Archived Local /glow Toggle

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay! I am getting annoyed a bit with glow. I agree its a really cool thing and it sure gives the swag it promises but for some of us with not the newest computer... I get a black screen. No i dont have optifine or any other mods. Im running pure vanilla 1.9 so its not anything external. I've tried all the tricks and they dont work.

I am requesting a way so i dont see /glow. A personal toggle.

@Madus @ulumulu1510

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Seems like a fair request. If you donated to be seen, you should also have the opposite be possible. So you should be able to choose not to see other glowing premiums.

maybe like a /glow others
and then a /glow me

It doesnt need to be premium to have the toggle. But yes. Other people can glow how they want. I can choose to see it.

The glowing effect is (minecraft) internally a PotionEffect, just like Strenght, Night vision or Invisibility. It applies to you and is not toggleable like you imagined it to be.

If you are glowing, everyone sees you glowing. Unless we are able to do very nasty Packet magic (which I am not even sure about) your suggestion is not possible to implement.

However, if this is indeed a (mojang) client side problem, we have to take some action at least. Make a report at Mojangs issue tracker, otherwise they are not aware of the issue. Then we have to figure out when exactly this happens.

Because so far, I didn't experience any issues like you describe them. Please make sure you re-download the newest version of minecraft from the launcher and see if that helps.

I also "request" to know if anyone else is affected by this.

The glowing effect is (minecraft) internally a PotionEffect, just like Strenght, Night vision or Invisibility. It applies to you and is not toggleable like you imagined it to be.

If you are glowing, everyone sees you glowing. Unless we are able to do very nasty Packet magic (which I am not even sure about) your suggestion is not possible to implement.

However, if this is indeed a (mojang) client side problem, we have to take some action at least. Make a report at Mojangs issue tracker, otherwise they are not aware of the issue. Then we have to figure out when exactly this happens.

Because so far, I didn't experience any issues like you describe them. Please make sure you re-download the newest version of minecraft from the launcher and see if that helps.

I also "request" to know if anyone else is affected by this.

I haven't been affected by this personally, but I have seen quite a lot shouts in the help chat regarding this problem. If I could remember their names I would tag them here... In any case I can say for sure that @znake1468 is not the only one experiencing it.

I haven't been affected by this personally, but I have seen quite a lot shouts in the help chat regarding this problem. If I could remember their names I would tag them here... In any case I can say for sure that @znake1468 is not the only one experiencing it.
I know most people are experiencing it with optifine. But I'm experiencing it with pure vanilla 1.9

Rejecting this suggestion based on Ulumulu's response.

If you are having issues with the /glow black screen, feel free to open up discussion for help in the Help Section of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.