Karisu Sire

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by MidnightRey, Aug 29, 2020.

1. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

• Basic Information
      • Full Name: Karisu Sire
        • Nicknames: Kari
        • Aliases: Mors
        • Visual Age: 18-19
        • Birthday: 252 AC, August, 23rd
        • Zodiac Sign: Virgo
        • Sexuality: Bisexual
      • Race: Kathar
        • Subspecies: Saivalathar/Zolathar Halfling
        • Affliction: Zikiel Blood-Line (Infected)
      • Preferred Weapon:
        • Magic

• Skill Information
    • Total Points: =70 (45 spending points +5 Birth Points +10 Hobby Points +10 Talent Points)
      • Sorcery Proficiency
        • +20 (+20 Spending Points)
      • Criminal Proficiency
        • +10 Stealth Rogue (+10 Talent Points)
      • Art Proficiency
        • +10 Drawing Arts (+10 Hobby Points)
      • Musical Proficiency
        • +10 Vocal Singing (+10 Zikiel Boost)
      • Science Proficiency
        • +15 Alchemy Science (+10 Spending Points +5 Kathar Boost)
        • +10 Medical Sceince (+8 Spending Points +2 Birth Points)
        • +3 Linguistics Science (+3 birth Points)
      • Arcanology Proficiency
        • +3 (+3 Spending Points)
        • Artifact Knowledge

• Body Shape
      • Physical stat (Body capped at 5 cause vampirism)
      • Body Shape:
        • Slim
      • Body Fat:
        • Low

• Languages
      • Common
        • Free Language
        • Learned later in life 10/10
      • Parent Language
        • Kathar Elvish
        • Learned in School 10/10
      • Linguistic Language
        • Sulvaley Elven
        • Learned from a friend 8/10

• Special Traits/Spells/Mutations
      • Kathar Racial Abilities
        • Dread Rebirth
        • Dread Binding
        • Dread Tampering
        • Dread Linking
        • Dread Pact
      • Saivalathar Main Ability
        • Secret Masks
      • Zolathar Secondary Ability
        • Lordly Change
      • Zikiel Vampire Line -Active-
        • Blood Collaring
        • Immortal Aging
        • Lore of Old
        • Lore of the Gods
        • Lich Feeding
        • Lich Body
        • Lich Power
        • Lich Form
        • Lich Mastery
        • Lich Windward
        • Lich Spiderweb
        • Lich Frostwall
        • Lich Horrorwall
        • Lich Deathstorm
        • Lich Reachwall
        • Lich Faithwall
        • Lich Wordwill
      • Sorcery
        • Aesthetic Abilities
          • Element Control VI
          • Element Control VII
    • Ritualist Mutations
    • (Pagan Category)
    • Pagan Book
    • Pagan Touch
    • Pagan Horn
    • (Exist Category)
    • Exist Purify
    • Exist Bite
    • Exist Touch
    • Exist Light
    • Exist Glow

