked chests hidden in several quests though not just in one quest line :)

I think all wooden doors should work this way, because in a raid It's unrealistic to shut the door in a fully armoured knights face, and not have him kick it down, or brake through it with his axe like Johnny.

I also think all doors in Regalia should be lock-pickable because it would be awesome for thieves and assassins to be able to get into your home.

Perhaps you would need a higher lockpick skill to lockpick iron doors?