Kymil Adhana, The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Luciferos12, Oct 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

"For a transitory enchanted moment, man must have held his breath… compelled into an aesthetic contemplation he neither understood nor desired, face to face for the last time in history with something commensurate to his capacity for wonder.”

Basic Information
    • Full Name | Kymil Adhana
      • Nickname | Kymi
    • Race | Half-Asha, Half-Maquixtl (Avantl) - Asha-dominant
    • Age | 25
    • Sex | Male
    • Gender | Male (he/him)
    • Sexuality | Bisexual
    • Eye Color | Bright Blue
    Core Concept

• Kymil's vision of religion is proof-based: he believes in what makes itself known, rejecting the possibility of that which doesn't. As such he believes that such things as Estel and the Dragons exist, even if he doesn't actively worship them.
    • Kymil is a scholar who views Magic and Alchemy as schools of science, delving into the mysteries and striving for further breakthroughs in how they can connect them to other things (such as through Volacrum).

Proficiency Information

14/14 points spent!
    • 0 STR
    • 0 CON
    • 1 INT
      • Shapeshift Pack (magical)
      • (Free - Racial) Tech Resist
      • (Free - Racial) Tech Auto
    • 6 WIS
      • Technique Parry Pack
      • Chem Bolts Pack
      • Chem Mend Pack
      • Chem Cleanse Pack
      • Chem Revive Pack
      • Chem Bang Pack
    • 0 DEX
    • 0 FAI
    • 7 MAG
      • Wardrobe Pack (magical)
      • Magic Distort Pack
      • Magic Smog Pack
      • Magic Curse Pack
      • Magic Warp
      • Magic Counter
      • Magic Shove
    Ability Information
    • All of the Packs? I guess? I'm not sure if I put them here, but he's not Afflicted or anything.
    Languages
    • Skodje (Native)
    • Common (Free)
    Appearance Information
    • Kymil has no mutations in his true form.
    • Kymil is 5'10" in both of his forms, with Slim body shape and an Average body fat. His usual outfit consists of some form of fur coat (wolf pelt in his true form, wool in his ovine form), and his hair is a dark brown chin-length mess. In his true form, he has a pair of husky ears on the sides of his skull, which are more hidden in his ovine form.
    • Through Shapeshift, Kymil can take on the form of an ovine being: he bears the following pseudo-mutations:
      -A set of two caprine horns upon the sides of his brow.
      -White fur in some places on his body, including ears: making them resemble those of a sheep.
      -A set of caprine hooves replacing his feet (and shoes-).
      This is the form he usually takes.
    Life Story
    • Kymil Adhana was born to Rhangyl Adhana, a runaway Avantl Maquixtl who disliked the Bonded Pair system, and Nubait Attia, an Asha who found herself in Nordskag for business. The two met at a park one chilly day, and after a huddle for warmth and a long conversation found their hearts warmed in addition to their bodies. One thing led to another, and time brought them into a loving bond. Kymil’s birth wasn’t long after, and so his life began on a very happy note.
    • Growing up was quite an experience for him, especially in a place as varied and beautiful as Nordskag. It was at the age of around 5 that Kymil met a kindred soul, one that would stick with him for the rest of his life - Ulvhilda Skeggjoldsdottir. Both were Feka, and they also both had curious minds. It was only natural that the two of them would get up to numerous antics as children, teenagers, and young adults. He would constantly be dragged into spars with her, too. She learned the Wolf School, and her persistence and excitement paid off: Kymil learned a variety of weapon techniques that would last him a lifetime.
    • Even so (and despite his parents' insistence), he maintained a certain fascination with Alchemy, Magic, and the common paths between them. This led him to the science of finding and refining crystals using Alchemy, which he could then use to channel Magic - specifically the lightning magic of which he was so fond. He didn't stop there, though, resolving to find ways to improvise, invent, and inspire those around him in the same sorts of fascinations. This would lead to a powerful drive to create.
    • In any case, however, it was wanderlust that possessed both Kymil and his good friend. As they grew, the town felt too small for them. It was for that reason that Ulvhilda left the village - dragging Kymil with her. They traveled down to Regalia, the city that they believed held the most adventures and shenanigans for them both. Kymil was hesitant at first, but fell in love with the place at first sight. Since then, it was hard to convince him to leave and travel anywhere. Except to visit home, of course.
    -(0) The Fool:
    -(I) The Magician: Kymil Adhana - Me! "Sometimes they say the most important person to know is yourself."
    -(II) The High Priestess: Citra - Anti-Grass Proponent "It's great to work with another in the great craft of alchemy."
    -(III) The Empress: Tamsin Ilve - Best Friend/Duel Partner "Sticking together's a great thing to do!"
    -(IV) The Emperor: Jarl Godrun - Cool Noble Guy "A dragon??? You've slain a dragon?????"
    -(V) The Hierophant:
    -(VI) The Lovers:
    -(VII) The Chariot: Ulvhilda Skeggjoldsdottir - Adoptive Sister "No idea what or where I'd be without ya."
    -(VIII) Justice:
    -(IX) The Hermit:
    -(X) Wheel of Fortune:
    -(XI) Strength:
    -(XII) The Hanged Man:
    -(XIII) Death:
    -(XIV) Temperance:
    -(XV) The Devil:
    -(XVI) The Tower: Briar Sylphryalhn - Fellow Essence Enthusiast "Something about learning from mistakes? No mirrors."
    -(XVII) The Star:
    -(XVIII) The Moon:
    -(XIX) The Sun:
    -(XX) Judgement:
    -(XXI) The World:

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    #1 Luciferos12, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  2. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Claimed for review.

3. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

Alllrightyo!

4. Acosmism

Basic Information
    • This is fine.
    Skill Information
    • You’ve not listed your point investment for engineering at all.
    • You have engineering, alchemy, and sorcery, which is quite a lot of categories for one person to achieve. I would like to see at least one of these removed; as of right now you have an “engineer alchemist sorcerer.”
    Visual Information
    • This is fine.
    Personality
    • This is fine.
    Life Story
    • You do not justify your proficiencies at all in your backstory. I would like to know how they got sorcery, alchemy, and engineering, as well as combat, considering that’s a lot of categories for one person to have, a jack of all trades if you will.
    Mark your changes in GREEN and tag me when you are done. @ColinRedstone

5. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

Hello @Acosmism ! I've done my best to explain his combat, alchemy, and sorcery, but I did have a question with the Engineering. It isn't really a part of his character, but at the same time his Asha Racial Abilities give him it because of Magic Over Metal. I was wondering if I could opt to remove it from his abilities, since it doesn't contribute at all to his backstory nor his niche.

6. Acosmism

You can just not use them. Regardless, approved.

7. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

Okay! Thank you, and have a great day!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

If you’re reading this Acosmism, don’t worry about the changes! I’m just preparing it on my phone for now so I can update it to the new format using my laptop later.

9. Luciferos12

Luciferos12

Submitting for re-review now, and the above no longer applies! It's been ages since I've done this, so I can't remember if I'm supposed to tag you or not but @Acosmism -

10. Acosmism

Re-approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1