• Visual Information
      • Eye Color:
        • Original: Ice blue with white eye whites
        • Infected: Shining ice blue with grey eye whites
      • Hair Color:
        • Snow White
      • Hair Style:
        • Short
      • Skin Color:
        • Original: Light Gray
        • Infected: Pale White
      • Clothing:
      • Height:
        • 6'6
    • [*]When in Lich form, Karisus bones are very dark, almost as if they had been burnt from their original normal white color. And he grows red blood shed colored claws that are only for mere looks. Out his chest glows a bright blue light that goes up into his eyes. Like the picture below.
      • 2180129ea6be0bf1e21f0fad671ea2f1.jpg
      • Skin:
      • screenshot-1600877342608.png
    • The Core List
      • Character Alignment
        • Chaotic Neutral
      • Character Personality Type
        • Logistician
        • Karisu is smart in the use of magic, and often always has a plan for what to do.
      • Character Religion
        • [*]He believes in the power of Atusau, the Goddess of Nightmares and Night. To his family, Asusau is the controller of the stars, moon, and darkness. Its believed that all souls return to the sky to make up the million of Stars put there by Asusau at night. therefore not being a strictly Kathar Religion, but all are welcome with open arms by Atusau. Atusau also is a knowledge seeker and power seeker, being the embodiment of chaos and nightmares in the world. Vampires believe that she provides the darkness and coverage which protects them during their hunts and in the dead of night. And one night she will return to avenge them all against the ones who have suppressed them for centuries. Plunging the world into a world of night, with her worshippers and sanguine following her into battle to end the Primals, Unionists, and Exist beings, letting the Void being the only ones left standing. When feeling her wrath, followers have been said to feel the coursing piercing cruelest and coldest blizzard. Being described as a beautiful tall woman with eyes pitch black with starry icy flakes, pitch black hair that flows with starry flickers which radiant with Void energy, ghostly light blue crystalized starry wings on her back. And skin that appears like pitch black crystal. To even the extension that rumors of her have been said that ground she has walked across had become pure crystal.
          [*] Goddess of Nightmares Song
      • Tattoos from his Pagan Book mutation
      • When Karisu is feeling emotions, either strong or light. Sometimes his tattoos will glow without him even seizing to realize it. Often giving away his emotions and showing anyone who understood what any of the colors meant what he was really feeling.
      • The stronger the emotions the stronger the tattoos will glow.
      • Lich Form (Only applies to the eyes)
      • When in Lich Form, and when his eyes are not their normal ice blue color. They will also glow according to his emotions.
        • Color Chart!
          • Black: Furious
          • Dark Red: Hateful
          • Red: Angry
          • Orange: Irritated/Frustrated
          • Pale Orange: Indignant/Disgusted
          • Gold: Amazed
          • Yellow: Relieved
          • Pale Yellow: Amused
          • Pale Green: Panicked/Alarmed
          • Green: Nervous/Stressed/Paranoid
          • Dark Green: Terrified
          • Emerald: Displeased/Annoyed
          • Mint Green: Calm
          • Pale Blue: Worried
          • Sky Blue: Curious
          • Cobalt Blue: Respectful
          • Dark Blue: Gratitude
          • Indigo: Proud/Prideful
          • Dark Purple: Guilty
          • Orange Purple: Confused/Puzzled
          • Lavender: Delighted/Excited
          • Pink: Hopeful
          • Very Pale Red: Embarrassed
          • White: Meaning is either in pain, shock, or is sick
          • Dark Gray: Satisfied
          • Blue Gray: Sorrowful/Sad
          • Silver: Ashamed
          • Pale Silver: Enjoyment/Entertained
      • Scratching
        • When heavily nervous or upset, Karisu will often scratch himself with his own claws until they bleed. Often not realizing till after a bit had been drawn.
    • Life Story
      • Kid Years (Age 6-13)
        • When Karisu was born to Egnatius and Lulia Sire as a Saivale Kathar on 252 AC.. Growing up his mother taught him how to write, speak, and understand common and Kathar Elvish.
        • As Karisu was an only child, he spent most of his days on a boat with his mother and her crew. Traveling from land and often as a result having his birth father lacking in his life. Though there were a few members of the Ship of saw as father figures who treated him like their own. Teaching him the way of sailing and drawing arts. The rest of the crew taught him songs, including how to sing. Along knowledge they already learned over the decades. And how to use alchemy from his mother, who was Zolathar.

• Teen years and beyond (14-24)
        • As he became older, while spending some years with his birth father he had taught him the usage of more magic. As well teaching about different things, such as about Wards, and different kinds of magic.
        • Growing up Karisu decided he wanted to learn some better form of trapping his enemies while he was not yet atoned with the gift. Therefore learning how to use Bolas in the meantime. Most of his reasons behind learning his skills in alchemy and mastering his ways in magic are for his family to see him as worthy and powerful.
        • When he got his Sire, much like his mother before him and the other Kathar Sailors on the ship. He took up the Sire of Secrets as a way to feel closer to the Nightmare Goddess. To seek out Knowledge and Power as she did. Becoming very closely aligned and with the mentorship of the others he learned to fully control his new powers and learned Ritualism.
        • When he became 18 his birth father finally bestowed on him what he calls the gift of Vampirism. Which where he reached his height of connection to the Goddess, after feeding his first meal. Everything made sense. He began to go on hunts and learning the ways of stealth. Which he was naturally good at, which was praised by his comrades. For the more stealthy you were, the less of chances that unnecessary blood spill will happen.

