Archived Fishing For Lore Fish And Treasure!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

ZehGhost

Oh really? Indeed.
Reaction score
Faction
Phyria
Kingdom
Phyrian Empire
*Note* This thread is still being made! Apologies for any grammatical errors!

Hello! My name is ZehGhost, and I would like to share my idea about fishing for lore fish and lore items with you!

The idea is pretty simple but would add a very unique and enjoyable way to fish! At its current state, fishing with the McMMO plugin can get boring and repetitive. Their is no satisfaction for catching that great fish! Just an extra level in McMMO. To spice up and revive fishing, what if we implemented the ability to catch lore fish? Fish that are more unique than the typical "Salmon, Clownfish and Fish". These fish would have unique names and lore, when eaten the fish would give off a special potion affect like a Sugar Cookie! Some fish would be rarer than others, you could trade them, collect them, or sell them off for their uniqueness!

For example: Johnny caught a fish named "Super Fish" with the lore "Super powers for a super fish!" when eaten Johnny was given a Haste 1 Speed 1 affect. Their are so many unique and special fish that the community could create. The possibilities are endless! Special fish may require certain conditions in order to be caught, the Night-Crawler fish can only be caught during the night and in a swampy area when eaten it gives off a potion affect related to the night such as Night Vision! The Icy Serpent can only be caught in snowy biomes, or some fish only live in the open sea while others live only in small rivers and streams (This would rely on biome and depth in which your fishing). These fish would improve RolePlay with special types of fisherman! A higher class citizen may order a very rare fish only found off the shores of Daendroc while a poor citizen orders a New Ceardian river fish. PvPers may eat special fish that give them a quick Speed boost allowing them to run away during combat, or a new player fishes for some food and finds a unique fish that gives him Night Vision and haste which helps him during mining! I am going to stop here, I could go on for forever ^_^

Just like fish it's possible to find old, broken gear while fishing. Just the other day Johnny found a pair of Tigran Fur Boots! Unlike fish, these items would be more rare and would act like trophies for RolePlay fisherman to show off. Or for anyone to collect, you could do anything with these items and combined with fish-the possibilities are endless.

I may have stressed that these fish are abundant and anybody could get them if they spend time, but their supposed to only act like trophies or treats for someone that has taken the time to go fishing, or for someone to use for RP. The potion affects would be very minor, only used to make the fish unique.

These new mechanics would enrich all types of players on MassiveCraft, but what are your ideas? Do you like this idea or not? What would you change or improve?

Thank you for reading, have a nice day! <3

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this is a great idea, but to make sure that the fishing disaster doesn't happen again, the treasures would be mostly useless for things other than roleplaying. A.k.a. no diamonds and probably very little iron.

I'm not so sure potion effects are necessary on the fish, as certain fish might then displace potions, and therefore impact PVP. I do love the idea of getting lore-items through fishing, though.

I'm not so sure potion effects are necessary on the fish, as certain fish might then displace potions, and therefore impact PVP. I do love the idea of getting lore-items through fishing, though.

Maybe if the duration is just less than the same effect with a potion? Then potions would still be preferred for PVP but if you run out of them, you could still eat a fish you found in the last corner of your backpack (eew! xD) .

Otherwise I agree :)

I think this is a great idea, but to make sure that the fishing disaster doesn't happen again, the treasures would be mostly useless for things other than roleplaying. A.k.a. no diamonds and probably very little iron.
Yes, In order to prevent another event I would recommend removing that feature all together or making it extremely rare
Maybe if the duration is just less than the same effect with a potion? Then potions would still be preferred for PVP but if you run out of them, you could still eat a fish you found in the last corner of your backpack (eew! xD) .

I agree, their is definitely going to be a lot of tweeks and such involving the potion affects. The reason I thought it would be nice is simply to make the fish seem or unique and important. Something like the Speed 3 fish is quite unreasonable :> Any kind of fish that powerful would have to be very rare, rare enough tha somone would only have 1.

Both treasure and fish would act like little "treats" semi-rare items that are mainly used in RolePlay or as "trophies".

Last edited:
Yus!

Imagine a Regalian fish market.

5094592302_19dd7955be_b.jpg

Nah just make the potion effects the lesser of the 2 or 3 possible potion outcomes. For example a fish that gives you the Speed effect would just give you Speed 1 not Speed 1 Extended or Speed 2 that way people will still wanna use pots as who is gonna use Speed 1 when everyone else is using Speed 2.