Jacques Martyn

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Ludicro, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ludicro

Ludicro Indecisive - Wait, no make it ironic

Basic Information (Required)
    • Full Name: Jacques Ichabod Martyn
    • Race: Ithanian Ailor
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual

♫I've traveled to and fro,♫
    ♫From sea to to great sea♫
    ♫Every voyage I have known♫
    ♫Have touched me deeply♫
    ♫For thirty years I sailed!♫
    ♫Sailed from land to land!♫
    ♫For thirty years I sailed!♫
    ♫The true life of a man!♫
    ♫With waves a hundred feet high♫
    ♫With storms that darken the sky♫
    ♫With a crew that says aye aye♫
    ♫I was not afraid to die,♫
    ♫For this was my life,♫
    ♫This was my blood,♫
    ♫This was my strife,♫
    ♫The sea that I love,♫
    ♫I live in the brotherhood, of the wave♫
    ♫The brotherhood of storm♫
    ♫The brotherhood of brave♫
    ♫The brotherhood, for who I was born♫
    ♫Yet, they, abaandoned me♫
    ♫Iii waas cast aside♫
    ♫Cast adrift♫
    ♫Cast on land soo dry,♫
    ♫Land I would leaveee, oooh so swift!♫
    ♫For the sea I love♫ ♫For the sea I yearn♫
    ♫For the sea, my dove,♫
    ♫For the life, that I earned♫
    ♫But I was cast aside!♫
    ♫I was cast adrift!♫
    ♫Banished from my love!♫
    ♫Banished oh so swift!♫
    ♫My life has taken a turn♫
    ♫My life has taken a switch♫
    ♫A life, on the land♫
    ♫A life, of the sand♫
    ♫A life away from the sea!♫
    ♫A life, away from my love!♫
    ♫A life, away from my duty,♫
    ♫My duty, to my love!♫
    ♫A life away from the sea, I, love♫

Named: The Sea That I Love
    Written by: @CorrosGaming

Skill Information

Total Proficiency Points: 45

• +10 Blades (from points)
    • + 10 Bodycare (from Ithania)
    • +12 Admiral Knowledge (from points)
    • +9 Sailing (from points)
    • +5 Athletic Training (from points)
    • +2 Rouge Training (from points)
    • +2 Underworld Knowledge (from points)
    • +3 Shielding Training (from points)
    • +2 Musical Arts (from points)
    Body Shape
    • Physical Stat: 31
    • Body Build: Muscular
    • Body Fat: Average
    Languages:
    • Common - Fluent: Reading/Speaking
    • Ithanian -From mother
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Dark Brown
    • Hair Color: Chocolate Brown
    • Hair Style: Combed, with a short ponytail
    • Skin Color: Tan
    • Clothing: Simple sailor’s attire/Letoirneau Uniform
    • Height: 6’3”
    Personality and Abilities
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • Jacques would most likely respond to fear by throwing a punch at it if he could. He finds the best solution to a fear is to try and fight it until it can't harm you anymore.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • When it comes to stress Jacques turns his attention to the bottle until he isn't stressed anymore.
    • How would your character express feeling Happy?
      • Like most things in Jacques' life, he expresses his happiness through drinking, though when happy it is with friends. He finds celebration to be a good way to increase everyone's mood while keeping his own high going.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • Jacques has no real negative feeling toward the law as he works for nobility and used to serve as a Violet. However, he does enjoy to be very satirical when speaking to guards he doesn't know, even if it gets him into some trouble.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • Jacques does not care about race due to him going between lands a lot and seeing many different people from a young age. As long as they don't trifle with him, he is fairly indifferent.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • Jacques is not a religious man, nor does he care what others worship as long as it doesn't impact him too much. Though if asked, he will claim he is Unionist, simply to avoid the trouble.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • He cares little for magic as it has never been large in his life. He knows it has its uses but it can also make his life harder in combat if he has to face it.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • When it comes to family, Jacques is more relenting, though he will still try to keep a stoic appearance. With only his mother left, his family is the House Guard he works for and he will die protecting it.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • Jacques biggest insecurity is that his past actions will impact his new life. He never speaks of it directly and only to those he trusts if he says anything.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • Jacques is most proud of his position in House de Letoirneau. He moved quickly through the ranks until he became Admiral of the de Letoirneau armada.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • Jacques' main motivation is redemption. He was not a good man and seeks to redeem himself for his past mistakes, while also keeping them hidden.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • Jacques biggest fear is that he will be betrayed. That fear has caused him to be distrustful to many new people, especially those who might have cause to stab him in the back.

