Played Character Iain Daly

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Ampers07, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

[​IMG]
    Tunes | Aesthetic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name:
    Iain Rhys Daly (pronounced Daily)
    Race: Ailor
    Sexuality: Bisexual -male leaning
    Eye Color: Green
    Culture: Gallovian (Aontaithe sub-group)

[​IMG]

Core Concept
    • Iain came to Regalia after completing his 10th year of private training according to instruction from his father. He was instructed to go to the Holy City and attempt to make a name for their family. Iain is a faithful follower of Fornoss mainly Njal.
    • Destined Familiar (Finnick the Listigsvart Stoat)- While wandering through a market during his tutoring years, the young Gallovian came across two Listigsvart Stoat for sale. Being in a cage that was too small for them, underweight and suffering from the beginning stages of hair loss Iain bought the little creatures, named the male Finnick the female Eimear has been caring for them ever since.
    [​IMG]

Proficiencies
    • Strength: 2
    • Constitution: 3
      • Shielding- Shield Block (Free-Ailor Buff 2)
      • Training- Rebound
      • Training- Rage Counter
      • Training- Interception
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity:3
      • Roguery Point Buy-Dagger Expert
      • Roguery Point Buy- Sharp Reflexes
      • Roguery Point Buy-Close Save
    • Arcane: 1
      • Radiant Point Buy- Radiant Relocate
    • Faith: 0
    • Languages:
      • Common
      • Aontaithe
      • Skodje
      • d'Ithanie
    [*]Iain and his brother Ryan were raised by their parents back home. Greagoir, his father, eventually sent the boys to private tutors to learn how to defend themselves. From there the boys lives mainly focused on training. Iain has several older and younger siblings and an even larger number of other family members back on the islands.

[*]Iain secretly wishes his poetry and smithing skills become well-known as the great epics his mother read to him and his siblings. He hasn’t gotten anything out yet even under a pseudonym but he wishes to do so soon. Iain also longs to find love like his parents. Both his mother and father had children with other people before meeting one another but once Greagoir and Ann met they were smitten. Iain yearns deeply for a love like theirs despite his memories of them being long ago and faded.

[​IMG]

Appearance Information

[​IMG]
    (art from @Scribbe )
    • Iain stand’s 6’2 with an athletic build. The Gallovian's hair is a burnt red color that he keeps neat, in a medium fade with the top a bit longer. His skin is tanned ivory and he weighs just around 195 pounds, maybe a couple of pounds or two more or less depending on the food availability.
    • Iain wears several sets of silver earrings near the top of each ear. And on his left forearm he has a solid black tattoo of a braided celtic markings.
    [​IMG]
    • Iain has a scar across the bridge of his nose, starting up toward the inner corner of his right eye trailing down across the bridge of his nose. Stopping a little over half was across and reappearing toward the left corner of his mouth along his cheek. The Gallovian also has a small scar on his left eyebrow from having a piercing ripped out by an enraged instructor after Iain was caught late to an event flirting with the instructor's lover.
    [​IMG]
    • Iain’s voice is warm, with a tenor tone and a thick Gallovian accent.
      • Speaks Skodje and d'Ithanie, aside from Common, fluently but still with an odd accent that alerts natives of his heritage.
    • Iain is a talented metal, wood, glass and leather worker. He started spending his free time, when he wasn’t writing during the night, around the local blacksmith. The man there allowed the little red-headed child to stay at his side and began teaching him the ins-and-outs of the trade. Iain became enamored by the ability to mold and manipulate the metals. He began sending requests to his father back home to send him books related to the trade of any kind.
      • Iain loves nature, everything about being outside no matter the setting, if he can see the sky he’s happy. He holds many memories of playing in the open green meadows alongside his brothers and sisters when he was a young boy. The greener the better but he loves the desert too. That dry sandy land will always have a strong hold on his heart. At a young age he learned how to tap into this world learning water, wind and earth magic in his homeland. There's a chance that he will get irritable if he's stuck inside for days at a time.
      • Iain’s a sucker for romance. If a lovely lady or good lookin’ lad bats their eyes at him he’d go to war for them...not even to get them into bed, just for their attention and affection. This has also gotten him in trouble in the past. Iain received this double edge sword from his father.
      • Iain loves and misses rainstorms. He was very fond of them as a child living on that stormy island but grew homesick thinking about them in the desert. One thing that he's looking forward to is being in the Holy City.
    • Dislikes
      • Iain can not stand anyone abusing a woman of any race. It sets fire to his core and angers the man. If the woman isn’t dealing with the issue he’ll step in and stand up for her. He hated to see his sisters made fun of when he was a child even from his own brother. He would always get into fights when picking on his sisters.
      • Iain despises a cowardly man. The sight of a man shying away from a fight or a challenge nearly sets the man into a rage and there's a chance that Iain may turn his aggression toward that individual. This may range from verbal assaults to actually attacking the person. For the past fifteen years of the Gallovian's life he was taught that cutting down a man was even an option for showing cowardice. However he's away that in Regalia his fellow man will likely not share this view.
    • Iain hated being sun-burnt. He spent many nights when he first arrived at his lancer tutor in agony because of the long hours of training. He hates the feeling now and begins to get irritated if he feels his skin burning. Granted it takes longer, fifteen years of getting baked left his skin more resistant to it now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Relationships

