Archived Live Chat Based Voting Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spectec

Forgotten Relic
Reaction score
Website
www.stc123.com
Faction
Magnanimus
I think a chat based voting plugin would be a good idea to help communicate between staff and players.

An example of this would be that a question pops up in chat for each player that would look like this:

Hello [player], [question].
Type [command] then number of your answer.
1. Answer 1
2. Answer 2
3. Answer 3
4.Answer 4
5. Answer 5

For instance, you could ask what a player is doing at a certain point in time. The results of that poll could give you useful information.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm seems a bit pushy, you can already guess if a person is a PVPer or an RPer. I can see its uses but it can be inaccurate when people don't answer.

I think a chat based voting plugin would be a good idea to help communicate between staff and players.

An example of this would be that a question pops up in chat for each player that would look like this:

Hello [player], [question].
Type [command] then number of your answer.
1. Answer 1
2. Answer 2
3. Answer 3
4.Answer 4
5. Answer 5

For instance, you could ask what a player is doing at a certain point in time. The results of that poll could give you useful information.
-Enters wrong answer-
"The Ban Hammer has spoken!"

I dont think Cay should spend his little time making not-so-important plugins and features. I mean, there are still lots of things that the server needs pretty badly, a lot of promises from months and months ago ( bloodlust ) that still havent been completed. But thats just my opinion.

I dont think Cay should spend his little time making not-so-important plugins and features. I mean, there are still lots of things that the server needs pretty badly, a lot of promises from months and months ago ( bloodlust ) that still havent been completed. But thats just my opinion.

I believe it was stated that bloodlust would not be re added. But don't quote me on that. Also note that this subforum is for suggestions.. However small.

It could be used for a public vote every time the admins are unable to come to an agreement on certain suggestions, also it could be open for a short amount of time. Also a way of making active people not answer is by making it come up when they teleport or login and then it could be gone and outta there face. Just my input. And the tedious codn could be avoided by taking from the map voting plugin used on games such as HG and modify it.

It could be used for a public vote every time the admins are unable to come to an agreement on certain suggestions, also it could be open for a short amount of time. Also a way of making active people not answer is by making it come up when they teleport or login and then it could be gone and outta there face. Just my input. And the tedious codn could be avoided by taking from the map voting plugin used on games such as HG and modify it.

I believe it was stated that bloodlust would not be re added. But don't quote me on that. Also note that this subforum is for suggestions.. However small.
This is false, well, at least last time I heard MonMarty was discussing on how to rebalance and re-add Bloodlust back in, with Cay.

Status
Not open for further replies.