June Leclair

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by PeckOps, Jan 2, 2018.

1. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

Basic Information
    • Full Name: June Amelia LeClair
    • Race: Ithanian Ailor
    • Main Ambition: Popularity
    • Sexuality: Bisexual
    Skill Information (Required):

Total Points: 20
    • +10 Bodycare Training: From Ithanian Ailor culture.
    • +7 Medical Science: Through her somewhat limited training, June has gained a modest amount of medical knowledge.
    • +5 Food and Drink: The power of palate flows strong in this one!... kind of. She's an admirable cook for her age.
    • +4 Musical Arts: An acquired passion from childhood.
    • +4 Visual Arts: Another childhood hobby.
    Body Shape:
    • +0. Minimal combat knowledge.
    • Muscle build: Slim
    • Low body fat.
    Languages:
    • Common [10/10]
    • d'Ithanie [10/10] (Her native language.)
    Visual Information (Required):
    • Eye Color: Light blue.
    • Hair Color: Light blonde. (A little bit strawberry, even.)
    • Hair Style: Mid-length bob.
    • Skin Color: Pale.
    • Clothing: Travel coat, white shirt, plain black pants, short boots.
    • Height: 5'4" (162 cm)
    • Body Build: Petite.
    Visual Information (Expansion):
    • June typically carries herself about with an optimistic expression, often having an air of sincerity about her. She does not have any scars or blemishes. Her hair is kept at a medium length in a bob style, often a little messy or poorly kept.
      [*]She is somewhat short and thin, and thus not particularly strong. Her figure is fairly average other than that. Despite her situation, she keeps herself rather well maintained.
      [*]June's signature appearance includes a large travel coat, with long coat tails and a slightly baggy appearance due to its size on her. Underneath the coat, she wears a fairly plain white shirt with brown trim, black pants, and short boots with some decoration on them. Her choice of attire makes it difficult to make out much of her figure, but it appears to be well out of her price range nonetheless.
      [*]June boasts a calm tone in most cases, speaking almost poetically. Her common is slightly shaky, so she speaks just a little bit slower than most average people would. Her voice is sometimes on the monotone side, or she will only speak in short replies. She was raised speaking Ithanian and is able to speak it fluently, thus having a very distinct Ithanian accent.
    Personality and Abilities:
    • First Paragraph: June is a kind and selfless person deep down, but may not always present herself that way due to her more jocular tendencies. She's very fond of sarcasm and hyperbole, making it difficult to place where she is standing emotionally by speech alone. She developed a forced sense of optimism to make herself feel better while the world around her was cruel. June acts in kind ways in an attempt to make up for her shortcomings, feeling it necessary to communicate with people. Her posture would make one assume that she lacks confidence, but her speaking tone may be saying otherwise. Due to the conflicting messages her attitude may send, it is difficult to size her up at a glance.
    • Second Paragraph: June borderline hates herself, and it would show to people who have known her for some time. She often self deprecates in private situations. Her confidence is very low, and she will often act in ways that others told her to due to her lack of self worth. This attitude came about due to the neglect of her parents in her later childhood, and her lack of comforts during such. Being somewhat sensitive during her early years, this left a scar that she would not easily forget. She is, however, very gradually improving this as she makes more friends.
    • Third Paragraph: To her friends, she is incredibly kind and respectful, though she will often maintain her joking persona unless the situations calls for it. Her current family situation is rather bitter, and so she will rarely speak about it. If conversation about her family can't be avoided, she has clear resentment towards them, but still demonstrates a level of respect towards her bloodline.
    • Fourth Paragraph: June's a genuinely good person deep down, but may not always operate within the bounds of the law if she feels it necessary. She shows clear hatred towards the corrupt and evil, and will not fail to demonstrate it if the opportunity is given. On the whole, she tends to empathize with many people who have endured similar situations to her own. This includes some occasional selfless acts, even if it may be for people she doesn't know.
    • Fifth Paragraph (OPTIONAL):
      June doesn't openly practice any religion, but she has done some light studying towards Unionism. She holds a small amount of resentment towards the wealthy, though only out of jealousy. In her idea of a Utopian society, wealth does not make anyone better or lesser, and instead serves as a triumph of hard labor. All in all, she's an out of place optimist most of the time, but has a down-to-earth side she'll show to those she cares for.
    Personality and Abilities (Expansion):
    • June often tries to hide her face in subtle ways, like her hairstyle or posture. She won't often maintain eye contact with people she's talking to, unless the situation is serious or she's speaking to someone she cares for. Both of these traits stem from her lack of self confidence. Rather than serving herself, she tends to serve others.
      [*]June liked to perform harmless pranks as a child. She has since moved away from this, instead favoring simple jokes formed by words rather than water buckets and other pranking instruments.
    Relationships (Optional):
    • [*]Amelia Scarlette: (Closest Friend.) @Sugar_Goddess522 The two have been friends for a considerable time, now. Through many hardships, their relationship with one another has gone through a few different stages, but ultimately the two remain close in spirit if not in body.
      [*]Elizabeth Black: (Friend) She and June may not have known one another for very long, but June has taken a liking towards her charity and personality. She sees her as a mentor, and almost a mother. (@Miss_Confined )
      [*][*]
    Life Story (Required):
    June was born in New Ceardia, in a small farm village. Her family was kind to her early on, raising her into having a bouncy personality. In her early years, she found enjoyment in playing pranks on other kids, and playing around in forests or meandering about the streets. If she wasn't playing around with other kids, June picked up a few hobbies from people she was close to. Through this, she developed an affinity for artistic talents. She also did many things that kids her age often did, like attending school and helping out with chores around the house.
    Later in her life, though, her parents became bitter. As their wealth and status went down, so too did their spirits, and their release was to be neglectful. It was during this time that June learned to become more independent, and lost her confidence that she had in her early life. She and her parents became homeless for nearly two years, which only furthered the hardship endured by all involved. In response, she first tried to escape from reality via artistic pursuits. This only served as an escape to the problems that were around her, though. In time, June realized that things weren't going to change at home.
    In a bold decision, June gathered what little belongings she cared for, and her small amount of money, setting out for a fresh start around the age of 12. She ended up staying at a farm some distance away from home for a few months, before continuing her travels towards a brave new world. In time, she managed to make her way onto a trade ship, deciding to start anew wherever it landed. Through this, June had found her way into Regalia.
    Upon her arrival there, she could do little to start a new life. Her young age and lack of affluence made her remain homeless for years on end. During this time, she couldn't afford to go to school with her own money, so she missed out on education that would be commonplace for children her age. With little else to do, she survived with her few assets and tried to make as many friends as she possibly could.
    With little changing for the next few years, June later found her closest friend yet in a woman by the name of Amelia Scarlette. Amelia provided her with the sort of support and comfort that comes with close friends as June worked through multiple different jobs and scenarios. Among those, she worked at the Crown Sawbones clinic, and at the Golden Willow tavern for quite some time. Currently, June is working at the Fier et Calme Teahaus, and also serves as a housemaid for House de Letoirneau.
    Outside of her working life, she is beginning to work towards building a new family. Her primary accomplishment towards this came by taking in a poor orphan girl by the name of Charlotte. Despite not knowing one another for very long, the two are already quite close.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 PeckOps, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. Miss_Confined

