Archived God Rp Prevention.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamstersaber14

Jamie_KI
Reaction score
I think that some sort of mandatory tutorial should be put in place for new players to read because of massivecrafts uniqueness among RP servers.

I feel that this would do a great deal for RP on the server and due to the starter world being removed recently there is space for this to be added.

(Any questions or suggestions welcome)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you force people to do something before they try play MineCraft they would probably leave. A lot of new players don't understand that they are bad RPers, they may know they are not great but they don't know that god RP and lore breaking characters is as annoying to us. I think it could work as a quest, maybe a guard asking you if you wish to learn how to fight.

I definitely think we need a go-to source for all RP information. I'm often required to do a bit of digging to gather the relevant information for new RPers.

Some small tutorial /needs/ to be done. Way to many people God RP. (Also don't go right to the n00b vampire stereotype. When I first started I was an Elf :P. Not all new players are like that)

I think there should be two doors as you join the server for the first time. [[And in the hub]]
"Here for the PVP and Factions? Go on through here for the rules!"
"Here for the RP? Go on through here for the rules, some backstory, and a small tutorial on RPing!"

Some of us aren't here for the role play. I hate when people force role play on me, I'm only here to actually play the game, not write something in chat to "play". To me nowadays if feels like MassiveCraft is furthering itself farther away from what really made it awesome. This is supposed to be the defining factions server. I don't have anything against role playing, but people need to understand that role playing is not everyone's cup of tea.
But Massivecraft is a Roleplay server, is it not?
I think this idea is decent, but has to be optional.
As I said in my last post -

I think there should be two doors as you join the server for the first time. [[And in the hub]]
"Here for the PVP and Factions? Go on through here for the rules!"
"Here for the RP? Go on through here for the rules, some backstory, and a small tutorial on RPing!"

If that was the case, then factions should also get a tutorial should it not?
Factions are on a ton of other servers, way more than how many rp servers are out there. Usually the player knows what to do, even if they have never encountered factions before. They just ask if they can get into a faction. I don't see a reason for a tutorial. Plus their are many broadcasts that talk about factions anyways, they should be fine without a tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.