Jagannath Indra

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Vahex, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Colour Key: Green: positive
    Red: Negative
    Yellow/Orange: neutral​
    • Full Name: Jagannath Indra
    • Race: Dakkar
    • Main Ambition: Jagannath Indra has one goal and one goal only. To show to all that Dakkar are the superior race and hold superiority.
    • Special Permission: N/A
    Visual Information (Required)

• Eye Color: Golden
    • Hair Color: N/A
    • Hair Style: N/A
    • Skin Color: outer plating lapis blue, skin grey
    • Clothing: Hide long shorts with leather padding (the shorts go just a bit past the knees)
    • Height: 6 foot, 3 inches
    • Weight: 326 pounds
    • Body Build: Broad, Bulky, Heavy (very heavy)
    • Weapon of choice: 5'4 maul and a small mace around the size of 2'5
    Personality Traits
    • Leadership- "Onward my brothers!" Being born heir to a Chieftain, it's only natural that Jagannath Indra is a natural prodigy for leadership. His mother being the Chieftain at the time would give him early teaching and combat training, thus giving him some knowledge and experience. Leading his fair kin into and out of battle as the great leader he has become is just a side activity for him.
    • Narrow-minded- "Silence! You know nothing!" Jagannath Indra feels that everyone else's thoughts and opinions do not matter in the slightest. He believes that his word and his word alone is best and Superior to all others. Not only that but he has no intention of listening to or hearing out those around him seeing as he feels superior.
    • Courageous- "With pleasure." Being a leader without courage is no different from a banana tree that doesn't grow bananas. When it comes to battle or just simple rallies, Jagannath Indra is always roaring with it. Courage is one of the first things a leader need, without it, who'd follow you?
    • Maticulous- "Do not think i cans scene you there." Jagannath Indra has a very keen scene of smell and hearing, which he uses greatly to his advantage in various situations. mainly combat. He nay able to pin point ones's potion through sight but through hearing and smell together it is fairly easy for him.
    • Honorable- "For pride!" Jagannath Indra takes the meaning of honor to an unreal level. Head rather stick to his honorary morals than participate in combat (which he loves). Having honor is the one thing that makes Jagannath Indra unique. He could be on the verge of separating one head from body, though if in the situation something occurs to were his actions are affected by honor or his moral, he'd simply walk away.
    • Vindictive- "They will be avenged, and I myself, seek revenge" Jagannath Indra is hardwired to seek in hunt down anything and anyone in search of vengeance if and only if it or they have done some to truly drive and instigate him into doing so. Especially when his honor is involved.
    • Obnoxious- "Tch, how pathetic" Jagannath Indra tends to be very rude and disrespectful to those he doesn't trust and or is close to, sometime barking out at someone like a vicious wolf. This nasty and intolerable nature tends to intimidate or even scar off those who are poor in fear level. Jagannath Indra does only act this way in mild situations.
    STRENGTHS
    • Hefty- "HEFTY, HEFTY, HEFTY!" Jagannath Indra being a very heavy, broad, and bulky Dakkar that he is, along with his high amount of muscle, allows him to be fairly sturdy and robust. In combat, a sledgehammer that would bluntly hit Jagannath Indra on the chest would only make him stagger one step, unlike other, more fragile races.
    • Strategic- "Around to their flank!" Being a great battle strategist is one of Jagannath Indra's many gifts from Hael. Been put in charge of various battle against Dwarves in the mass of underground caverns, Jagannath Indra had to find someway to be able to have the upper hand, and after many many battles he adapted, learning a plethora of different strategic advances and elements to apply to his well-thought-out plans of attack and defense.
    • Stamina- "Tired already? I'm just getting warmed up!" Being born of the healthiest male and female Dakkar in there tribe, Jagannath Indra has taken the dominant trait of great stamina from both parents, allowing him to fight a lot longer and much harder. This also allows for him to carry his own very heavy body without tiring out too quickly.
    WEAKNESSES

