Dated Proposed Amendment To Enchanting And General Balance Fixes Due To New In Game Changes.

Discussion in 'Factions' started by ShaylixLinx, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaylixLinx

ShaylixLinx

Sense the multiple in game changes to both the faction system and the rules we are forced to introduce work a-rounds to such. Like making 'sudo' factions under a general admin faction. Now this is somewhat manageable but can be extremely limiting in the effect of enforcing rules across the multiple sudo factions.

Now, what I propose is not a proposed balance to all in game changes but a few of the more notable ones.

One: Change the enchanting level of: max enchanting to 8, medium level to 4, and the lower level to 2.
    - This would compensate to the fact that Dark Room factions will no longer be a viable source of levels. It used to be that factions would set up an alt faction Dark Room and people would use that faction with compensation. Now due to the fact that they are banned for a year at minimum we must get used to the lack of enchanting that will be done. It would help if the enchanting levels were somewhat converted back to modern day minecraft levels, even more so with the minecraft vanilla mobs in the server.
    Two: Allow an admin faction to take control of specific alliances inside the faction. (Basically each alliance has it's own privileges.)
    - This would allow more hostel alliances to not have permission to teleport to a f-home while allowing other alliances to have full access to a faction. Even more so with sudo faction it would allow them to ally each other while still letting an admin faction to make changes to them. This would allow an admin faction that wants to collect tax or manipulate the sudo faction's privileges without having the other sudo factions, or allies of that sudo faction, being able to do the same. Even more so close factions could have elevated permissions when in times of war that would prevent f-home raiding though the /tp command.​

More quality of life concepts can happen later but these two issues are what I personally face and the members in my faction face as well. These concepts can also apply to other factions and the faction system as a whole. Please think about these changes and see if any can be put in.

Post Script: Also, a few more suggestions might be added but that's dependent on any other issues that arise.

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Enchantments are fine as is. Darkrooms exist on the server, both below faction claims and in the wilderness. You can get levels easily so there is no reason to change what exists.

As for number two, be careful who you ally. I've only allied factions that I actually have an alliance with in survival, or those who I know from years on the rp side of things who probably won't betray me. Everyone else I feel like reaching out to is truced, because I don't want 500 people wandering around my base if a member of one of those factions decides it would be a good time to inside an ally.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.