• Adult/Further Vampire Years (25-36)
        • Soon after he moved away from home and his parents. Going out to begin seeking the answers of the many mysteries in the world. Using his own ship to get around the world.
        • Kari made friends with an Isldar named Dam. Who taught him the language of Sulvaley Elven. And the Pagan Mutation, Pagan Book. And some others bestowed on him a lot of Exist Mutations to help him enhance his appearance and looks.

• Older Life (37-49)
        • Learned to use his hands to steal items from people.
        • As he kept traveling he began to make his own crew.

• To The City (50-current years)
        • After over decades of traveling with his crew, he gave up the rings to someone else while he finally decided to begin heading out towards Regalia. Mostly in search of more libraries he can break into and also because many of his family members also live there.

Attached Files:

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 MidnightRey, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

claimed for review

3. FireFan96

@midnight_moon123 here is my review:
    • Given the nature of Shadowbroods, I will need the exact date (including year, even if it is this year) in order to properly assess this application.
    • Please either remove sexuality (as it is optional) or replace it with a recognizable type.
    • Under total points, Karisu will have 56 + 5= 61 points, and 10 Hobby Points. There is a second 4 hobby points added in the calculation. Please correct this.
    • Also specify which proficiency is Hobby points in the app. While I know it is Theatre Arts, please make that distinction.
    • There should be 1 extra point to add to use in points.
    • Saivale Kathar cannot have 25 Burgling Rogue Skill. Please either change to a different subrace that can, or remove 5 points and add them elsewhere.
    • Remove the Free Zikiel Spell, as by purchasing Sorcery, this is not granted.
    • Vampirism overrides the Shadowbrood eyes, so please change them to icy blue eyes with gray sclera.
    • Shadowbroods cannot self-infect the Zikiel Bloodline. They will have to be infected by a vampire. Please change this in the lift story.
    • For the rest of the life story, I would suggest avoiding the naming of exact proficiency skills, as in the future these skills very well could be removed from the wiki. Burgling Rogue skill, for example, could simply be changed to "burgling." The same with spell names.
    When you have made these changes, please tag me.

4. MidnightRey

Wait, just a quick question for the points one. I was under the impression that the hobby points could not overide the 60 limit?

5. FireFan96

hobby points do not factor into the cap. They just exist separate from the other points.

6. MidnightRey

Also as in Year, you mean like IC wise? Like putting in his year of birth? What is the current year IG?

#6 MidnightRey, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  7. FireFan96

Yes, the year of birth. It is 308 AC

8. MidnightRey

@FireFan96 All edits have been made!
    Also add the tag back if u can,,

#8 MidnightRey, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  9. FireFan96

Part II:
    • change 58 spending points to 56. The point allocation is correct, but just that typo needs to be fixed
    Beyond this one typo, everything is fine, so this app is approved @midnight_moon123

I will however note that I calculated 13 non-aesthetic abilities on this character, which just meets the maximum threshold based on the new rules. Ensure that you are not going overboard in crp with the spells, or I may have to request a few spells are dropped if complaints arise.

10. MidnightRey

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. MidnightRey

@FireFan96
    I gave Karisu a Vampire form, and I added something onto his quirks. Gave him some new Mutations, some Ritualism. along with some changing his combat skill from blades to Bolas. Thank you!

