Archived Faction Lives, Tp Limits, And Breakable Door

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Legoclub22

The Antagonist's Right-Hand
Reaction score
Roleplay Guilds
The Ivory Company
Hello! I am suggesting a few ideas that I believe would help add to the severity of raiding. The first, is faction lives. Faction loves are rather simple, and would work quite a lot like tax. When you start a faction, it had however many lives, say 100. If a member joins, the leader or whoever has the authority to do so gives the recruit X amount of lives out of the Faction life bank. If a member dies, they lose a life given to them by the leaders. If they run out of lives, they are kicked from the faction. If a faction runs out of lives, and all it's members are kicked by also running out, the faction disbands. Lives are earned say 1 per every 2 members per 30 days. And deplete by 1 life per 30 days. This would not only simulate population, but also make death more severe. Lives would also apply to premiums the same as non premiums, save perhaps lives lost while not in PvP.

The seccond idea is TP limits. This could work in that you could no longer TP in the faction worlds, while in unapproved factions, i.e. Wilderness, Warzones, player factions. Approved factions would be World spawns. Travel would instead rely on vehicles such as boats and carriages which would have special Creative Portal like blocks in them which transport you to the world's spawn, or could open up a menu like the /tp menu that shows locations you may TP to. This would mean you can not TP from any spot, such as in a house to avoid a raid. While it may be inconvenient, it should not be hard under normal circumstances to reach a nearby carriage or ship which then would open up a menu of TP destinations upon stepping on a certain block in it. I believe this would help in preventing people from TPing away from a raid, and also add a bit more depth of realism to it.

My third and final idea is breakable doors. This would work that when in enemy terrain, you may literally kill doors, which would then cause them to open the way Zombies break down doors. Some way would be needed to prevent people from going berserk with this, such as iron doors being unbreakable, but then there should also be a way to prevent people from putting iron doors on all their houses. As for the details of this one I am not exactly sure, but it would make raids more severe and realistic, in that you can not just run into a sealed house and be perfectly safe from anyone outside.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you agree to some of my points. If you reply to this and comment on one or more point, to keep it organized by specifying which comments are to which idea.
I am looking forward to some comments/questions, so go ahead and leave your thoughts!
-Legoclub22

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
They're not bad ideas, they just don't fit MassiveCraft's style of survival.

The age old problem of raids not being realistic enough has been brought up time and time again. Moving forward to fixing the problem has always been halted by the fact that if we achieve complete realism, a way of playing on the server dies. People who don't PVP but enjoy being in the survival worlds would no longer be able to enjoy their play style, because even though we'd like to think we wouldn't, a lot of pvpers would kill them because of the simple fact that we now can get to them.

The faction lives idea is interesting, but just doesn't fit the criteria for enticing surrender. It's almost too harsh. Awhile back I suggested that when people die at the hands of an enemy, they should lose the money equal to what their tax rate is in the faction. Whether the money came from the faction bank or the player was up for debate. I personally think this is a more fitting solution, as it ties into the thought that if someone dies, the body would be looted for items and any money they have on them, (and in line with fairness, it should only be a small amount of money, so as to not heavily penalize a player).

I encourage you to continue brainstorming ideas, but when doing so, look at how much an idea will benefit a person or group, but may severely hurt another.

I agree with Alj23 on that these are great ideas... Just not for massive.

I did however answer the poll. Of all the ideas I really do like the tp limit idea. I think it has the most potential of the 3.

I think the live limit idea is kind of not a good idea. It would limit the pvp for sure, and not many would want to fight if they're in jeopardy of getting kicked from their faction.

I think the live limit idea is kind of not a good idea. It would limit the pvp for sure, and not many would want to fight if they're in jeopardy of getting kicked from their faction.
Yes, that is true. The other two ideas however I thought of to prevent people from running/hiding from PvP, so while yes, it would hurt the defender, it would strongly benefit the raider. If you wanted to be able to evade a raid though, you could have safe rooms with iron doors, or bunkers/reinforced buildings.

If people hide from PvP then that is because they do not want to be part of it.
Your worst idea in my opinion is the limiting of TP to world spawns scratch that, didn't read good enough >.<
I think that (while i stil don't like it) faction lives is your best idea as it impacts both sides and raiders wil have to be more carefull about traps then otherwise, but the others alos made valid points on the idea.
About the breakable doors, people would just start using pistons doors so that's kind of a useles concept i think.

Hello! I am suggesting a few ideas that I believe would help add to the severity of raiding. The first, is faction lives. Faction loves are rather simple, and would work quite a lot like tax. When you start a faction, it had however many lives, say 100. If a member joins, the leader or whoever has the authority to do so gives the recruit X amount of lives out of the Faction life bank. If a member dies, they lose a life given to them by the leaders. If they run out of lives, they are kicked from the faction. If a faction runs out of lives, and all it's members are kicked by also running out, the faction disbands. Lives are earned say 1 per every 2 members per 30 days. And deplete by 1 life per 30 days. This would not only simulate population, but also make death more severe. Lives would also apply to premiums the same as non premiums, save perhaps lives lost while not in PvP.

I dislike this idea. I've been told several times that "factions exists primarily as an anti-grief plugin" rather than a mechanic for which PvP, Roleplay, or administration can exist. This idea would completely negate that aspect, and would allow a large, powerful PvP faction like Deldrimor or Sunkiss could proceed to force an enemy faction to disband (or unclaim) by killing them en-mass. Then the base is no longer secure from grief and looting. And since traps aren't allowed to kill players the only side that will suffer is the side that's weaker. As such, I completely disagree with this idea.

The seccond idea is TP limits. This could work in that you could no longer TP in the faction worlds, while in unapproved factions, i.e. Wilderness, Warzones, player factions. Approved factions would be World spawns. Travel would instead rely on vehicles such as boats and carriages which would have special Creative Portal like blocks in them which transport you to the world's spawn, or could open up a menu like the /tp menu that shows locations you may TP to. This would mean you can not TP from any spot, such as in a house to avoid a raid. While it may be inconvenient, it should not be hard under normal circumstances to reach a nearby carriage or ship which then would open up a menu of TP destinations upon stepping on a certain block in it. I believe this would help in preventing people from TPing away from a raid, and also add a bit more depth of realism to it.

Last I checked, you couldn't teleport when an enemy was nearby anyway. If they simply expand that to being unable to teleport anywhere when an enemy is nearby rather than just to certain places, I would support the change. But I do not support crippling peaceful travel just so that PvPers can sit outside someone's house until they get bored and either the PvPers or the player log off to play on another server.

My third and final idea is breakable doors. This would work that when in enemy terrain, you may literally kill doors, which would then cause them to open the way Zombies break down doors. Some way would be needed to prevent people from going berserk with this, such as iron doors being unbreakable, but then there should also be a way to prevent people from putting iron doors on all their houses. As for the details of this one I am not exactly sure, but it would make raids more severe and realistic, in that you can not just run into a sealed house and be perfectly safe from anyone outside.

No. This would ruin the game for literally everyone who isn't a PvPer but doesn't want to live in Regalia or a quest world. The ONLY way I could ever see this happening is if there are survival worlds with PvP disabled. Otherwise it puts far too much power in the hands of PvPers and takes down the primary defense for factions that can't PvP but enjoy building their own towns rather than living in Regalia. As such, I dislike this idea as well.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you agree to some of my points. If you reply to this and comment on one or more point, to keep it organized by specifying which comments are to which idea.
I am looking forward to some comments/questions, so go ahead and leave your thoughts!
-Legoclub22

Sorry for not agreeing with any of your ideas! These are all more focused on PvP rather than the rest of the server though, which is why I can't support them. Can you imagine if all of them were active? Players couldn't teleport out of houses while the enemy smashed in their door and then forced their faction to disband by killing them. It would instantly destroy the existing balance between PvP and other game activities, tipping it so far into PvP's favor as to render the survival worlds "PvP Only" worlds - unless people live in underground bunkers or have all their doors being iron, which is ugly. I like that you're brainstorming, but try to keep in mind that PvP is not the only part of the server that matters - any ideas you have need to balance between PvP activities and Peaceful activities.

Even though i dont really play on the server anymore i really like your idea of faction lives. The only part i dont like is that people would get kicked of the faction or that the faction could possibly disband that is a bit too harsh. One reason i stopped playing is the fact that lives doesnt matter on massive and since pretty much every pvper is pretty rich people doesnt care loosing stuff. What if instead of being kicked from the faction they would have to buy their lives back and pay a "tax" for it. Like 50r per lives for example. The money could go to the server. And the only way to loose a life would be if you are pvp tagged if not you dont loose it. This way it would prevent new players, rpers, miners etc to be taxed for nothing.

