Archived Hunger Games To Massivecraft

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisVenom

The Venomous
Reaction score
Hello MassiveCraft :) I'm sure many of you have heard of the Minigame - Hunger Games, or many of you may like to call it, The Survival Games. The Hunger Games is actually based off the offical Movie, and the books, and due to such relation between Minecraft Items and Hunger Games, I'm guessing the founder decided to make such game. Now, the Server Regalia and the Minigame Hub runs is quite left with so much space left throughout the day, so I am suggesting that Massivecraft either, create their own plugin of Automated Hunger Games, or gain one from bukkit. I will now show you a video, by CaptainSparklez, recording his hunger games gameplay.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I dont think Massivecraft needs the Hunger Games. Also Survival Games is owned by a diffrent server company, so people might think its a rip off. I personally dont want hg on Massivecraft.

The whole Massivecraft is basicly a survival game. You either die by hunger or die by a player.

In my opinion i dont fits for Massivecraf :) .

It could fit in massivecraft if you think about it. Through out history men have died for the amusement of the king.

Well most mini games in Minecraft aren't related to medieval times anyway so might as well let the kids have fun.

...More people out of Ithania that way.

Don't worry soon the masses will move to new ceardia.

no no no. we don't need to have hunger games, else we get suggestions for other things and ask it become a "everything" server -shudders-. keep it simple please. While the whole bring people to fight to the death in massive craft could be done better then with hunger games.

Well...you have a size of a Ellador for HungerGame which is in Massivecraft itself, perhaps..a diffrent kind of HungerGame may help?

No. Oh God, no. We will have a swarm of players who are only there for hunger games. The non-premiums can't get into the server because of the hunger games players. Then they say the hunger gamers aren't real players and this is an RP server, not a hunger games server. The end result is a server-wide flame war, resulting in a shut down of the forums. No RP characters can be checked for lore compliance. Nearly 2 years of hard work by the staff gone just like that.

It's for the minigame hub ...
He is right. This has nothing to do with the MassiveCraft medieval universe or anyone's roleplay. If you haven't been to the multiverse hub, you should. The medieval universe and the mini game universe are, well different universes. They have no correlation to each other. With the hierarchy of this system, things like a massivecraft sci-fi universe or a massivecraft wild-west universe have potentials to be added, with no relation to each other or the medieval universe.

No. Oh God, no. We will have a swarm of players who are only there for hunger games. The non-premiums can't get into the server because of the hunger games players. Then they say the hunger gamers aren't real players and this is an RP server, not a hunger games server. The end result is a server-wide flame war, resulting in a shut down of the forums. No RP characters can be checked for lore compliance. Nearly 2 years of hard work by the staff gone just like that.
That's ridiculous, yet luckily obliterated by my last post.

He is right. This has nothing to do with the MassiveCraft medieval universe or anyone's roleplay. If you haven't been to the multiverse hub, you should. The medieval universe and the mini game universe are, well different universes. They have no correlation to each other. With the hierarchy of this system, things like a massivecraft sci-fi universe or a massivecraft wild-west universe have potentials to be added, with no relation to each other or the medieval universe.

Thank You! Someone who reads the context. That's like saying, remove all our mini-games, this is just literally another minigame.

Out of all this... Really their are servers with tons of people on them playing hunger games...
Don't make a big production out of it... This server really isnt made for hunger games since it tries its best to stick with the more older times of civilization, hunger games is based off the future... That would be stupid to me

Out of all this... Really their are servers with tons of people on them playing hunger games...
Don't make a big production out of it... This server really isnt made for hunger games since it tries its best to stick with the more older times of civilization, hunger games is based off the future... That would be stupid to me
It's a minigame, c'mon. Have you seen the quake arena? It doesn't have to correlate with the time period of the medieval universe.

Hello MassiveCraft :) I'm sure many of you have heard of the Minigame - Hunger Games, or many of you may like to call it, The Survival Games. The Hunger Games is actually based off the offical Movie, and the books, and due to such relation between Minecraft Items and Hunger Games, I'm guessing the founder decided to make such game. Now, the Server Regalia and the Minigame Hub runs is quite left with so much space left throughout the day, so I am suggesting that Massivecraft either, create their own plugin of Automated Hunger Games, or gain one from bukkit. I will now show you a video, by CaptainSparklez, recording his hunger games gameplay.
If massive craft could copy one from bukkit and makes its own spin I think it could be a good idea, the multiverse is almost pointless, maybe they should add it as a universe and not a minihub game?

That's what I said ...

I don't appreciate the read more rating, what I mean is it would have to be announced in such a way as there is no chance people will think massivecraft is becoming a hunger games server and act like that in rp. I don't want to walk around and see hunger games themed buildings and rp character in the normal server.

If people want to go play the Hunger Games, they can simply go on a server completely dedicated to that.

It's a minigame, c'mon. Have you seen the quake arena? It doesn't have to correlate with the time period of the medieval universe.