Miss_Confined ❤ Confy ❤ - Mrs. Massivecraft

Hey @PeckOps
    I'm glad to see you put out a character app! Make sure you delete the instructions in front of the sections! Such as in front of her life story!

You can put all expanded information sections like Basic Information expansion in a spoiler! A spoiler is created by doing [ bracket the word spoiler another bracket ]
    So it will look like this:
    [.spoiler]
    (Just remember to get rid of the period: .
    you put your expansion info in there.
    And then you close the spoiler by doing
    [/spoiler]
    Just like that. I'll show you what it will look like.
    Hello @PeckOps

I also recommend bolding or italicizing certain areas like Full Name: and the other subcategories of the Required Basic Information as well as the subcategories like Height: etc. in the Required Visual Information section.

If you'd like after your reviewer is done reviewing your app, I will find / make you dividers for June's app to make it more aesthetically pleasing/unique.

Fantastic work on your application!!! <3

3. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

@Miss_Confined Thank you very much for reading over my attempt at a char app very early morning lmao. I've made a few of the notes adjustments, because I didn't do a good job in my previews. lol

4. Fluffy_Rose_9

Fluffy_Rose_9 Refugee

@Miss_Confined i'd of also recommended longer sentences and explaining things in more detail <3

5. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

No one likes a super long info dump type app. I was trying to keep everything brief and snappy.