I dislike this idea. I've been told several times that "factions exists primarily as an anti-grief plugin" rather than a mechanic for which PvP, Roleplay, or administration can exist. This idea would completely negate that aspect, and would allow a large, powerful PvP faction like Deldrimor or Sunkiss could proceed to force an enemy faction to disband (or unclaim) by killing them en-mass. Then the base is no longer secure from grief and looting. And since traps aren't allowed to kill players the only side that will suffer is the side that's weaker. As such, I completely disagree with this idea.

Last I checked, you couldn't teleport when an enemy was nearby anyway. If they simply expand that to being unable to teleport anywhere when an enemy is nearby rather than just to certain places, I would support the change. But I do not support crippling peaceful travel just so that PvPers can sit outside someone's house until they get bored and either the PvPers or the player log off to play on another server.

No. This would ruin the game for literally everyone who isn't a PvPer but doesn't want to live in Regalia or a quest world. The ONLY way I could ever see this happening is if there are survival worlds with PvP disabled. Otherwise it puts far too much power in the hands of PvPers and takes down the primary defense for factions that can't PvP but enjoy building their own towns rather than living in Regalia. As such, I dislike this idea as well.

Sorry for not agreeing with any of your ideas! These are all more focused on PvP rather than the rest of the server though, which is why I can't support them. Can you imagine if all of them were active? Players couldn't teleport out of houses while the enemy smashed in their door and then forced their faction to disband by killing them. It would instantly destroy the existing balance between PvP and other game activities, tipping it so far into PvP's favor as to render the survival worlds "PvP Only" worlds - unless people live in underground bunkers or have all their doors being iron, which is ugly. I like that you're brainstorming, but try to keep in mind that PvP is not the only part of the server that matters - any ideas you have need to balance between PvP activities and Peaceful activities.

The server is already heavily RP favoured. Soo...

The server is already heavily RP favoured. Soo...

That has exactly nothing to do with the fact that the factions plugin specifically is designed as an anti-grief plugin rather than a roleplay add-on or a PvP add-on.

Also, "Soo...." what?

That has exactly nothing to do with the fact that the factions plugin specifically is designed as an anti-grief plugin rather than a roleplay add-on or a PvP add-on.

Also, "Soo...." what?

Quoted the wrong part xD. I meant to quote the part where you said that it would ruin the game for every other person except pvpers.

Quoted the wrong part xD. I meant to quote the part where you said that it would ruin the game for every other person except pvpers.

With regards to that... PvPers already operate as a 'ruiner' effect for most other aspects of gameplay. For people like me who enjoy building a raid is frustrating beyond words - I'm stuck inside my secure areas, unable to build. It's the same for roleplayers. With breakable doors there wouldn't even be the chance to hide. Assuming we don't replace all of our doors with iron doors & buttons or with piston doors. The situation would remain effectively unchanged by this, except for making bases less attractive. This is assuming that none of the other suggestions are enabled - all of them together would, as mentioned before, effectively shut down survival world non-pvp activities.

It's funny, this post is getting the complete opposite response as that of a previous post.

With regards to that... PvPers already operate as a 'ruiner' effect for most other aspects of gameplay. For people like me who enjoy building a raid is frustrating beyond words - I'm stuck inside my secure areas, unable to build. It's the same for roleplayers. With breakable doors there wouldn't even be the chance to hide. Assuming we don't replace all of our doors with iron doors & buttons or with piston doors. The situation would remain effectively unchanged by this, except for making bases less attractive. This is assuming that none of the other suggestions are enabled - all of them together would, as mentioned before, effectively shut down survival world non-pvp activities.
Minecraft is a SURVIVAL game and its not supposed to be easy to survive in an hostile world plus massivecraft is a medieval server. People died A LOT in medieval times. I remember when i joined the server 3 years ago rpers turned a raid into rp and used the situation to make their story more immersive and more real. Nowadays rpers are just crying when theyre getting raided. No wonder why pvpers quit the server.

Minecraft is a SURVIVAL game and its not supposed to be easy to survive in an hostile world plus massivecraft is a medieval server. People died A LOT in medieval times. I remember when i joined the server 3 years ago rpers turned a raid into rp and used the situation to make their story more immersive and more real. Nowadays rpers are just crying when theyre getting raided. No wonder why pvpers quit the server.