(Available to rp, Unavailable to rp -msg me if interested)

• Greagoir - Father-53
    • Anna (Maiden name- Farrell)- Mother-51
    • Ryan - Younger brother- 25
    • Cain - Younger Brother- 25
    • Roisin - Younger Sister- 23
    • Geralt -Older Brother-29
    • Maeve -Older Sister-31
    [​IMG]

Life Story

[​IMG]
    • Iain was born in the winter on December 12 to Greagoir and Anna Daly in Kinwrey. The family already had a mess of children between the two of them. When all of the Daly children were small Anna made it a point to make sure they all knew how to read and write. The Gallovian's mother had a passion for reading and writing poetry and obsessed herself with sharing that gift to all of her children.
    • At a young age Greagoir decided to send Iain and his younger brother Ryan to private combat teachers Iain to become a lancer while Ryan a swordsman. The first few years off the island were not kind to the boys. Those in charge of the scrawny Gallovian brothers were harsh on them as well as the other recruits putting them through long training sessions.
    • Over the years Iain and Ryan grew accustomed to the rigorous training at the school, the boys grew stronger and faster, learning everything they could during their stay at the school. Both took up Skodje and d'Ithanie while there as well. Learning through a mix of daily interactions with native speakers as well as from books. Becoming more fluent being able to speak to each other as they grew. After some time Iain showed interest in the local blacksmith, spending many of his free hours there when possible, while his younger brother showed promise as a leader.
    • Once the pair completed their training Iain decided to head to Regalia in an attempt to strengthen his family's name while his brother Ryan headed back home to take care of the family while Iain prepared himself to start a family branch in Regalia. After being in the Holy city for a while, Iain has done fairly little in terms of his goals to make his family or his writings known. His brother had already found a good Gallovian girl from back home and had plans to marry her and officially take over the leading of their little family back home. Iain had managed to land a few jobs mostly working for noble houses as a bodyguard but nothing that truly speaks to him or made him feel like he was doing anything worthwhile. Mostly finding his work being another noble man’s hired muscle.
    • Finally Iain secure work at a popular blacksmith in the city, working there through multiple owners until the business became a public domain, he now is starting his own business using his old stomping grounds as a base of operations until he can get his own building.
    [​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Ampers07, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  2. Laegjarna

Laegjarna Self-Proclaimed Worst at Everything.

Hey! How are you today?
    I'll be tossing in my two cents as a Peer Review!

Firstly, might is say that those dividers look really nice, very cultural also!

