Archived Increase Dynmap Refresh Rate

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha5h

MassiveCraft 10+ Year Club
Reaction score
Faction
Rosespire
I am creating this thread to find any information concerning the lack of refresh rate on the DynMap. Would it be possible to review the system and see how often it refreshes? Would it be possible to increase the refresh rate? There are maps that have not refreshed in many days if not longer.

If the system is currently broken/disabled/etc please advise. I would like this thread to both inform the community since I am seeing an increase of concern about this very topic. Thanks guys!

@Gethelp @MonMarty

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Dynmap refreshes based on block alterations by players, and the subsequent chunk loading I think, but don't quote me on that- You'd need confirmation from the Dynmap documentation and Cayorion.

Dynmap refreshes based on block alterations by players, and the subsequent chunk loading I think, but don't quote me on that- You'd need confirmation from the Dynmap documentation and Cayorion.
Will do! Thnx for the quick reply. :)

There's also a problem, which I experience often, in which dynmap overlaps with another map. (In terms of faction claim and the world border). Not sure if this is something which could be looked into, too?

There's also a problem, which I experience often, in which dynmap overlaps with another map. (In terms of faction claim and the world border). Not sure if this is something which could be looked into, too?
If you are viewing the edge of the world in 3D view, then you will see that happen. Its because of the tilt of the world in relation to the claim. This is normal. Now if you change the view to top-down and see claims outside the red line then there is a problem.

I think you're actually referring to something that happens if you're too impatient. If you load up one map, and then switch over to another map before allowing it to load fully, it will dump the faction and player map on the next map you're loading in.

I've also noticed this distinct lack of updating for blocks with regards to the dynmap. Its been this way for at least a week, maybe more, since Raeth (Ithania) is about a week or 2 out of date.

Teled Methen: 2-4 weeks Still showing the old roads out of spawn, we have had 2 resets of the area after those, so 4 weeks.
My buildings looks the same as they did then as well. 4 week with no updates I belive.

Status
Not open for further replies.