Iphone/android App For Massivecraft Forums

SuperSaiyanWoff

Brewmaster
Reaction score
Faction
Cadun
Has anyone thought of this?

It would be pretty cool to be able to access the forums from my phone rather than having to wait till I get home to check things such as war declarations out.

Idk I think it would be pretty cool.

I do have internet on my phone but using mobile site kinda suck sometimes. They don't really make it easy to navigate at times and can leave out/hide important features.

And there is still a bug that when you hold your phone on portrait mode on mobile on the forums, then the text in posts is only like 100 pixels wide, only wide enough for one word on each line, so that it starts wrapping around the screen. It makes it super hard to read. It's been like that for months now, too. pls fix eet staff pls

And there is still a bug that when you hold your phone on portrait mode on mobile on the forums, then the text in posts is only like 100 pixels wide, only wide enough for one word on each line, so that it starts wrapping around the screen. It makes it super hard to read. It's been like that for months now, too. pls fix eet staff pls
Then rotate your phone to landscape? It's not a hard issue to resolve.

Some phones have this feature disabled or not supported due to technical limitations.

Remember people, not everyone here has an iPhone or iPad, don't forget about Android and the Windows Phone.
Well if your calling hardware limitations then that phone won't be able to even run the app. Most phones and tablets are are to run websites and still display everything fairly well.

My guess is that the limitations are connected to XenForo and I don't think there is much the staff can do about it, except asking XenForo to make the forum easier to read on a phone/tablet.

When it comes to apps I have no idea how that would happen. As far as I know I don't think anyone in the staff have coded phone apps before and I still think XenForo is going to be a limit here as well.

Then rotate your phone to landscape? It's not a hard issue to resolve.
But why should I have to do this? It's clearly broken, and it needs fixing. It's very lazy to just say, "Well, if you do it slightly differently than how you would like it it works fine". And of course I do read it in landspace now, but I would really prefer to read the forums in portrait mode.

But why should I have to do this? It's clearly broken, and it needs fixing. It's very lazy to just say, "Well, if you do it slightly differently than how you would like it it works fine". And of course I do read it in landspace now, but I would really prefer to read the forums in portrait mode.
It not being lazy when the issue is not with the website it's just the display on your phone. You need to not just be able to say "oh an app would help me." When is reality, the "issue" can be easily fixed with out having an app to show the same thing.

It not being lazy when the issue is not with the website it's just the display on your phone. You need to not just be able to say "oh an app would help me." When is reality, the "issue" can be easily fixed with out having an app to show the same thing.
I never said I wanted the app though. That is not what I mean. I think this can be fixed within the website's CSS or Javascript files somewhere.