• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

For Fear Of Corruption

MarquisAlex

Benedictus "The Silver Bear" d'Vaud
Reaction score
Kingdom
Regalian Empire
Roleplay Guilds
Fighter's Guild
For Fear of Corruption
T0FUM40mfftuh1VGhoeEXyqnJZdrZnOiA2SgtkshoIVsBWW1lMwWXRcE3kA5fkeAf0fDBnyso-xC3Vc1PxylTT_zQbKntj5GEcRg1FpnPpqDYULWYE934a8bCWe93_K58qkAGfqA

Penned by Benedictus "The Silver Bear" d'Vaud, House Patriarch of that Baronial Name, 26th February 306AC
desFSQsQn4ACTR8O7z6BSj0vo3WWCaNldvLLTC0nGH_YiWCUERc_9YVT0MNgf1uWSkZvPERRJuSfn_NRJoj_Vl2-9qb-S_xlL9YwWkHuaeCcSpYBCDB85mka7ZHc6p_paXfIedN3

To His Imperial Holiness' Ministries & to the Noble Lords and Ladies of our Glorious Empire,​

A Vile Seed has been planted within our midst, one that if allowed to grow and spread, like the Ivy on some of our resplendent homes, will seek to not only tear down those aforementioned walls, but that of Empire. For those asking what plant could do such terrible damage, I answer back to you that it is that most vile and repugnant to our eyes and ears: Corruption.

In the last twenty-four hours, we have received news from our most Holy Synod that the Crime-lord, Edward Jarsdel, has been Excommunicated from the Holy Imperial Faith. For that I applaud, as it is the Sancella and Synod's Holy Duty to maintain a watchful vigil over the morality of the Regalian Public, be they of noble blood or of peasant stock. However, as is possibly expected when a Crime-lord has fallen upon desperate times, a series of documents has come to the attention of the Regalian Public, alongside the cur's confession to crimes innumerable. Is this scare-mongering? Maybe. Some of these I believe are nothing more than slander, but it would be socially irresponsible of us to not challenge the claims, to discover the truth. The documents in question are series of investigation reports leaked by the criminal, written by those who have worked honourably in the service of Law enforcement within our most Holy City, a couple of which potentially show worrisome signs of corruption, that spread like a weed if not rooted out.​

As an advocate of Stability and a concerned member of the nobility within the Regalian Empire, I find the contents of these reports deeply worrying, forcing myself to speak out about those concerns. Are these forgeries? If not, how did these papers come into the hands of this criminal? And the cases themselves: A case closed despite finding incriminating evidence, An Investigation into "Black Magic" called off, instead of being given over to the Azure Order, despite evidence that the assailant is likely creating Anaflexi explosives. Why? Are these the actions of a cautious Commander, or of a man of less-honourable intentions, on the payroll of the aforementioned Crime-Lord? I am no lawyer and have no true expertise in this field, but I pray for the former. I, therefore, request that the Interior State Minister, Jared Kade, launch an independent investigation into the actions of Hightowers & Lord Edmund du Pont, Security Minister & Commander of the Hightower Guard, examining their relationship with Organised Crime.​

May we find the truth with the Spirit as our Guide,

Glory to Regalia!

((OOC: This Proclaimation has since been updated, read below))

desFSQsQn4ACTR8O7z6BSj0vo3WWCaNldvLLTC0nGH_YiWCUERc_9YVT0MNgf1uWSkZvPERRJuSfn_NRJoj_Vl2-9qb-S_xlL9YwWkHuaeCcSpYBCDB85mka7ZHc6p_paXfIedN3

@Yigit @Suicidium @LumosJared @Fatherland

Last edited:
"For spirit's bloody sake. The documents he released were only on petty crimes and the arken attack! Knowledge that was publically known anyway." Huffed Viv.

Update:
Upon his office desk at the Milais Palace, an innundation of mail has arrived for the new House Patriarch, Benedictus d'Vaud. With a servant reading out some of the letters aloud to him, Ben stops the talking as he raises a hand and opens a strange-looking letter, reading it silently to himself before making a hand gesture to the servant for parchment and ink.

Swiftly he writes two letters, both sealed with the wax and signet ring he was granted, passing them off to a summoned courier.

"Let it be known, I want no investigation. Du Pont is Innocent." He states firmly "May the Spirit Guide and Protect."

Canilla looked at the message board sighing, "Rediculous, some people can't just leave others alone. First they harassed Harhold and now du Pont. Edmond and his blood are good individuals." She scowled as she paced off.

'Dear Lord D'Vaud,
I would be greatly honoured if we could talk more on these issues.
Yours Respectfully, Aaron Girard.'

Last edited: