Huguelin Von Tulgast

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by HodlinG, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
?

spare me a penny sir?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. *kicks ur face*

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. *eats the penny*

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. I'm a ma'am???

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic Information
    • Full Name
      • Huguelin von Tulgast
    • Sexuality
      • Homosexual
    • Race
      • Half Ailor/Qadir
    • Ethnicity
      • Leutz-Vixe
    • Main Ambition
      • Excessively Greedy, Acquiring wealth is Huguelin’s main focus. Often through honest means like a job. Though he has no reservations against mooching off his friends or taking things that don't quite belong to him.
    • Birthdate
      • May 27th, 285 AC
    • Known Languages
      • Leutz and Common.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skill Information

• School
      • La Mariposa Bailarina
    • Level
      • Warrior
    • Source:
      • Two years learning from a private tutor before enrollment at the Fonseca estate where he was taught for the next four years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Visual Information
    • Eye Color
      • Pale Green
    • Hair Color
      • Dark red
    • Hair Style
      • Neat and trimmed
    • Skin Color
      • Light Qadir Brown
    • Clothing
      • Varied, Blue attire.
    • Height
      • Five foot eight
    • Body Build
      • Skinny
    • Weapon of Choice
      • The Longsword
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personality and Abilities
    1. An air of enthusiasm is ever present around the boy. He is obsessed with the acquisition of friends and will not skimp on large amounts of flattery to get into somebody’s good graces. Though he also possesses an immensely short temper, one that flares up easily over small slights or disagreements, poorly controlled by the half-breed. Though not everybody will share the same opinion of him, generally he is known to be an empathetic and soft-spoken individual. And this is how he portrays himself to any strangers if his mood is not terribly unagreeable.
    2. As a Schizophrenic, Huguelin has a very poor grasp on his imagination, living in a world entrenched in delusions, enforced by hallucinations. Ranging from being barely there to episodes of vivid hearings and seeings. These episodes bring paranoia of invisible, sometimes nonsensical threats. Ones that he can not fully be convinced of their non-reality, even as he comes out of these episodes. As a half-breed, Huguelin had quite a few moments where he felt like he didn't belong. Though such feelings are usually kept bottled up, not allowed to surface, it is more or less the cause for his constant need to get into somebody's graces. He likes when people like him, it makes him feel like he belongs, it validates him.
    3. His friends will likely know what it is to be pestered. Unrepaid favors, money, anything. Huguelin can not help but be a drain on friends who would indulge him. And no telling off could get him off of the backs of those who don’t. However, he does not see his friends as merely an exploitable avenue, he is deeply concerned and overprotective of them, often ready to drop everything to help or interact with them.
    4. The well-being of other people is a sacred thing to Huguelin, and his training with the mariposa often comes to blows with a genuine desire not to hurt anybody. Though, inflicting physical pain is where his reservations begin and end. He has no issues with robbing somebody blind, cheating them. In fact, he'll do just about anything to somebody if it would benefit him, especially where money is concerned.
    Talents
    • Nimble
      • A combination of his short stature, slight build and Mariposa education. The boy is decently quick on his feet. Though this is more readily shown off in combat, rather than a situation where he’d be forced to flee. Where he’d do so with no small amount of flailing and likely tripping over things.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Life Story

• Birth
      • Huguelin was conceived through a series of flings between the boy's father and a Qadir woman who had recently immigrated to Brissiaud. Huguelin's father, Ludicke, showed the woman a tenderness he didn't share with anybody else.
      • He housed her and spent many of his days with her. Though he expressed indifference over the upcoming arrival of his bastard child. That indifference dissolved, as soon as the woman gave birth and died because of it. Ludicke was livid, he detested the child, wanted nothing to do with it. Turned his back on him.
      • Only one other person had any emotion towards the child, his uncle. The man loved children, had some of his own and he had been a friend to Ludicke's lover. He couldn't stand to see Huguelin abandoned. So he took him in, no matter how much his brother protested.
    • Childhood
      • Huguelin was constantly upset by the distance of his father. He quickly began to dislike being around him as much as the man did him and it was with this in mind that his uncle eventually decided to leave Brissiaud, taking his wife, his children and Huguelin with him.
      • They were able to afford a nice, though small, house in the city.
    • La Mariposa
      • The child had, for awhile, became gradually interested in fighting with a sword. This interest hit its peak by the time he was eleven when he witnessed a wandering Mariposa tutor advertising his skills. It was only natural that Huguelin begged his uncle to hire him, he was ecstatic when the man accepted.
    • Tutoring
      • Huguelin practiced under the man for two full years before the trainer felt comfortable enough to admit him for enrollment at the Fonseca estate, something the boy accepted quickly. His farewell to his uncle and cousins was quick and impatient before he traveled to Daendroque.
    • School
      • Though there was an initial resistance to his enrollment, on the grounds of him being only half Ailor, it was not a very strong complaint and disappeared quickly with a little pressing from the boy’s tutor. And eventually they too parted ways and Huguelin entered the estate for the first time, eager.
      • Though, that eagerness didn't last. As he was forced to relearn everything he had been thought before. His frustration ran high, though he was never pushed to leave, despite having thought about it multiple times. Eventually, it just became something he got used to.
      • He spent four years in those halls. Four years before he’d managed to reach enough ability with the art to formally graduate from the school. He was relieved to finally be able to go home.
    • Onset
      • Though things were good for a year after he returned, things began to change a few months after Huguelin turned eighteen.
      • He began to go through vivid hallucinations, often striking him in episode-like states and leaving him paranoid of non-existent dangers, eventually bleeding onto his close family. There were times where he separated himself completely from them, though his paranoias are hardly focused. A new fear always stole the center stage, so he would eventually feel comfortable enough to be around his family.
      • But he never really forgets why he was afraid, or felt he was wrong to.
    • Current Day
      • In the next few years he managed to find a place of his own, though he once again became somewhat reclusive from his family. As, recently, more and more of them have begun to migrate to the Crown Isle, including his father.
      • The rest is history.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 HodlinG, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

I am claiming this very beautiful application for staff review!
    Expect a response within 48 hours.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

are you trying to make me blush sir

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. Percuriam

Let's get this review started!
    @HodlinG
    Whatcha gotta do: ( Required)
    • Main ambition: Ah, greed. This is a good one, but I would ask that you add a short sentence or two explanation about how he is going to accomplish his goals.
    • Basic Information: In the future try and keep any extra information out of this section so it remains cluttered. It didn't hamper my review so I'll let it slide this time.
    • Personality and Abilities: These should all be 4-5 complete sentences.
      • First Paragraph: Add two more sentences here. If someone heard about this character, what would they think? What about first impressions?
      • Second Paragraph: Mental Illness is something that is scrutinized. Make sure before you go about roleplaying out any tendencies like Schizophrenia that you do plenty of research. If this isn't important to the character I would recommend removing it, as you will definitely be scrutinized for roleplaying something like this. You will also need to write several sentences here to actually explain how he feels about himself, discuss his insecurities and anything he may be shy about sharing.
      • Fourth Paragraph: Consider rewording this paragraph, as it seems a bit confusing to me.
    • Life Story:
      • Made sure to add in his economic status and if he has any siblings.
    Everything else looks pretty good. Made your edits in the color of your choice, and you'll be good to go.

5. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

@Percuriam

Made the edits!

As for the point of his mental illness, I feel fairly confident in my ability to portray it. Though I can't claim to be an expert on the condition at all, this character is a replacement of a recently shelved chara who had this same thing going on. And I only made that one after a long series of talks with a friend here on massive who actually does have schizophrenia. And since I started playing that character I've only been told, especially by that friend, that I handled the portrayal realistically and respectively. Though it is not something this character would not work without, It'd subtract from the enjoyment quite a bit. To be honest, I enjoyed playing a Schizo a lot. And I still do.

Also, the extra stuff I put into the basic info are just things I've seen in a variety of accepted applications, and I kind of liked them so I decided to put them in.

6. Percuriam

Sorry for the delay! All the edits look good to me, and there this application is --

Approved!

7. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

8. Percuriam

Re-Approved.

Sorry for the wait!