He Watches Us

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Lionfiles, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Lionfiles

Lionfiles in love with aleksandra

He Watches Us

An excerpt from the Candle Light Memorial, October 17, 309 AC.

"I am Aleksandra Dragic, a fellow Unionist, albeit an Evintarian one. You may not agree completely with my views and I may not agree with yours as well. Even so, we all come here today in front of the cathedral to remember the people who died in the Crisis. I was on the front lines most of the time, fighting battle after battle. I saw men and women fall to the sanguine and beasts beside me. I was also a gate guard throughout the entire time. One group of people I wish to speak about were the Velheim mercenaries who fought with us against those cruel beasts. They could have not even believed in Unionism. But as Unionists, we must make sure to remember their cause, their suffering, for our Holy Empire. They were buried with hurry, hopefully before any other of the sanguine had arrived." Aleksandra places her hands behind her neck, unshackling the chain necklace around it. It was etched with a depiction of Vlaas Kade. "We must follow in the ways of the God Emperors and Empresses! In the ways of the Heroes! And in the way of the Everwatcher! He watches us all! He understands our pain! He understands that we will prevail as we continue to show our fervent cause to him! If you were there at Calvonth, he showed himself." She points to the sky, a sad smile appearing on her face. "He cleansed us of sanguinism! He showed us the way! He is always watching us!" Finally, she lowers her hand. "We remember those that have fallen, but we must continue on. For our Empire. For the Everwatcher."

This is mainly so others can read it, even if they weren't there. As well as a way to have it somewhere for myself.

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    #1 Lionfiles, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021