Yeah actually your right cowboys, I now see your point... I only really can make suggestions though i was banned a while back and i desperately miss this server hoping that my next ban appeal will be accepted. But still either way having hunger games may effect other things, like the population in some areas, but only small effected to people related things the real problem is how the plugins can or cannot be compatible with the others... And cmon don't put pressure on poor Cayorian to handle all that when he is already busy enough, but it is his choice so I don't have much say ^^.

I don't appreciate the read more rating, what I mean is it would have to be announced in such a way as there is no chance people will think massivecraft is becoming a hunger games server and act like that in rp. I don't want to walk around and see hunger games themed buildings and rp character in the normal server.
its a minigame ... We have around 15 atm and no body takes Rp differently, what harm would 1 more do?

And cmon don't put pressure on poor Cayorian to handle all that when he is already busy enough, but it is his choice so I don't have much say ^^.
Suggestions are more of a place of discussion, few of them actually process, and I doubt the staff feel pressured or really obliged to implement every suggestion with positive feedback. Anyways, it would not be top priority and there's no rush to decide whether or not it will exist at any time in the massivecraft future.

Suggestions are more of a place of discussion, few of them actually process, and I doubt the staff feel pressured or really obliged to implement every suggestion with positive feedback. Anyways, it would not be top priority and there's no rush to decide whether or not it will exist at any time in the massivecraft future.

I pretty much just said this in a different way :P

Trolledpan you're making it sound like minigames are killing Massivecraft. If that's the case, why do we have a minigame universe? Last time I checked, the minigame universe has nothing to do with the medieval universe. Why do you have so little faith in the community? You state that if we were to try anything different from medieval roleplay the community would somehow tear itself apart. You state that we can go on other servers for Hunger Games. In that case, why not go on other servers for pvp? Why don't all the builders on Massivecraft go on creative or survival servers to build? Why don't all the pvpers on Massivecraft go to other pvp servers? Why don't the roleplayers go on pure roleplay servers, where pvp doesn't exist? The answer to that question is the community. People stay on Massivecraft because of its community, and that's the same reason people want Hunger Games on Massivecraft. I want to play a fun game with other members of this community. I want to get a chance to compete against and kill other active and friendly members of Massivecraft. Its the same reason why the huge siege games organized by MrHappyTinkles are so fun. If you go to those siege games you can see tons of very well known and active people on Massivecraft, and its really fun to play a game of siege with them. I like the idea of having Hunger Games on Massivecraft.

First, there is absolutely no reason why we can not have hunger games in Massivecraft. Second, I still say no, for the very simple reason of: Why? Why should we? There are literally 20 or so at least hunger games only servers out there, not including the ones that have it on the side. If our players want to play massivecraft, let them play it for the role-play, not the minigames. That said, I do like the idea of playing hunger games with other players from massive. if we were to make a hunger games minigame that is only available to someone with at least 10 total power level, or something else to make sure they play the actual game, then maybe it would be worth it. But I do not want a bunch of hunger games players who just see the word hunger games, and have no idea about anything with the rest of the server. We have enough noobs who don't do anything useful as it is.

You want hunger games go to kelmoria. The only people there who don't kill you are the people who can't.

I would love a manual player-wide hunger games, everybody in a patch of open warzone, and an event hosted by somebody every weekend or so that would be better than a whole new arena, a new plugin, etc.

Just my thoughts on it. I also would like to add that this would be a lot, maybe too much effort to maintain with the current recruitment of staff.

Trolledpan you're making it sound like minigames are killing Massivecraft. If that's the case, why do we have a minigame universe? Last time I checked, the minigame universe has nothing to do with the medieval universe. Why do you have so little faith in the community? You state that if we were to try anything different from medieval roleplay the community would somehow tear itself apart. You state that we can go on other servers for Hunger Games. In that case, why not go on other servers for pvp? Why don't all the builders on Massivecraft go on creative or survival servers to build? Why don't all the pvpers on Massivecraft go to other pvp servers? Why don't the roleplayers go on pure roleplay servers, where pvp doesn't exist? The answer to that question is the community. People stay on Massivecraft because of its community, and that's the same reason people want Hunger Games on Massivecraft. I want to play a fun game with other members of this community. I want to get a chance to compete against and kill other active and friendly members of Massivecraft. Its the same reason why the huge siege games organized by MrHappyTinkles are so fun. If you go to those siege games you can see tons of very well known and active people on Massivecraft, and its really fun to play a game of siege with them. I like the idea of having Hunger Games on Massivecraft.

Did you even read my post? I never said the minigames universe (such as siege and quake) would cause a server-wide flame war.

Edit: My faith in the community is influenced by others faith in the community. Somebody on one of my suggestions said 3/4 of the server would leave if we added mods such as MoarW00pinsV1337. I also have little faith because I recruit people for Sicarius and a lot of them end up never coming back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.