#11 MidnightRey, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  12. FireFan96

@midnight_moon123 a few things to bring up:
    • In total, you can have the following spread:
      • 2 Sorcery Abilities
      • 2 Sorcery Aesthetics
      • 2 Ritualism Abilities
      • 2Ritualism Aesthetics
    • The inclusion of Ritualism activates its ruleset of "the character may only have a maximum of 2 Ritualism and 2 Sorcery Abilities (plus associated Aesthetic Abilities)"
    • In terms of points spent, all of the sorcery is free, but you will need to spend 3 points on Ritualism. You can add another Ritualism ability/aesthetic for another 3 points, but no more sorcery.
    • Everything else seems to check out, so tag me once you make the cuts to sorcery to fit these stipulations.

13. MidnightRey

I thought Zikiels could go up to five though? So four Sorcery spells and One Ritualist Ability was possible?

14. MidnightRey

I decided to just go with pure Sorcery. No more Ritualism.

#14 MidnightRey, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  15. MidnightRey

16. FireFan96

I'll be reviewing this today as I have a day off work

17. MidnightRey

Anything new? It would be epic if I could get it accepted before the event Fire.
    (Plz accept it)

18. FireFan96

My review @midnight_moon123 :
    • We've seen instances where you have been using Stay Put/Can't Hold Me Down in short succession with Lich Frostwall. As I mentioned before, the character is already fairly stacked with abilities, so due to this complaint delivered to me, I would like that spell in particular to be removed.
    • In addition, Sorcerers can only choose from 2 different Sorcery Schools. At present I see the following:
      • Darkness
      • Elemental
      • Chaos
      • Arcane
    • Looking at how the spread is done, I would focus on Darkness and Elemental, as those seem to cover most abilities, with the loss of a Chaos Spell that is being moderated to be removed, and an Aesthetic Arcane spell.
    See what you can do with reshuffling spells around to fit this 2 school limit, and tag me wen complete

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MidnightRey

Zikiels can buy spells from as many schools as they want.

And I only did that like once or twice? I only do such a combo if im outnumbered or really need to.. I really like it if I could keep my current set of spells. If at all possible..
    When I did it yesterday, which im assuming you're revering to. When my character was trying to prevent people from intervering in a fight going on in the Wrath (They were trying to defend the one getting beaten, or they really looked like they were about to.) But made no other movements to ever harm them.
    (-He also wasn't even a part of the fight. And only applied a blood collar to the person who was losing and restrained, being mostly out of spite cause the person losing was someone he hated. Mostly because they were a Werebeast who had tried to hunt him multiple times. But otherwise he did nothing or even gave an order. This is also why he was stopping his potential Rescuers but not harming them)

He did do it one other time, when he got ganged up 3 to 1. Two who were Werebeasts. So I think that time it was more justified.

Stay Put also,, only lasts 10 seconds. I don't fully understand how that can become an issue of all things. When Zikiels are meant to be super defense and stuff. And not Offensive. You get me? That's why I replaced the unarmed and Command with Bola. Because I thought it would be more of a, make him able to restrain/escape people more easily. But still, avoid any bloodshed. (As per the Zikiel mentality.)

And, this isn't me trying to argue im just trying to get out my side of the story. Apologies if it seemed as such.

#19 MidnightRey, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  20. MidnightRey

21. FireFan96

You're correct. My mistake.

As for the spell, I'll take your response as confirmation that you are aware that there were some concerns brought up. I'll permit the current spell set, but as before, will be listening to channels to ensure that the power level remains reasonable in roleplay.

Re-approved @midnight_moon123

22. MidnightRey

Thank you, I really appreciate it. But I'll be sure to be more careful in the future with it. And it's all good, we all make mistakes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. MidnightRey

So sorry for the ping, I thought I was going to change something but then decided against it.

24. MidnightRey

@FireFan96
    I decided to switch out his Magic in favor of Ritualism, mostly because when he had Ritualism before I figured if he ever got injured and needed to heal quickly, Blood-Mending would be the best thing for him. The others are mostly because I can't have that without adding in the other ones. And I also decided to make his Sire the one of Secrets as it makes a lot more sense for him to be one so he can better fit in with the public and try to gain more knowledge. Rather than fighting and being Violent like the Sire of Rage projects him as. I just wished to inform you of da big changes to his skill set. Also I replaced his Bola with Alchemy with finding out that Zikiels can't go beyond 5 anymore in Combat profs. Karisu would had stopped trying to learn how to do Bolas after finding he can't learn anymore. And with no intent on ever getting cured he would've gone on to something else instead.