6. Fluffy_Rose_9

Fluffy_Rose_9 Refugee

Actually I think you're suppose to put in a lot of detail to it, though like she said some things should be put in spoilers if the staff do not have to read them, but, this is just my opinion, I don't want to argue <3

7. PosidonX7

PosidonX7 Refugee

@PeckOps
    Hello! I will be here to give you some advice so you can have the maximum potential at getting accepted.

Personality and Abilities are usually about four sentences long, hence them being a paragraph.

Talents and Weaknesses are usually three sentences long to provide ample explanation of those talents/weaknesses.

Likes and Dislikes should be put in a spoiler, for they are not necessary for the review.

The Life Story should be atleast 3-4 paragraphs which is about 400-500 words. I only see two active paragraphs here.

I only focused on the amount of content rather than it's quality in this peer review. Good luck on your official review, PeckOps.

Disclaimer: No salt or ill-will is intended by my reviews.

#7 PosidonX7, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  8. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

I am claiming this character application for staff review!
    Expect a response within 48 hours.

In the meantime, go ahead and take a look over the peer-reviews!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  9. notjayp

notjayp aye

Nice to see a new player doing homework.

10. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps I'm so sorry for the delay in getting to this!

☼ Staff Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​
    • Why does June hate herself? Did something happen in her life to make her feel this way? Where in specific does she feel she is lacking? Try and add a bit more information to the second personality paragraph! Maybe also add reasoning for why she is so kind and selfless.
      -
    • Please add at least two more sentences to the Witty talent! In what way does this aid her? Can you give an example?
      -
    • This is moreso a suggestion than a necessary edit, but given her Artistic Talents, have you considered giving her a skill in the School of Music or School of Fine Arts? This can come from a mentor as opposed to e formal school. If she has significant skill in this I recommend adding one.
      -
    • Please remove the Unimposing weakness, as this is not a valid weakness.
      -
    • At what age did June leave her house? What is she doing now that she is in Regalia, does she have anywhere to live? Mention this in the life story!
    Please mark your changes in green and tag me when you’re finished!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  11. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

@Eccetra I've made those recommended tweaks. I also made a few grammar-type fixes, to make it a little more approachable. Thanks for reading it over!~

12. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps
    Great job with the edits! I am happy to mark June...

☼ Approved! ☼

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  13. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

Reworked things for the character application update.
    I also made adjustments for IC occurances.
    @Eccetra Can you mark it for re-review?

14. Jack_Castle

Jack_Castle Rage, RAGE Against the Dying of the Light. Supremium

If you go into editing, and then advanced, you can change it yourself.

15. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps All looks good to me!

☼ Re-Approved! ☼

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

Bump! Sorry, it's been a bit since I fixed it ; A;

17. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps
    Hello! I'll be reclaiming this application now that I'm an aspirant again.
    Expect a response within 24 hours!

18. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps

☼ Staff Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​
    • The application still has a few hold-overs from the old template! Such as main ambition and body build listed in the visual information section. While the former can be kept for flavour, be sure to familiarize yourself with the new template features! Sexuality can now be listed in the basic information, though this is optional.
      -
    • June's age is 20, but it says that her total proficiency points are 30. You don't need to factor the racial bonuses into this, so just list her total as 20!
      -
    • In the skills section you've listed her body shape as thin, but just for sake of the proper format, please change this to "Muscle build: Slim" or something similar. We work in muscle and body fat now as opposed to general builds!
      -
    • Try and add at least one more sentence to the fourth paragraph of the personality section, as it's a little short at the moment. Does she value herself foremost, or does she care about others (friends/family)? Does she care for strangers?
    Please mark your changes in another color and tag me when you’re finished!

19. PeckOps

PeckOps Refugee

@Eccetra Thanks for looking it over! (Again, I think?) Anyway, I've made some adjustments as requested, done in blue!
    They are as follows:
    • Added sexuality.
    • Expanded fourth paragraph.
    • Changed wording to 'Muscle build: Slim' in body shape section.
    • Adjusted point limit to say 20, in order to not account for race bonus.
    • Maintained that spicy old format, but I tried to keep the majority of it in spoilers!
    If you would like me to add anything else or make new adjustments, just let me know. And thanks again!

20. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@PeckOps Great job!

☼ Approved! ☼