Let’s Talk About H E R E Sy

InDogsWeTrust

sleeping bees
Reaction score
Faction
Eldin
BEFORE YOU ALL JUMP DOWN MY THROAT ABOUT THIS THREAD NEEDING TO BE IN LORE Q&A... Please read.

The OOC Clarification Question:
What's all this about heresy and enforcing unionism tho????

Because last I checked, p much every religion except Void Worship is protected???

So, how can we being enforcing the heresy thing.

Questions for players of IC guards:

Is it an IC choice to ignore the protected religion thing?

How do you (or your character) interpret the protected religion?

Also, seriously, heresy is a crime? IDK MAN.

tags:

@Magivore @Svyatogorye @allthehightowers @allthecrimsons

BEFORE YOU ALL JUMP DOWN MY THROAT ABOUT THIS THREAD NEEDING TO BE IN LORE Q&A... Please read.

Because last I checked, p much every religion except Void Worship is protected???

tags:

WELL, my good friend, I suggest you take a look at the newly and recently edited Regalian Law page on the wiki. It was only recently changed, though, so don't worry about not knowing beforehand. <3

tags:

Your religion might be tolerated, but in all reality, it really isn't. Sure, you can worship it in silence, but if you mention it to religious figures, or dare to scorn Unionism on the basis that your religion is true, you are labeled for 'heresy.' Heresy also has a very vague, very wide definition on purpose in this case: someone saying "Estel bless you" after a sneeze could have a guard talk up a storm with you in response because your religion is allowed, but it isn't allowed to be "crammed down the throat of every happy Unionist that exists in this world." It's up to the choice of your guard. If I were running around as my Dwarf, people who worship Unionism and the Dwarvish Dogma are going to be given quite a bit of leeway. Orcish beliefs will be tolerated, but frowned upon. Any other beliefs and my Dwarf will be looking for ways to convict you of any sort of crime so he can get you out of his face. With the sudden rush of zealotry as per the recent progression, it shouldn't be a surprise that radical Unionists will now be trying to torture people about their beliefs so that they can establish a stronger power-base than what they already have.

Tolerance of other religions is enforced, but that doesn't give a green light to start professing that you are another faith.

It's proper to simply say "I am not a Unionist" and leave it at that. Giving a reason why could be interpreted as publicly expressing a heretical faith, which is illegal. In the end, it all depends on whether an inquisitor suspects foul play or not.

Respect the authority and the authority will respect you. Disrespect authority and shirk around the law, and nobody is gonna save you.

Your religion might be tolerated, but in all reality, it really isn't.......
Essentially all of this. As for "Idk man" about heresy being against the law; such practices were commonplace in history during times of theological rule. The recent progression posts, have essentially enacted just that, bolstering theological claim on Regalian law and society. The State religion afterall, which is engraved in the cultural norm for good Regalian citizens, is Unionism. Think what you want but its the biproduct of pretty much the entire situation of the Empire.

Everyone has pretty much echoed what was needed to say on the matter.

Again, thanks to everyone who replied here (and so promptly)!! If the original post seemed hostile it's only because I had vegan food for dinner and plants make me angry.

It really depends on the guard.

My Hightower character secretley worships the Sun, and a majority of his family worships the Godess Bashkarr. His wife is pretty much a heretic as well. Because of these reasons it is unlikley for him to enforce the religous laws of Regalia, unless it's void-worship or if he was given an order.