Pending Review Elytra Breakability

Discussion in 'Server' started by Lyee, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

As it stands, Elytra do not lose durability. With the recent edition of what essentially an ElytraForAll, this REALLY needs to change. Once you have one pair you're set for life, and that is bad for both Merchants (who sell elytra), and the server itself. No one's going to buy an ElytraForAll, because everybody already has one. The playerbase doesn't shift enough for this to not be the case.
    Alternatively, I've seen the suggestion of changing the recipe to Diamond blocks rather than the durability, but this doesn't change the base issue. ElytraForAlls would still be around and make the recipe change absolutely pointless. Should breakability be added, however, this could start to be useful. Before the addition of the ForAll, elytra were only worth 5-15r, which seems absurdly low for something that literally allows flight.
    Basically: Make elytra breakable, and possibly revert the recipe back to what it used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Add on, make a repair recipe for them in mcmmo which will eventually change to membranes in 1.13

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

I don't support making them lose durability personally, but I wouldn't be opposed to a significantly more expensive recipe.

4. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

I always end up losing my elytras so who cares

5. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

Make the cost diamond blocks