Her Faith

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by FatDumplingGrace, Nov 18, 2022.

1. FatDumplingGrace

FatDumplingGrace Refugee

Yalaune had never been a part of faith her entire life, from childhood she had trouble understanding why she would worship something people feared. When she had to bury her first husband after the attack that left her scarred, she vowed to never have faith again. Surely, if the Gods were content on letting her be cursed by her own brother, then they never had a place in her life? They never cared, nor cared to, a mortal who’s problems were far below their own.

But then she met Arazoth, the Teledden who stepped into her life and offered her a new direction. A faith that wasn’t quite a faith, but rather a practice. Tarot cards, herbs, brews, poppets, spells for hair growth and spells to seek revenge. At first she declined in his teachings, angry at the world that had provided her nothing. But as life continued, she met a new man, Gregior. The two began an unlikely friendship, which soon blossomed into a relationship. A Purist with an Anti-Purist, a strange combo as Gregior knelt with a ring in his hand. Now twisting the diamond band on her ring finger, the Fin’ullen thought about religion, how she had indeed taken up Arazoth’s teachings, it made her feel better.

Then she met Baker, someone who was a lot different than Adam. Kind, a bit eccentric, but an overall good man who just wanted the best out of his employee’s. The thoughts of Adam and her curse were thought of less and less, as the struggles of Regalia and her own life came to head. Then she met the Priest of Amelaan, the Death Goddess, who spoke of the teachings of Estellon and the drive for perfection. She talked to Shepard and the other Cahal, how they were tired of fighting for the scraps the Void Plague had left, the scraps the State had left, and now with the Ministry? She felt invigorated, for once in her life, to help these people.

So a deal was made, Shepard would teach her all that she would like to know about being a Cahal, about Estellon, about their drive for perfection, and after a time of thought and ponder, he offered her a chance to truly help them out. She would become better, stronger, faster, with aid she had only dreamed of. Sure, Adam’s curse would still be present, but this great gift Shepard was offering made it seem like a tiny needle. She could finally protect, she could finally heal, she could finally help others. To be perfect. She felt Adam’s curse slowly slipping more and more away as the days toward the date drew closer, as she felt the warmth of the Teledden’s gaze grow stronger. This is what he wanted, this is what she wanted. She glanced down at the acceptance letters for the Serpent’s Hollow and The Syndicate with a blank stare, the memories of the Void friends she had made…it pained her to admit, but she wasn’t sure if they would like her anymore. She would have to plunge into the abyss by herself, with no help aside from two very special people.

A letter would be left at the respected places the Guild heads liked to frequent:

Throughout my short time at the Guild, I have grown fond of the people within the Sewers and Emergency Exit, my thoughts of burning the Ministry down and people to do it, filled me with great glee. Though as the days passed, I’ve been discussing matters of faith with a Priest of Estellon, a kind man who only wishes to see the best in what I offer. The road that lies ahead for me swerves off from the one provided by the Guild, so instead of trying to fit a square in a round peg, I’ve decided to take my leave. I hope you will now just consider me ‘Baker’s Apprentice’ instead of ‘Guild-Member’, and as always, I will give you half of the free cookies I promised. I will of course help supply the guild and help Baker, but that will be my duties ending there. I hope you do not consider our relationship tainted by my acknowledgement of converting to Estellon, and I hope I’m still allowed within Emergency Exit. Please do inform me if this isn’t the case.

-Yala @KitchenRefugee

I have always understood Katharic, I took a class on it when I was young. I’m now a Disciple of Amelaan, so I’m not sure if I’ll be allowed back into the Guild. If not, see you later loser.

-Yala @Gwyndo

After writing the letters, her hand hovered over the fireplace, holding in her hands the acceptance letters. With a soft sigh, she opened her hand and watched the letters fall and crumble into the fireplace, setting ablaze the once promises. She wasn’t sure what laid ahead, but whatever it was going to be…

It was going to be perfect.