Letter To The Public

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by IceResistance, Dec 17, 2021.

1. IceResistance

IceResistance Some Citizen

A letter was published by the ex-vassal to House Castley, Thaddeus von Leitner.

To the honorable members of the peerage and the general Regalian citizenry, having been the short-lived Vassal Baron of Lutton-upon-Bridgehead to House Castley, I feel obliged to issue my remarks and an apology.

Not even two weeks time from this date, I was summoned to an estate by courier to which I would find one Theopold Castley awaiting my arrival. Amid many allegations against the House, and an assembly which left Castley in poor favor, he had sought me out. In what faith, I did not know, yet it has now become embarrassingly apparent he only wished to use me as a pawn and a puppet to which he manipulated the strings. I believed my intent to be of good value. The competence of Theopold Castley was largely under question by the public, and as made evident in the lower house, many had seen him as incapacitated to both act as an extension of the Imperial arm and to provide for his subjects. Presently being situated in a Ministry that confirms government efficacy, and with the current allegations in mind, I saw this as an opportunity to ensure that the subjects of Castley and the citizens of Lutton-upon-Bridgehead were receiving the amenities as laid out by the apparent social contract between the nobility and the common man.

My mistake was underestimating how deceitful and manipulative Theopold Castley is. I am now forever remorseful and with regret that I would have allowed him to do as such and have an effect on me. I praise the decision of the court and am content that the truth has been established, and that I would be free from his influence. I thank all those who spent their time in bringing this case to light, and for restoring the Regalian citizenry's faith in justice.

May the Everwatcher bless the ex-subjects of Castley who have long been deprived, as well as Valorie who truly possesses a good heart. We may all be at ease with the knowledge that the Duchy of Oxenford and all adjacent lands Castley held now exist under proper management and are free of their misdeeds.​
    Sincerely,
    Thaddeus von Leitner​

• Like Like x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    #1 IceResistance, Dec 17, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2021