Esmerava De Vutavi

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by HorizonCythulu, Apr 27, 2020.

1. HorizonCythulu

HorizonCythulu The Insane

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Esmerava de Vutavi
    • Race: Cielothar
    • Preferred Weapon: Sorcery

Skill Information

Total Points: 50 (+10 Talent, +10 Hobby)

Core Group:
    12 Linguistics Science

Talent Group:
    10 Strings Instrument (+10 Talent points)
    10 Keyboard Instrument
    10 Woodwind Instrument

Hobby Group:
    15 Horticulture Art (+10 Hobby points, +5 Racial Boost)
    5 Brewing Art
    4 Mixology Art

Body Shape
    • 0 Body Stat
    • Slim Body Shape
    • Extra Low Fat
    Languages
    • Common (Taught during Childhood)
    • Modern Altalar (Taught during Childhood)
    • Alt-Regalian (Learned from Linguistics Knowledge)
    • Plains Elven (Learned through Linguistics Knowledge)
    • Sulvaley Elven (Learned through Linguistics Knowledge)
    • Sihndar Elven (Learned through Linguistics Knowledge)
    Special Traits/Spells/Mutations

9 points spent on Sorcery Level 4 (Lightblooded - One Sorcery Level for free.)

Sorcery Abilities:

Healing Grace (Lightness Sorcery)
    Cast Away Impurity (Lightness Sorcery)
    Walling Ward (Arcane Sorcery)
    Burn the Unburned (Lightness Sorcery)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorcery Aesthetics:

Hope's Beacon (Lightness Sorcery)
    Orb in Darkness (Lightness Sorcery)
    Light's Sustenance (Lightness Sorcery)
    Opulent Orchestra (Arcane Sorcery)

• Racials
    • Circle of Joeil
    • Familiar is a Primate

Visual Information
    • Eye Color: Dark Blue
    • Hair Color: Black
    • Hair Style: Curly, shoulder length
    • Skin Color: Tan
    • Clothing: A simple and breathable dress
    • Height: 5'4
    • Choose your Character Alignment
      • Lawful Good, as she does things within reason to abide by the laws of Regalia and has a very strict moral compass. She does things to benefit herself and others, and often thoughtful.
    • Choose your Character Personality Type
      • The Advocate, because she often feels she can do things to benefit others, to help out as she can for those she cares about, but she is often seen as sensitive and hates seeing herself fail.
    • Choose your Character's Religion
      • Muz'havel. As the religion forced upon her as a child, she seeked out something that was unique, thus finding books on Muz'havel and deepening her understanding of it. She uses this as a guide along with her morals to create a more stable foundation on what she feels is right, being about a 8/10 for how devoted she is, praying as often as she must. There seemed to be knowledge on it upon her staying
    Life Story

Esmerava was born in Daen under that of a brutally strict Ailor patriarchy. Her mother was a slave for these at a very young age, and used her to give birth in order to have another free slave to save time. She wasn't the smartest, and was meant to learn how to cook, clean, to be the perfect housewife.She was seen as a failure, never measuring up to any of her family's expectations. Often beaten, even starved, she found books regarding magical powers around at a young age and read up on them to keep her still going. It was suffering to her, and by doing so it made her into the childish woman that she is today. Some things weren't exactly taught to her and she used these years to brush up on her spells. Also during this, she got her hands on books from different cultures that she hadn't been exposed to before, reading into it and finding great joy learning a different tongue, that of Alt-Regalian and Plains Elven. It took her quite a while to get it down pact, but she feels unique thanks to these experiences.

At least, until they decided she wasn't of use anymore. 50 years she endured this, maybe longer, she only kept track until 50, deciding to sell her off as a slave to be useful to someone else. She was treated far worse by that of her other slave family, being forced to do things she was bad at, scolded if she did something wrong, even beaten. She found herself struggling, her magic capabilities often even biting her in the ass. She'd feed off matches in order to make herself feel better, and in this new home she'd read up and teach herself languages to pass the time. There also were books around she was able to steal, that of being of the very obscure religion, Muz'havel. For some reason, she seemed to connect it with it, being that of a beacon of hope for her.

