Harric Longsae

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Vivo_Et_Vincam, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Vivo_Et_Vincam

Vivo_Et_Vincam The Walking Spreadsheet

proxy_form.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic Information
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Full Name: Harric van der Veer (Longsae branch)
    • Titles: Count of the Veer, Baron of Valdepoort, Baron of Norreck, Defender of the Veer, Commander of the Grand Company, Commander of the Fourth Company
    • Nicknames: Longsae (used by those who dislike him)
    • Race: Anglian Ailor
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Skill Information
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Points: 32

• +10 Heavy Bow Combat Skill (+10 Culture)
    • +5 Blades Combat Skill (+5 from Points)
    • +10 Unarmed Combat Skill (+10 from Points)
    • +5 Hunting Knowledge (+5 from Points)
    • +10 Marshal Knowledge (+10 from Points)
    • +2 Musical Arts (+2 from Points)
    Body Shape

• 25 (+25 from Combat Prof (Unarmed*2+Blades)
    • Ripped
    • Low Body Fat
    Languages

• Anglian (Learned from childhood)
    • Alt Anglian (Learn from childhood)
    • Common (A given)
    Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Blue
    • Hair Color: Black
    • Hair Style: Trimmed and well kept
    • Skin Color: Pale
    • Clothing: A red and white suit usually, in either Anglian or Ithanian style.
    • Height: 6’4
    Personality and Abilities

• First Paragraph: Harric in public is seen as stoic and reserved, often keeping his emotions to himself, quiet and calculative. In the rare occasions he speaks, he usually is seen as blunt or even occasionally rude. The latter of the two occasionally by rumors may be proved wrong, due to his often charitable nature to those in need. He often is seen as rude do to his lack of etiquette, and a blunt way of speaking to even others of the peerage, when speaking to those he finds disrespectful or simply cares not to impress. In some occasions he simply won't talk to people or reply to their comments if he is not in the mood to do so. Harric often is thrown into mental battles with others of the peerage due to something he said, or a topic he kept silent about, as of his reserved nature, making conversation with much of the peerage difficult for him without becoming a battle of wits.

• Second Paragraph: On the inside, Harric is as emotionally distant as he is in public, this distancing of himself from others tends to be from a fear of his. The fear of being reliant on others. Harric wishes to think himself as independent, and free. To any of those who threaten that freedom of his, he will throw everything he has at them to regain it. Due to the recent destruction of his cousin whom took the position of Baron of Valdepoort, as well as the death of the Baroness of Valdepoort before him, Harric finds his position very precarious and especially with current politics, unstable. Harric did not want the title of Baron in the first place, he was content with Aeoraed having it, yet now that he has it he works to keep it, instead of expanding the power and influence of his house, trying to keep what power they have in their struggle.
    • Third Paragraph: To even friends and family, Harric is often reserved and still stoic, distancing himself as much as he can, yet showing kindness and occasionally smiling or showing small amounts of emotion to them. He wants to make sure those he cares about feel wanted, and wants to make sure they have everything they need. He is extremely generous and often gives gifts to those he cares about. If he is extremely close to them he will drop the stoic wall and give them his anxieties and thoughts.
    • Fourth Paragraph: Harric is Neutral Good, doing what he thinks is right and just even if the masses are not on his side in how he does it. He follows his Code of keeping his word above all else, but beyond that, if it helps those he cares about, he will do it, then and there, to protect them and enact justice on those who do wrong, often quite cruel in his punishment of those who do wrong.
    Hunting: He did this often as a child, and loves to do so. He likes the quiet that comes with it as well.

Dislikes
    Deceit: He does follow the Longsaean Code after all....

Fears
    U/N

Relationships
    Gallus Tyrannian: +20
    He has immense respect for the man, even though he has not been seen for quite some time, he is what Harric wishes to become.

Sigrid Sterke-enn: +10
    Respectful and honorable, even moreso than some of the people I might call Knights.

Jocelyn von Duerr: +10
    She did save my life after being attacked by a Varghul

Dianne Black: +10
    Another doctor during the Varghul attack, he finds her to be kind

Ansgar Blackjaw: +10
    He is a nice fellow with good company of friends, but I don't think he addressed me by title once.

Ana de Letoirineau: +5
    She seems kind, albeit a bit distant, likely from our house's rocky relationship.

Olivier de Letoirneau: +5
    Nice chap, but he insulted me in the past. A little wary around him.

Christopher Black: +5
    A good man, but what's his deal with parrots?

Siegfried von Rahm: -10
    I know not what to make of the man, but from what I have heard, he isn't the most trustworthy.

Wilhelm von Dietrich: -15
    The man's challenged me to a duel near every time we meet.

Abelhard Rote: -20
    Accused me of being a pervert and insulted my family many times. The definition of a cunt.

Rodrigo Peirgarten: -20

Uses deceit and dishonorable methods to get what he wants. Completely what a Longsae is not meant to be. However, he respects this man, as you can respect your enemy, especially due to recent relations.

Hengest Harhold: -50
    Must I go into detail, he did invade my home. Prideful and Arrogant, he's everything I hate in a man.