Minecraft is a SANDBOX game and it's not supposed to be so stupid hard to survive that someone who doesn't know how and doesn't devote their entire gaming career to fighting can't survive. People didn't die a lot in medieval times, not in combat at least. Of disease, yeah, and of accidents and injuries from those, yeah. But people who even fought in medieval times were less than 5% of the population, and wars weren't as common as in MassiveCraft - mostly because if they were there wouldn't have been anyone alive at all. I also would like to remind you that in medieval times people couldn't wear enchanted armor that made them indestructible without any negative side effects (like being slow and clumsy) so if you really want to make Massive realistic you should be pushing for removal of potions, the addition of Armor & Weapon weight that directly effects speed of movement and rate of attack, and the removal of MassiveMobs & of mobs in general, because zombies didn't exist in the medieval ages. Stop trying to compare a game to the real world - it's not the real world, it's a game.

Now, on topic here. I distinctly remember a great deal of complaining by RPers 3 years ago just as they do now. The difference is that there's a TON more roleplayers on Massive these days than 3 years ago, and a lot less PvPers. And I do need to ask, what do roleplayers complaining have to do with the fact that adding all 3 of these to the game would shut down non-PvP activity in the survival worlds?

The way I see it... (which is 100% my own opinion, im not speaking for anybody else other than myself)

And ive said this multiple times but it bares repeating. the roleplayers have a world.. in which they can roleplay without the chance of dying. Essentially... Regalia is in the Alorian universe instead of the minecraft one. Unfortunatly... This only applies for REGALIA. The SURVIVAL worlds are in the Minecraft universe. And if you are a roleplayer who wishes to take the extra risk of roleplaying in a world where people can attack and kill you, be my guest. I suggest donating for premium so you don't loose that many items. Its like an American going to Europe and complaining that they drive on the wrong side of the road. Its absurd. They are essentially two different lands with different rules.

Last edited:
@znake1468 - Yeah I don't see anything wrong with raids and such as they are right now. I just oppose making it impossible to survive a raid in the survival worlds, to the point of your faction being destroyed at the end.

Minecraft is a SANDBOX game and it's not supposed to be so stupid hard to survive that someone who doesn't know how and doesn't devote their entire gaming career to fighting can't survive. People didn't die a lot in medieval times, not in combat at least. Of disease, yeah, and of accidents and injuries from those, yeah. But people who even fought in medieval times were less than 5% of the population, and wars weren't as common as in MassiveCraft - mostly because if they were there wouldn't have been anyone alive at all. I also would like to remind you that in medieval times people couldn't wear enchanted armor that made them indestructible without any negative side effects (like being slow and clumsy) so if you really want to make Massive realistic you should be pushing for removal of potions, the addition of Armor & Weapon weight that directly effects speed of movement and rate of attack, and the removal of MassiveMobs & of mobs in general, because zombies didn't exist in the medieval ages. Stop trying to compare a game to the real world - it's not the real world, it's a game.

Now, on topic here. I distinctly remember a great deal of complaining by RPers 3 years ago just as they do now. The difference is that there's a TON more roleplayers on Massive these days than 3 years ago, and a lot less PvPers. And I do need to ask, what do roleplayers complaining have to do with the fact that adding all 3 of these to the game would shut down non-PvP activity in the survival worlds?
First minecraft is a survival game and second enchants and potions are part of this game just stop playing if you dont like it lol.

Last edited:
First minecraft is a survival game and second enchants and potions are part of this game just stop playing if you dont like it lol.

First off, it's an "open world sandbox" game with a survival mode. Second, I don't think you read my post properly, Keven. You stated "People died A LOT in medieval times." and I replied with "and they didn't have magic or potions" as well as a significant number of other things found in MassiveCraft/Minecraft, so comparing the two as an argument for realism isn't exactly a good argument to use.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! someone knows what he's talking about.

I don't like the lives thing. Some people work really hard on their factions and then they can get killed by mobs or just simple accidental deaths. I would hate if massive implemented that. The breakable doors though sounds real cool. But you can easily solve that problem with piston doors.

Sorry these ideas don't fit for MassiveCraft's Survival style. We maintain a more laid back free gameplay where players don't have to worry too much about losing their stuff or suffering too much damage from other player's actions. As such I see no merit in these suggestions. They may be viable for more hardcore faction servers, but not ours.