• Low temperature- "Brrrr..." Fridged and subzero temperatures give Jagannath Indra a very troublesome time. Thus being in low temp he'd be quite a bit slower than normal, and like most Dakkar, Jagannath Indra requires six to seven hours near a mass of heat, though for Jagannath Indra, in the cold, he would undertake at least 3 hours more then the average Dakkar. Along with his great size and muscle mass, Jagannath Indra would need a lot of heat to keep his blood warm and circulating throughout his body.
    • Cumbersome- "Gah, how annoying, so heavy..." Being as big as he is, Jagannath Indra is fairly heavy and pretty slow. Due to selective breeding by his mother who found the strongest and healthiest male, had brought to Aloria a primed offspring, thus giving Jagannath Indra all he needed to become more than average sized in both height and bulk. This affects his agility greatly in combat situations.
    • Easily angered- "You dare disgrace my clans honor!?" Jagannath Indra is practically fueled by his short tempered fuse. Jagannath Indra is very easily angered depending on what is said to him. Though it's not very often that he can travel through the city and not Chuck a water filled barrel at someone who called i'm a fire lizard.
    • Injured collar bone- "How embarrassing."
    Jagannath has been in many battle throughout his life time and has been very successful in those fights. though now one is a perfect fighter, and no one fighter can go life without injury. Jag suffered a severe injury to his collar bone whilst fighting against rogue Dakkar from his clan. Though winning the confrontation he did revive a broken right collar bone, which of course will result in combat deficiency. To make it worse, the bones didn't necessarily heal properly, causing Jag not to be able to use his right arm efficiently at times. Sometime he cant use it at all.

Egg- chieftain Akar-Isha is the mother of Jagannath Indra. A great strong and healthy warrior she was taking on anything and anyone, holding her title for 8 years on going. Though she decided to slow it down when she after a few months of becoming of age to mate. But Skar wouldn't and couldn't just have any mate. She seek a large, strong, healthy, and reliable make to take and deem be her offspring father. And the one who which She sit was a 6'10, large and broad Dakkar of the name Bishka Nal. Akar would deem him to be her mate, though he'd have to challenge others to show he was acceptable to be her mate. Bishka Nal fought to the death against 3 well fitted Dakkar of similar stature. The to Dakkar would become mate and conceive an egg.
    A group of greedy, treasure seeking dwarf had wondered into the inner caves of Elldar to Gana Isha in rout to steal and destroy. They came across the nesting ground where the eggs are hold, the prime egg of the Chieftain, which seemed to be a target for the dwarves. Over night the egg was stolen and was missing for four month without a trace. But it's fairly difficult to hide the scent of an egg from its mother, it wasn't very long till Akar found a camp sit where the dwarves were held up along with her child. Didn't take much to slay the unsuspected dwarves, the when picking up the egg she saw that the ores of the egg had been change, to lazite and silver. But Akar was pretty happy and left the egg as a symbloe of honor and glory.

0-10
    The first few years as a hatchling were fruitful. Jagannath at the age of 5 started combat traing with his mother and father both, to to the indecent with his stolen egg Jagannath Indra's parents wished to have him learn and train at an early age to prepare him for encounters in the future both near and far.
    At the age of ten, the caverns that these Dakkar called home were invade by a large troop of dwarves, causing chaos an and destruction to the cave and their homes. Nearly half of Jagannath Indra's clan was exterminated by these invaders, including his father, though they fought back they were out numbered and had to retreat through exit routs dug out in hidden passages so that the dwarves would not follow
    The escape plan was a success all thanks to Jagannath Indra, seeing it was his idea as well. this is when Akar had notice his skill in strategy, even if it was a simple one.

11-15
    Jagannath Indra vouched to take vengeance on those who had invaded his home land no matter what the cost is. Once Jagannath Indra reached the age of twelve he was already about 5 feet tall and fairly bulky, weighing about 125 lbs. His mother decided to start training him in heavy weaponry, and handed him a forged maul (that's just a bit shorter than Jagannath Indra) she took from the dwarves that to he egg long ago. for 12 hours a day he'd train with his mother in intense sparing matches. the score, 27-0 with his mother at 27 , she is the chieftain after all.
    Fifteen. Jagannath Indra is now Fully grown standing at a height of 6 feet and 4 inches and weighing in at 326 pounds due to his healthy diet and activity and just natural genetics. His mother is just 4 inches taller than him but weighs less then he does.