• His main weakness to him now is his age and old battle wounds. After getting shot below the chest with an arrow, he often finds it harder to breathe at times and he has issue walking every now and then from the arrow that went through his leg.

Personality and Abilities (Expansion)
    • When Jacques is nervous his hands will be more active so he will scratch his head, run his hands through his hair or his fingers will just twitch.
    • Jacques is a fairly decent reader. He can read books that aren’t too complicated though he doesn't read often.

• Jacques enjoys the feeling of freedom he gets at sea. He feels like it is an escape from the world. He enjoys the spray of the sea and spends most of his time on a ship.
    • One of the few things he enjoys more than sailing is drinking for obvious reasons. He can drink a bit before getting uncontrollably drunk but he will often drink more than that.
    • Another thing that Jacques enjoys is singing. It is a past time for him on the sea and he has found himself singing to himself.
    Dislikes
    • One of the things Jacques dislikes most is dealing with nobles. He finds most of them too entitled and thinks they have more than what they worked for even if he’ll never say this out loud.
    • Jacques also dislikes people who think they are perfect and cannot improve. He sees everything as something that can be improved on and if people think they cannot improve then they are simply lazy. He will try shortly to convince them otherwise but won’t want to stick around if he can’t.
    • The thing that he hates most is treachery. He thinks it is one of the worst crimes a man can commit to someone else. He has had a distaste for it ever since he saw a mutiny on the first ship he sailed on. He thought it was unhonorable and will do much to get away from people who are known to betray others.

Cypri de Letoirneau @Nathan - Jacques commander for House de Letoirneau and someone he considers to be a trust worthy friend.

Life Story (Required)

Birth to 13-

Jacques Ichabod Martyn was a boy born in Ithania to a Regalian man named Jacob Martyn, an Ailor born in Killarallis, and an Ithanian woman named Louise Martyn. He had a fairly normal childhood. While he was growing up, he was always infatuated with ships. He would often see wealthy merchants with cargo boarding and departing only to return later with coin. He knew that even at such a young age he wanted to sail the seas. He started to study with a former sailor who lived nearby in his free time to learn all he could. After all this, he finally got the chance to sail with a small company at age 13 to sail to Regalia. He graciously accepted and prepared to leave his life behind to follow his dream of being a sailor.

13 to 27-

While on the sea helping the merchants, he was taught how to speak Common and how to sail the ship until it was burned into his mind. Jacques was also taught the school of Captaincy from the crew. He enjoyed working with these sailors and made quite a bit of coin. However, when he was 17, the crew he was with committed a mutiny against their captain, killing him and leaving the body at sea. He had a feeling that what he was doing was wrong and after seeing the mutiny, he never trusted those sailors again. Soon after he left the company to join a new one, where he was more cautious of who he trusted.