Fixes to your personality and traits section;
    • On your first paragraph;
      • You state that Iain is a very knightly character, whilst this form of moral code is apt for the school he attended, I suggest you make note of the rather cold demeanor that comes alongside the fighting skill of Allra-Alhis. Possibly his appearance gives of that sort of vibe? Especially the lack of flinching, intimidating.
    • On your second paragraph;
      • You aptly state his intentions and his confidences in these, and whilst redundant for an Allra-Alhis student, possibly stating a social or mental anxiety may add more flavor to him as a character. A suggestion may be re-integrating with a more social, and less brutal society, as he's not been in the crown isle for long.
    • On your third paragraph;
      • Whilst this recommendation won't fix anything, as it looks great already, might I suggest adding another sentence or so to explain how he responds when a family member or friend shows cowardice, or fear? Allra-Alhis warriors will typically forsake even loved ones for doing such.
    • On your fourth paragraph;
      • Again, possibly mention how he acts around those that are cowardly, from what I read, he sounds more like a proud Viridian than an Allra-Alhis. Whilst this may just be his nature, the mental strain from his training is very likely to have had an impact.
    Moving swiftly onward to your Skill section!
    • On your strength of "Talented Writer"
      • Possibly state whomever instructed him to read, and how long he's been literate for. Notice that he wouldn't be able to cultivate his skill in writing due to his lengthy training hours and working with the Farah'deen smiths. As such, I suggest expanding on this fact by stating it in his childhood, or changing it to something else. Possibly something he strives to improve on? Of course, a natural knack for writing can always be a choice too!
    • Overall for this section!
      • Not much to change, clearly understood and well written.
    Ah, almost done here! Onto the life story!
    • Again, state where he learned to read and write in your life story.
    • Possibly expand a little into his likes and dislikes? Where did they arise from? This is a little nitpicky, but will add more flavor to Iain as a character.
    • Other than that, this section seems fine too!
    Now, it's down to you whether you make these changes, but guidelines are good, no?
    Happy Editing!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

@Ampers07 The proposed edits are worth considering and I ask that you tag me once edits, if any, are applied to the application.

4. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

I thought so as well :) might have yourself a good reviewer here, working on edits right now and will tag when finished.

5. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

6. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

7. HydraLana

Info Expanded swallowed the Skill Section unless that was the intent.

Regardless, approved.

8. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

lol Oops..it wasn't do you want me to fix?

9. HydraLana

Up to you, just informing you of a minor viewing issue. I did of course, find it eventually but no need to tag me if you do fix it.

10. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

Alrighty, I fixed it just to make it easier, thanks again. Don't forget my tag.~

#10 Ampers07, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  11. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana I updated Iain's app with the new system, updates in green.

12. HydraLana

My three review points are simple: First, please add the titles of "Name:", "Age:" etc onto the Basic Information section, they are not presently there for some reason. I ask that you limit down his weapon of choice because you basically state he enjoys using his whole arsenal. What one weapon in that arsenal does he use the most or enjoys the most? The section point is that Talents are no longer part of the Template, I ask that you delete that section. Tag me once these edits have been completed.

13. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

14. HydraLana

15. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana Updated my boyo with the new culture, app template and aged him a smidge. All is in green.

16. HydraLana

Re-approved.

17. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

18. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

I love The High Kings, The Wild Rover is an amazing song

19. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana I made some edits, they're in green up there.

20. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana updated the boy with the new points system, updates in green!

22. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

23. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana Updated his points with the hobby and body stat stuff in green.

24. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

25. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana updated his points and linage finally in green

26. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

27. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@HydraLana Bringing iain back again. Gonna give myself something to focus on aside from nobility. I need a full re-review.

28. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review!

APPROVED

29. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@Yurs noticed I didn't have any of the Ailor specials marked, added them and reworked his points in green!

30. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! You currently have 11 unspent points, not 12. This is super minor though, so feel free to just correct it when you can!

APPROVED

31. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

Got it, thank you <3

32. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@Yurs Updated and need a full re-review!

33. Volaie

Volaie Honest Citizen Supremium

Approved.

34. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@Volaie Updated Iain per the Ailor update, nothing major, mostly word changes

35. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch

36. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@BiBiBirdie Updated Iain per the magics update! Up there in Green

37. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review

38. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

@Ampers07 You've currently invested 15/14 points, please remove one investment, and corresponding pack if applicable. You'll need to update the Melee investments, Unarmed Pack doesn't exist any more and the rough ability gained from Polearm Pack is now under the Unyielding Pack. You cannot multi invest into the same pack, so remove the numbers next to the Metallurgy and Wood craft packs. @tag me when edits are made.

39. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

Yea, I did this like just before the combat prof update. I'll get around to updating him after I get my other character hashed out but thank you <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  40. Ampers07

Ampers07 Ampers07

@ChapterDeath Alrighty got him updated, and fixing the lil issues. Updates and edits up there in green!