Archived John's Charity With Lore Items

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

METAKNIGHT2X9

Caemo Riverwood - The Paranoid Hex Mage
Reaction score
Faction
Insani!
Hello again, Massive!

It's META, this time with a suggestion for lore items and how to get them!

As with the changes to Minecraft's EULA, you can no longer get rewards in-game by voting as most people already know. This leads to a huge price hike in lore items and a shortage of most. What I am proposing is that John, the money-giving NPC, also hands out the occasional lore item, either timed or being a chance with the regals. I will have a poll attached to the post.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I love the idea. I think on the technical side it might have to be a 2nd NPC but thats not a huge issue i wouldnt think.

I think he should have a small Kleinfolk child handing out the Lore items every so often, looking all grateful but sad.

I'm all about these ideas, but maybe we could just bring back the old voting system through John or maybe other npc(s). Like, every visit gets you a few regals and a common item, 7th visit gives an uncommon, 100th visit gives you a yellow lore item, etc. Just a suggestion; either way I'm glad this post was made, I miss my lore items ;-;

Quest staff would be the ones to review this suggestion.

That being said, I don't think it would be worth staff time to code something like this at the moment. Quest staff are focusing on getting the alternative to John's Charity up and running - that is their priority at this time.

If it isnt classified, what is this alternative?

I propose everyone buy my Old Gods Symbolism and Chiien Dragon Mask for an exuberant amount. 030

Er....pass it around I guess. ;o

That being said, I don't think it would be worth staff time to code something like this at the moment. Quest staff are focusing on getting the alternative to John's Charity up and running - that is their priority at this time.
With all due respect - the EULA pretty much disallows most forms of voting for soft money, and getting rewards for increased popularity - I don't see any viable solution for how we can work around the EULA without bending it so far that MassiveCraft gets shut down. John's Charity actually seems like a nice thing, y'know?

With all due respect - the EULA pretty much disallows most forms of voting for soft money, and getting rewards for increased popularity - I don't see any viable solution for how we can work around the EULA without bending it so far that MassiveCraft gets shut down. John's Charity actually seems like a nice thing, y'know?
While this is true, John's Charity was always meant as a temporary fix until the permanent fix was created by the staff. And Mojang can change their EULA however and whenever they want and all Massive can do is comply, theres nothing anybody can do about it. So for now we just need to be patient and wait because one thing ive learned is that if something is rushed... it usually isnt as good as it could have been.

While this is true, John's Charity was always meant as a temporary fix until the permanent fix was created by the staff. And Mojang can change their EULA however and whenever they want and all Massive can do is comply, theres nothing anybody can do about it. So for now we just need to be patient and wait because one thing ive learned is that if something is rushed... it usually isnt as good as it could have been.
Which is why it's imperative that the staff team makes a decision on how and when we will implement the new voting system, making sure that it won't affect the EULA regulations put in place, and informs us when the time is right. Sure. But at the same time, you didn't provide a counter argument to my original statement - I don't see a way which we CAN work around this.

Which is why it's imperative that the staff team makes a decision on how and when we will implement the new voting system, making sure that it won't affect the EULA regulations put in place, and informs us when the time is right. Sure. But at the same time, you didn't provide a counter argument to my original statement - I don't see a way which we CAN work around this.
From what i can tell from the few words about the topic on the changelog that @Omnomivore linked above... It appears that it will involve working for money beyond typing your name in on a website. And as it has been noted in the past multiple times... most of the decisions the staff make regarding the EULA are directly coordinated with a Mojang associate on the matter so they can be sure its compliant. And im not arguing your statement that its hard to find a way to work around the EULA.

From what i can tell from the few words about the topic on the changelog that @Omnomivore linked above... It appears that it will involve working for money beyond typing your name in on a website. And as it has been noted in the past multiple times... most of the decisions the staff make regarding the EULA are directly coordinated with a Mojang associate on the matter so they can be sure its compliant. And im not arguing your statement that its hard to find a way to work around the EULA.
Forgot about the changelog, I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks. Yeah, I knew they were working with Mojang staff. All seems pretty secure to me but I'd have rather either things stayed as they were pre-EULA or 'John's Charity' stage.

I was not referring to voting. What I was referring to was an alternate way of gaining money rather than clicking on John's Charity at spawn, since John is just a temporary fix. With voting no longer giving money out, we are trying to provide an alternative for income and working on a more permanent solution.

In regards to voting, we hope to eventually code our own version of a "Vote party" where when the server votes reach X number of votes from the community, everyone gets an item like in Gift4All (or some similar community goal based system). This would be allowed via the EULA since everyone would receive the same item. Something like this would take time to code, however, so we might not see a new vote system anytime soon.

I was not referring to voting. What I was referring to was an alternate way of gaining money rather than clicking on John's Charity at spawn, since John is just a temporary fix. With voting no longer giving money out, we are trying to provide an alternative for income and working on a more permanent solution.

In regards to voting, we hope to eventually code our own version of a "Vote party" where when the server votes reach X number of votes from the community, everyone gets an item like in Gift4All (or some similar community goal based system). This would be allowed via the EULA since everyone would receive the same item. Something like this would take time to code, however, so we might not see a new vote system anytime soon.
Thanks for that @Omnomivore , that's really clarified things for me, and I do hope to see the said changes arriving some time in the future, whenever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.