This kept going until she was 80 years old. Technically 85, but she didn't know. She used her abilities as a sorcerer to trick her capturers into escaping. It took her an entire two weeks to find and gather enough money to make a plane to Regalia, having to do some rather shameful deeds.But she was able to pay for it in order to escape to her new life that she hoped would be full of freedom.

On her moving to Regalia, she was able to meet two people who she regards as close friends. Ba'sash, who she refers to as 'mom', despite being double her age, and Axel Weissman, who was able to get her a job as a house guard. She now works under them as she clearly enjoys being here and attempting to be in a family that actually enjoys her existence, even if it might not completely work out.

Through her recent adventures in Regalia, she had come across a pagan ritualist. Coincidentally, they believed in that of Muz'havel. After an intriguing discussion, she was taught the abilities of ritualism, allowing her to have an even tighter hold on her religion as it was proof that she'd gotten closer to it. Admiring these new abilities, she used them to cast certain mutations on herself, and use these powers to show the strength between her and the higher power who protects her through tough times.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 HorizonCythulu, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Greetings @HorizonCythulu I'm going to be picking this application up for Review, so bear with me and I'll take a look over things.

3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Alright @HorizonCythulu this is what we're looking at.

Skill Information
    • You have sorcery listed, but then you also have all of your proficiency points allocated. You'll have to either remove the sorcery spells or remove twenty proficiency points. Or any variation of the two till you're down to the sixty available points you have.
    Life Story
    • I don't see where the religion of Muz'havel is applicable given that the character is a Cielothar, raced by a Cielother family on Daendroque. Whereas Muz'havel is practiced by the Mevoriim in Sendras. Either change the religion or explain why they have this very rare and isolated faith.
    • The other thing that's odd is her family. I'm led to believe that they're Cielothar as well, given Esmerava's race, in which case these actions don't fit the peaceful Cielothar. A clarification of what race her family is would be necessary.
    • Given that Esmerava is using sorcery she would have to be taught the spells, she wouldn't be born with magical powers like how you have it.
    • You seem to gloss over fifty years of her life. Which granted, she's an abuse victim, but there is still history there. I would suggest breaking that up to include learning the languages you have for linguistic knowledge and the process of learning sorcery. Then whatever other tidbits of background lore you want to include for the character, just to fill in that space.

That's what I have for you. Make the above edits and give me a tag once completed.

4. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron Alright, I believe I fixed these mistakes. Tell me if there's anything I've missed.

5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

You're almost there, just need to include the linguistic training in the life story and that'll be it. @HorizonCythulu

6. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron I believe I fixed it this time, hopefully.

7. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

You're all approved. Happy roleplaying.

8. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron Proficiencies changes, recent changes with racials added, all changes added in Green!

Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

9. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

I'll be filling in, for future reference continue to tag Wump for any further reviews.
    Mention under life story where her ten years of lightbow training stems from, and her thirteen years of perception practice. Was she a scout, a hunter? If so, why?

10. Caelamus

11. HorizonCythulu

Didn't see this till now! I'll fix these changes immediately. @Caelamus

12. HorizonCythulu

@Caelamus I believed I added it in her backstory to explain how she would have gotten those proficiencies, tell me if it needs more adjusting.

Changes are in green.

13. Caelamus

14. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron

After using her some more, I felt like giving her ritualism would have made much more sense than giving her light bow combat, so I swapped that out, and readjusted points. Changes marked in Red!

Sorry for retweaking again.

Extra paragraph of lore edited to fit that she gained no experience from her makeshift bow and arrow, as it was more just of a sport to pass time.

15. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

You can remove the light bow combat from the Life Story since you don't have the profs anymore you don't need to justify it. What I would like to see, however, is where they learned Pagan Ritualism from, I understand their faith as the why, but just something to tie it all together neatly.

Make that change in a color of your choice and tag me once completed @HorizonCythulu

16. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron Changes set to Red, added to backstory and some minor aesthetic changes due to the update for Cielothars having skin color shades.

17. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

18. HorizonCythulu

@Wumpatron Proficiency points edited to coincide with the update.

• Like Like x 1