#24 MidnightRey, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  25. MidnightRey

I.. Added in a Spoiler for the Phasewings Aesthetic, basically just showing what the wings look like. And it lost it's tag. Can you fix that rq?
    @FireFan96

26. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

Picking this up for review. Expect a reply shortly.

27. Mollymock

You cannot mix and match abilities and aesthetics across different schools. You will need to change your aesthetics to accomodate for that.

Make these edits, tag me and we'll get moving along.

28. MidnightRey

He can take spells from any other school, and Firefan accepted it that way before so I am confused to why it is now an issue?

29. Mollymock

You can never take from any more than 2 sorcery schools, so the first issue is that you have three there. When you take a level in a sorcery school, you must take one ability and one aesthetic from THAT school. You cannot mix and match. These are just the rules of Sorcery. Please correct this, and we'll be good to move forwards.

30. MidnightRey

Zikiels can take as much sorcery from however many schools they want dou? They can spend points on schools from Elemental, Darkness, Chaos, Arcane, and Whimsy.

Zikiel Vampires can purchase spells from as many schools as they like, however they are blocked from purchasing Exist-based Sorcery Spells from the thematic categories of Nature, Lightness, Order and Spirit.

But I will change the part about the Aesthetics, but I still confused as to why it was ok with Firefan but is not ok with you.

#30 MidnightRey, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  31. MidnightRey

The Aesthetics have been changed.

32. Mollymock

They still cannot break the rules of sorcery. App is approved now with these changes.

33. MidnightRey

Thank you Molly!

34. MidnightRey

@Mollymock
    I updated his app and decided to return to magix

35. Mollymock

@midnight_moon123 After some consultation with other members of the Lore Staff team, we've deemed that this character is a little too power stacked for how you play the character. As such, we ask that you remove your bola combat, and lower your alchemy down to about 10. As it stands, this character has almost the maximum amount of abilities possible, and their more aggressive antagonistic nature makes them feel really min/maxed as a result. Please make these changes, ping me and then we should be good to go.

36. MidnightRey

He is not really min-maxed. The reason he is like this is that he wanted approval from his family therefore he focused all his time on his studies and abilities as much as possible so they would see him as a worthy part of the family, also because that's what Zikiels, and Kathar in general do, focus on their studies as much as possible. So you kinda understand he is like this only for IC reasons, and also it's cause Kathar, that's how they are, all they want is power and control over others. This is how I provided such. Therefore why he has his alchemy I would prefer to keep the alchemy cause he wouldn't have realistically stopped learning alchemy from his mother, who is Zolathar. I can understand removing the bola, but I do not see how it is very overpowered given he can only use it once per day like his Ward. But if I must remove it, I will.
    @Mollymock

#36 MidnightRey, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  37. MidnightRey

I feel like these changes will really change the character, it's not about the abilities themselves it's because it's an important part of his backstory, small but still important. His family wanted a strong independent kid and really pushed him often to become such. He uses his power in order to gain control, the way I intended to play him from the start as an antagonist against the city/guards/ and else what, based on his past. While still having him avoiding violence and direct confrontation. Via because of the Zikiel Bloodline.

#37 MidnightRey, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  38. Mollymock

Make changes to lower the number of abilities your character has access to, and then I'll re-review it. Take away whatever you feel isn't as "crucial" as you claim, just as it stands, the character is way too stacked, regardless of any IC justification. It can be sorcery spells, alchemy points, removal of Bola Combat, Arcanology.

39. MidnightRey

@Mollymock
    I took out the Bola Combat and the Ward Knowledge, is this ok?

40. Mollymock

Please either remove 5 alchemy or one level of sorcery, and we're good to go.