Archived In-game Name Notifications

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Viintex

Master Smuggler
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faction
Brightshore
So I don't even know if this has been mentioned somewhere before, but if it has I'ma delete this ASAP. ANYWAY, I was thinking that you guys could possibly implement a system where if you @ someone's username or something in-game, it would make a noise to notify the player that someone is talking to them. There obviously should be an option to turn it on or off, and you could perhaps make it so only people on your friends/favourites list can notify you.

Other than that? idk. Just sounded like a smart idea, since I'm in game and on the forum most of the time, at the same time, and sometimes forget to check if someone is talking to me :3

(Don't forget to like if you agree :D)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can see how this idea would come to be useful.

YES INDEED. -High-fives-

It would certainly come in handy if we had this, though I often use emotes that don't address the nickname of the person in question, let alone the IGN. It may be of use to role-players if you could implement a sort of nickname recognization... Thing... if this were to become a reality. I dunno. Again, most of my emotes are like, "threw a punch at the brown-bearded brute after growling the threat through his teeth", or "glanced briefly at the blonde woman with a twinge of confusion". No names included ;~; ffhufhufh.

As someone who spends a good portion of my MC time grinding away in a darkroom this would help me considerably. Very often the text from people trying to talk to me just gets spammed away by all the mob death messages so I often miss what people are saying to me and I think a unique sound to grab my attention would help tremendously in fixing this issue for me.

+1 support

I think a friend of mine my previous server had something that would make a noise or notification when certain key words were said in chat. He fell off the internet though so I can't get a hold of him. If another mod like that exists out there I'd love to use it, it'd make multi-tasking way easier.

As someone who spends a good portion of my MC time grinding away in a darkroom this would help me considerably. Very often the text from people trying to talk to me just gets spammed away by all the mob death messages so I often miss what people are saying to me and I think a unique sound to grab my attention would help tremendously in fixing this issue for me.

+1 support
Yeah. Can be a huge problem.

I think a friend of mine my previous server had something that would make a noise or notification when certain key words were said in chat. He fell off the internet though so I can't get a hold of him. If another mod like that exists out there I'd love to use it, it'd make multi-tasking way easier.
Yeah. Considering the fact that they can create some amazing plugins already though, I would assume that they have the skills to produce something like this :)

There's a mod for highlighting words/names of your choice and is able to play a notification sound for you (the sound is adjustable too). Additionally you can also scroll even further up in your chat window than normally, create multiple chats that filters different words of your choice, increase/decrease the size of your chat window + move your chat to another part of your screen. It also saves a huge part of your recent chat history even if you log off or crash you'll still be able to see what people wrote in the chat the last time you were online.

TabbyChat:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...chat-v1-11-2-smp-chat-overhaul-new-maintainer

I hope this was useful.

There's a mod for highlighting words/names of your choice and is able to play a notification sound for you (the sound is adjustable too). Additionally you can also scroll even further up in your chat window than normally, create multiple chats that filters different words of your choice, increase/decrease the size of your chat window + move your chat to another part of your screen. It also saves a huge part of your recent chat history even if you log off or crash you'll still be able to see what people wrote in the chat the last time you were online.

TabbyChat:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...chat-v1-11-2-smp-chat-overhaul-new-maintainer

I hope this was useful.
Hmmm interesting.

Now if there was only a mod that would make a sound a few swings before my axe breaks I'd have no more problems in the darkroom. xD

On a side note I am aware you can see the durability of your weapons on your screen but I often zone out and end up destroying the weapon I am grinding with cause I forget to check. :/

TabbyChat:

I hope this was useful.
Sigh, Tabbychat. TabbyChat is a very extremely buggy mod right now, and its seemingly incompatible with MPM. So if you don't use MPM, great. Otherwise its one or the other.