Archived Group Pages

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldManJ98

I Like Boxes
Reaction score
Faction
Talosia
Kingdom
Talos Empire
Roleplay Guilds
Di Orazio Family & RNS
This is a forum idea:
Implementing a new type of account for a group of people. This would operate like so:

Player A owns page/account. Operates like any other account, but instead of using his name it says the name of Guild, Company, Faction, Family, etc.

Player A gives rights to Player B. No he can also post as that account.

Player C wants to join. He posts on the page of the Group as his own account. He becomes accepted and gets rights.

Basically, anyone with rights can post as that page from their account. This would be great for server organizations. Imagine if when a war happens, instead of the officers posting, without many of us knowing who is from who, the Faction is the name listed. Or a Noble Family (Im gonna use Montgomery) wants to endorse
something, so it says Montgomery Family instead of Ellimairy. Regalian Guard is now Recruiting! Instead of it saying catcat1305, Who i did now know the name of until many months into the server, it says Regalian Guard. All people in the group would get the message, so less tagiing necessary!

Leave thoughts!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not list it as another account, but I've seen forums where there were user groups that folks could create and manage and add other users, etc. I think that would be a nice addition if possible

Seems like a good plan!

Not list it as another account, but I've seen forums where there were user groups that folks could create and manage and add other users, etc. I think that would be a nice addition if possible
I was thinking like a facebook type page for an organization

From a moderator standpoint, group accounts are problematic. If someone would decide to go on a rule breaking spree on that account, we would have no choice but to ban everyone who had access, as there would be no individual records. I like the general idea, though, and will keep my eyes open for other ways to do this.

From a moderator standpoint, group accounts are problematic. If someone would decide to go on a rule breaking spree on that account, we would have no choice but to ban everyone who had access, as there would be no individual records. I like the general idea, though, and will keep my eyes open for other ways to do this.
You could choose to ban the group and investigate from there....

-creates "What Does the Fox Say? Group"- -never has a single applicant- -cries loudly-

On a more serious note I like this, but not as a new account (that can already be done by using an alternate email) but rather with usergroups. For example, people who are part of a faction can join that factions usergroup and it would be listed either on their profile or below their avatar&name. Only two usegroups are displayed, and you can choose which ones you want most in your profile settings. ex: I join Okyno, Hisoka, and Blockheads usergroups. My avatar then looks like this:

[Avatar]
[Mecharic]
[Sarro Auber - Nomad]
[Okyno, Hisoka]

Custom fields have been added to your Personal Details page for In Game Name, Faction, Empire, Roleplay Name, and Roleplay Guilds. These items will be displayed under your avatar on the forums, with In Game Name being required, and the others just displaying if they have content. I will work on a better graphical format when there are a couple more examples of people with the info filled in. This gives you part of what you were asking for. I am still looking into the group idea, but I haven't found a solution to the amount of work it would take to define groups for each faction, especially when factions change so frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.