27 to Present-

After sailing with the new company, he learned a few new tricks and loss some of his morals. He became more comfortable with shady deals after doing so many with the new company and soon came to somewhat enjoy it after making his coin. He sailed with this company for some time before their captain died at sea from old age and the company fell soon after. He made his way to Regalia to find a new company to sail with. After searching for a company and being unsuccessful, he ended up joining the House Guard for the Letoirneau family and learned how to fight with different weapons and how to use a shield properly in combat. He eventually became Captain of the Guard and continues to work there to this day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Ludicro, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

Peer Review:

• Skill Information
      • Ship sailing is a culture point. Not a proficiency, you have 10 more points to spend!
    • Personality And Abilities
      • You should add more perception in the first paragraph. Be creative! Add possibly what other outward traits he displays!
      • The second paragraph doesn't really describe how he thinks about himself other than he's a bit cocky. Possibly go into detail about why he's cocky and confident. And isn't held back by anxieties. Why does he view honor as something that should be upheld?
      • So go into more detail on how he's kinder to friends and family? How does he distinctively act differently? You should add another one to two sentences to both paragraphs. Once again be creative!
      • Why does he think this way in terms of his moral code? You should add two or three sentences going into depth about his morality.
      • Put this in a spoiler as it is optional information.
    • Dislikes
      • Put this in a spoiler as it is optional information.
    • Life Story
      • Why did he leave his life behind? Was the that infatuated with ships? I'd say expand on this point a bit. And where was he sailing to with this random company expand a small bit on his childhood it could add some interesting character elements.
      • I wouldn't say that it was easy to sail a ship. Especially in those times, ships took quite long to learn to sail.
      • You don't outline when he went to the school of captaincy. You should probably point out when in his life story. And expand on his training.
      • What mutiny did they commit against the captain?
      • What morals did he lose? How? What made the change of heart?
      • How did the captain die? Why did it fall if they had a captain in Jacques? Was he not given the leadership position post-death?
    Those are the only issues I could find in the application. Well done!

3. Vegemiite

Vegemiite monty appreciator Supremium

Claimed for aspirant review.

4. Ludicro

I checked the Culture Point page and it wasn't there but it was on the Proficiency Page.
    I didn't include this because I never said he was a leader. He was always just a crew member.

5. Vegemiite

• Skill Information:
      • Ship Sailing is a Cultural Proficiency. Please put this in the required category. Adjust both cultural and skill points as necessary.
    • Personality Information:
      • Add at least two more sentences to the third paragraph.

Make the above edits in a different colour and tag me once done!
    @Ludicro

6. Ludicro

@Vegemiite I made the changes you requested. I also added a language due to him being a sailor.

7. Vegemiite

Approved.

8. Ludicro

Bumping it up so it can be re-reviewed.

9. Ludicro

@Vegemiite I'm tagging so it can be re-reviewed

10. Ludicro

11. Ludicro

12. Ludicro

Bumping it up for Re-Review
    Tagging @LumosJared cause it’s been months

#12 Ludicro, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  13. Ludicro

14. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

As LumosJared is busy, I will be picking up this application for re-review!

15. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

☼ Staff Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​
    • I think you mean Ithanian Ailor rather than Ithanian Alior!
      -
    • At the moment, not all of your proficiency points list where they're from. Aside from Bodycare, I assume all points are just from your point pool, but for consistency it might be good to add this to every one or none at all, rather than only the first two.
      -
    • You're missing the body build section under Skill Information. This no longer goes under Visual Information, as you also need to state the points that he has to gain that muscle build.
      -
    • The final paragraph of the personality section seems to cut off abruptly. Is it missing something?
      -
    • It might be pertinent to mention in the life story who taught him some of his combat skills, such as blades and shields!
    Please mark your changes in another color and tag me when you’re finished!

16. Ludicro

@Eccetra I made all the changes and marked them in red. Sorry about the body build part, forgot to keep up with the changes.

17. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@Ludicro
    Great job on those edits!

☼ Approved! ☼

18. Ludicro

@Eccetra I'd like to rework some of his prof points because they don't really match up with his background. I marked it in green what I planned to change

#18 Ludicro, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  19. Ludicro

@Eccetra Bumping so I can try and get it in time to sign up for the war again

20. Carlit0o

Carlit0o Partnered Streamer Pog

21. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

22. Ludicro

@SupremeCripple The changes are all marked in blue, sorry for taking so long to apply the changes.

23. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2