Pending Review Group Boosts

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by DIEinPAIN60, Oct 4, 2018.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Maybe.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DIEinPAIN60

DIEinPAIN60 Hyaenidae Enthusiast

Recently, upon thinking with a friend of mine, I’ve found a nice potential idea for Regalia V5. I was looking at the Group Boosts, and I got the idea--What if we made gangs & organizations reach towards certain goals, and gain items/rewards for reaching them? Such as, maybe, a proficiency boost to apply towards all of the members higher the rank means higher the proficiency or a magical item that isn't just exclusive towards gangs. There would be a forum to post your gangs & organizations and people can see this so if you think someone is telling lies you can ask for the link and read up on it yourself.

Now, there are a couple of pros and cons, which I will now outline:

Among the cons, there’s the problem that it may promote the win-RP that’s already been rather rampant. Now, of course, that’s a fairly big problem. Another problem is that it may create disparity, and cause smaller and weaker gangs to get screwed over and might cause smaller gangs just to dispatch and join bigger organizations.

Now, there are multiple pros as well! One thing it would help is by making people more valuable resources--It would create competition over members, which will drive them to *do* more. Another thing that it would do is give people clear-set goals. Some people aren’t good at leading groups, and this would give them goals to reach out for, such as “Reach twenty members” or “Attack a noble house”

That would drive roleplay much, much better. In theory, having these goals would give them a lot of creative freedom, and aid them in growing and actually becoming something--Or, weeding out those who are just too weak.

There are pros and cons to this, all I can ask is that you all consider it. What do you all think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lumbo

Lumbo Refugee

I've skimmed through the wiki and I am pretty sure they're already working on this, but I have no proof to support this.

My criticism of this idea.

This will just cause more gangs to be created, and I mean a lot of them. There's already enough gangs at the moment & creating more will just create separation from roleplayers which can lead to inactivity if the player/leader wants to grow their gang but can't because there are too many gangs for players to choose from (This happened to me, it's hard to be motivated & productive when your efforts don't seem to be noticed or even cared about). Confused? Think of it like this; there are about 7 YouTubers with huge audiences & there are 100 ordinary YouTubers that are trying to reach the same goal, which is to be the best YouTuber; it's like comparing McDonalds with an expensive fast food restaurant that doesn't make good food at all.

Why be apart of a gang which has two roleplayers when you can go into one that has 20 roleplayers & gets more roleplay opportunities out of it?
    This should be the goal as of right now in my theory, but it's always interesting to have a small gang as they are capable of creating fun roleplay & not be chased down by a gang with 20 members which can be fun to others.

3. DIEinPAIN60

DIEinPAIN60 Hyaenidae Enthusiast

I completely agree at what you're saying, and it will be just easier to not install this idea. But I'm not confident if the pros outdo the cons. I believe with tweaking and staff help this idea could work in theory.

• Friendly Friendly x 1