Life Story

Harric grew up in the Angle Veer, son of Harric, who named him Harric Oaed Longsae. Harric grew extremely close in childhood to his cousin, Aeoraed, and his brother, Ansell, often leaving the rest of the family out, and keeping his emotions reserved. He had problems opening up to his father and uncle, as they would not listen to him, forcing him into a strict childhood of his Code and training for battle. In the time that he was away from the House Estate in the Barony of Valdepoort, Harric would spend his time hunting in the woods, or playing war with Ansell, Warric, and their gang of friends, which would pretend to fight battles. Unlike his cousin Warric, he would often play the part of the tactician, rather than a soldier or knight. He slowly but surely progressed the ability for tactics and strategy, taking after his grandfather in becoming the military leader of the House.

At the age of ten, his grandfather gave up his patriarchy to his second son, Aelfric Longsae, the uncle of Harric. Harric’s father was furious with his grandfather for not passing it to him, and destroying his right as first born. Harric’s father put a deep distrust of even family members into Harric’s mind, teaching him that even those you love can one day betray you. His Uncle Aelfric, his cousin Aeoraed and he fought with unarmed combat and sometimes with blades, learning to defend their House and defend the weak. This gave Harric a strong sense of honor, and duty to those he calls friends and family.

From the age of twenty one, Harric was extremely stoic, emotionally reserved, even more than before. When his uncle apparently committed adultery, birthing Viresh Longsae, Harric was devastated, along with Aeoraed and the rest of the young ones of his House. Aelfric went missing a few days after the House found out, before the Elders that were to give his punishment gave their verdict. Many of the Longsae’s to this day do not know what happened to him, but Harric had his suspicions. At the time, Aeoraed was fourteen, and took on the patriarchy of the family, but at that point, Harric ran the House, training Aeoraed in the ways, along with his grandfather, in patriarchy.

At the age of twenty six, he met a woman named Marina Longsae, who soon became the love of his life. They birthed a daughter, named Elle, and Harric for the first time broke his stoic wall for someone. This break would not happen again in the current portion of his life he has lived. Four years later, the Barony of Valdepoort, where his family was positioned, entered a crisis where they lacked a Baron, and no heir. His House fought with another one of the local lords, named House Overvelde, and took over the Barony, Aeoraed running it until the recent Writ of Sin, Harric finally getting the patriarchy he deserved from his father’s birthright.

At the year 307 AC, war erupted between the Northern Pact (Sorenvik, Viduggla, Krupp, von Rahm, von Bruhl, and Sterke-enn) where von Rahm left and von Bruhl lost, against the Calemberg Alliance (Ravenstad Typhonus Drache and later von Rahm). Harric did not support this war, but he did support a similar war in the colonies where it was Sterke-enn, Viduggla, Blackjaw and van der Veer versus Rote and Peirgarten, taking command of troops aiding against the aggressor Rote and their ally to return stability to the colonies.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Vivo_Et_Vincam, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

3. Vivo_Et_Vincam

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. BillyTheScruffy

I will be reviewing this application.

Skill Information
    • There is no 'Hard Bow Combat' skill. Please change this to Heavy Bow Combat.
    • Your character is 32 years old but you have his total points listed at 35. Correct this.
    Personality and Abilities
    • First Paragraph: Please add a couple more sentences here at least. As a Baron, does he find it difficult to properly interact with the nobility, given how little he talks? How do other nobility tend to view him for his tendency to stay quiet? Why is he sometimes seen as blunt or rude? More detail is needed here.
    • Second Paragraph: Given how the title structure in Regalia works, how does Harric feel about his position as a baron and how he behaves in public? Does he find his attitude/stoicness is something of a hindrance to his presumed climb for power? Does he care even? There is a lot that can be done here, especially with the nobility aspect.
    Life Story
    • My only issue with the Life story is this mention of a specialized unarmed fighting technique. What is it? For the sake of ensuring that there isn't any over the top self glorification here, please detail it in the life story.

Make the changes in blue and then tag me @CorrosGaming

5. Vivo_Et_Vincam

6. BillyTheScruffy

@CorrosGaming You still have a skill called 'Hard Bow skill'. Make sure you correct this and ensure that all of the other suggested edits have been done. Tag me when done

7. Vivo_Et_Vincam

8. BillyTheScruffy

@CorrosGaming

For this application to be approved, change these last two things:

• In the first personality paragraph you use the word 'rude' too many times to the point it becomes redundant. Concentrate less on stating that the character is rude and moreso on why the character is rude.
    • I don't feel comfortable with the concept of this specialized House Longsae fighting style, especially given the way you described it probably would not work and half of the House would have burn scars up their arms. Remove it entirely.

9. Vivo_Et_Vincam

10. BillyTheScruffy

11. Vivo_Et_Vincam

@BillyTheScroofy proficiency points changed up to make him less of a knight (as he isn't) and more of a general (as he was in his life story already) Plus the condition Marty made to recognize me as Count.

#11 Vivo_Et_Vincam, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  12. BillyTheScruffy