16-28
    Jagannath Indra's mother passed and given to Hael. Jagannath Indra was not devastated to witness her death, seeing as honor and respect held a big part in give and honorary passing to his parent. A moral he went by. he became Chieftain as being heir to his mother. Jagannath Indra now is the largest and strongest in his clan. Though that surely did change when he encountered two rogue dakkar from his clan that he sot out to kill for their betrayal. During the battle Jag was successful in the fight but at a cost, which was a broken collar bone. due to this and the fact that the bone didn't really heal correctly, Jagannath now has many issues in combat not being able to use his right arm properly at times.
    By now he has lead many battle through invasion and defense against the dwarves and won every single one. with Jag as a leader his clan wouldn't fall to the mere Stout folk.
    Jagannath Indra sot new sights and experiences, more so to take superiority over new lands. He travel Aloria in search these. Within the span of 2 years he explored various different regions conquering the lands for his egg brothers and sisters. Coming across different races he had never seen and finding various culture that were unheard of to him. As he continued on he ended up coming across a city by the name of regalia. A fair city with a very diverse community, though this commune was aspired by mainly Ailors, Jagannath Indra found it quite annoying. Though in attempting to take over the city, him and his clan both became outnumber. His clan dying and him left to be taken in and interrogated. Serving 4 years in prison he was released into the city as a new being of regalia.

Now
    Jagannath Indra is now 37 and has been living in regalia for almost 10 years, nine to be exact. He has learned much from the the city and it's inhabitants. Magic is surely a thing that is abundant in the region as well. A favorite of Jagannath Indra's in which are umbral fire mages. being he is weak to cold, the climate in regalia can change quite drastically. So having a fire mage around at time is nice.

#1 Vahex, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

First of, YES! Finally another Dakkar!

Im just going to hit you up with some tips.
    At the moment, Dakkar can only reach 6'10. I know the Dakkar page contradicts, but just roll with it. The rewrite will be out soon.
    Yasssss
    I noticed that you only have 2 negative traits, I suggest you add another.
    I feel that these two are very racially specific. So I suggest you add 1 or two more that are specific to him.
    Going to keep it real with you, You can bump up the weight a little bit, and even more once the rewrite comes out.

ALSO......Shameless plug!

3. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I have made the changes.

Also I am looking to great a clan of Dakkar and am needing help. If you doing mind helping me out a bit?

4. GoodDreamer

To be honest, I think that all you need to do is gather up Dakkar buddies and make a page. But other then that, contact @METAKNIGHT2X9 as he owns the New Sun Dakkar clan. He might be able to give you some pointers.

5. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Kool maybe I'll just join his lol

6. GoodDreamer

Click Da Pluuuuug

7. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

8. GoodDreamer

I think that these two sound awfully similar, they (personally) sound like the same trait. Maybe you can merge them together and make a new negative.
    Also, you are still missing your third negative trait.
    I'm going to say it, this makes him sound invincible, if my character smacked you with a maul, and you only staggered back by one step, I would be pissed. (Unless my character is weak AF)
    These two are practically one and the same, maybe you aight to add something else and merge these two together.
    Orc?
    I am going to say it here, the size difference between a War hammer made for a dwarf, and the hammer a Dakkar aught to use, is rather large.
    Think of it like this.
    Pole arms (and anything with a pole) tend to be able to reach your shoulder. (although the staff would prefer if you capped the maul at about 5 feet). The war hammer that a dwarf would use would be in the 4 foot (if not shorter) range, and would be far lighter then that of a Dakkar. So this would be a poor weapon for your Dakkar.
    That being said, are you sure you don't mean Maul? There is a difference.
    War hammer
    Maul
    Either way, go into detail on your weapon, tell us how much is weighs, how long it is, how he uses it and his skill in it.

I suggest against this, as it is just a reason to get into fights without needing a real reason IC. Don't worry, there are plenty of fights to be had without forcing a reason to start one.

9. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

My apologies about not getting to this sooner, it's been a crazy week. Anyways, on to the Revieeeeewwww!!!
    • First off, Dakkar don't really have scales, so is he blue colored or silver colored? Pick one and remove the other please.
    • A couple of problems with Meticulous. First, you didn't really describe someone who is meticulous, you described how Skara has a good sense of smell and sight. Second, Meticulous is generally a positive trait. If you want, you can keep the trait, but you will need to add another negative trait to help balance it out.
    • Why did he decide to go out into the world? His goals seemed to involve fighting dwarves and being strong. It seems weird he would just decide to go explore the world to see other cultures when he was a warrior.
    • Also, if he is chief of his tribe, why did he just leave them and go out on his own? Wouldn't he want to stay with them and have his own hatchlings?
    • I am a bit confused by this part from the 11-15 part of the life story: "...forged maul (that's just a bit shorter th and Bhaskara) she took..." What did you mean to put in the brackets?
    Tag me once you've got these done and we'll keep the rock rolling.

10. GoodDreamer

Dakkar have shit for vision btw. Just wanna bring that up.

11. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

12. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cuzi

Cuzi Plant-nanigans

Heyyy, Im sorry to ask, but by any chance would you be able to make a small edit to your characters name?

Ive had my dakkar for quite a few months now, and their name is in fact Bhaskara- Im not sure if this was intentional of you or not, but i would appreciate the change ^^;;

@Vahex

#13 Cuzi, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  14. soapboxstage

happened to me several times

15. Cuzi

Cuzi Plant-nanigans

Yes, though my name was completely made up, and has no meaning. So it seems a little fishy

16. soapboxstage

my friend told me to make a maiar character and I ended up with the exact same name as him and my new character can't get a nick for

17. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Not sure if it's be good to do that now, seeing as I have already played him a bit. Besidse it's not uncommon for people to have the same name. Its the same as real life, it happens. Sorry.

18. soapboxstage

I have the same name as a looser basketball player on twitter

19. Cuzi

Cuzi Plant-nanigans

Yes but this is not real life, and it would be inefficient for people to confuse over who is who. I am fairly sure the name is not simply made up as 'Bhaskara' has no definition or reference to any other thing leaving it with a completely random meaning. That would be like if i started going by dr fong, or monmarty.

20. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Ugh fine... More work.

21. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Btw Bhaskara means shining
    http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/indian

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. soapboxstage

You could say that you changed your name or take on a nickname

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Cuzi

Cuzi Plant-nanigans

Thankyou.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  24. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

25. GoodDreamer

Just a bit of friendly advice, It is usualy best to avoid making your character at the maximum hight possible for their race, especially when it comes to the more combat oriented races. It is usually seen as an attempt to add buffs to your character, and gives a sense of an OOC underlying motive. Although this would be better if the character had some sort major weakness/quirk, like if he was a dakkar that never learnt to fight, and is instead a tall, rather thin, merchant!(Dibs btw, I'm making that a thing soon)
    Or if he was missing an arm, but I don't think that is in the best interest of your character, especially for what you want him to be doing. Try lowering him down 2 or three inches, it really helps give off a better vibe, and you don't need to change anything else because of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  26. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

27. Doc_Cantankerous

Right, apparently when I sent my last reply, I forget to hit the Post Reply button.

• I want you to add another physical weakness that impacts how he moves/fights/operates. He fought for years, he should have some wear and tear from that that impacts his current abilities (since there is no perfect fighters out there.)

Sorry about the delay, I really need to have that button looked at...

• Informative Informative x 2
  28. soapboxstage

ooooooooooo
    is mine waiting? sorry nose spamos

• Like Like x 1
  29. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

I have made the necessary changes needed @Doc_Cantank

30. GoodDreamer

Just a little thing I noticed got left over.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  31. Doc_Cantankerous

@Vahex Just need to expand on it now.

32. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

I have added the weakness into his life story and highlighted it in pink

33. Doc_Cantankerous

Congratulations, you are Approved. Now let's Rock and Roll!

34. Vahex

Vahex The Alpha Stigma

Thank you