Dymphna Brown

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Boss_of_Runes, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Boss_of_Runes

Boss_of_Runes Lil' Laaady

﹄◈﹃
    ◣______________________________◢

ezgif-1-256ea4aef6.gif

Character Information

• Full Name: Dymphna Morrow Brown
    • Race: Half Fin’ullen (Half Ailor, half Fin’ullen)
    • Eye Color: A strong forest green
    Core Concept

• In the past, Dymphna- or Nym- would’ve been seen as a bit of a degenerate. Someone with no loyalty except to her own survival. But in an ever-changing world, she’s now seen as a calm but determined person, waiting for the right time to join the fight for something she believes in. Though she could still be seen as someone who jokes around to make the sad world a brighter place, despite her past life always feeling one step behind her.
    Proficiencies:

Used Points: 11
    • Strength: 4
      • Fisticuffs Pack
      • Duelist Pack
      • Unyielding Pack
      • Climber pack
    • Constitution:
    • Wisdom: 0
    • Dexterity: 5
      • Parkour Pack
      • Outlaw Pack
      • Reaction pack
      • Balance Pack
      • Escapist Pack
    • Magic:1 - Void
      • Casting
        • Sparkwalking, Arcane Mastery, Chain Break
    • Charisma: 1
      • Saboteur Pack
    Abilities

• Alais Vampire (INACTIVE)

Languages

• Common (Free)
    • Altalar (Learned from Family)
    • West Linguist Pack (Linguistics)

Appearance Information

• Dymphna, due to only being half Fin’ullen, her ears have a shorter appearance compared to others of pure Fin’ullen blood.
    • Dymphna can be considered average-looking. She stands at about 5’6 (five-foot, six inches) with an athletic body type due to exercise and her parkour abilities after years of practice. Her hair is short and fluffed, brushed back and the color of black, nearly leaning on a blue sheen. Her skin is pale, however, her face is rosy, and she lacks freckles aside from a few light ones on her arms and scattered in other places. She has up-turned eyes with a cool green color.
    • Clothing-wise, she dresses in loose clothing on a casual day, wearing baggy poet shirts and “pirate” shirts. Her clothes could be considered adventurous, wearing active clothing that can be comfortable to move in. However she understands when to dress more appropriately, having formal clothing with buttons to the neck, clothing similar to suits, and formal Fin’ullen wear when needed.
    animenym.png mernym.png lotcnym.png

Life Story

• Dymphna Brown was born in the city of Calemburg, to her Fin’ullen mother Rinalla, and her Wirtem father Adler. They were a poorer family, having only decided to live there due to Alder’s family offering to provide assistance while they built their life together. Due to this pairing in such a religious city, both Alder’s family and other citizens who were acquainted with them were rather hostile to their relationship. However, they attempted a happy life, owning a smithing shop by the time Dymphna was born.

• However, while growing up, Dymphna recognized their less than fortunate circumstances. And her appearance leaned close to her mother’s side and provided stressful encounters with adults who disliked Fin’ullen and her young rebellious attitude. At some point, she felt that she needed to take action, and began stealing. It started with food, before moving on to pickpocketing. By the time she was eighteen, she was decent at her thefts. That was until she was caught.

• Dymphna was caught by one of the guards in the city when she was eighteen, and she had to run back home before a chase went any more dangerous. She thought things were fine, and her family knew nothing of her escapades. However, a week later, she’d return home, finding it empty and looted. Her family was gone, and she never had a chance to say goodbye. She stayed on the streets for some time, finding others on the street with fighting experience to help her protect herself. This was how she learned to fence, despite having a less graceful form of it. She left home to find a new home at age twenty-two. This led to the city of Regalia.

• At this point, she’s lived in Regalia for three years (in-game AND real life, I feel old). She had several adventures at this point, first finding friends and acquaintances when joining the Vampire coven run by the infamous Xilthruum and getting a job at the Nestled Nook Tavern. She then had a time within the house guard run by the Kreiburgs during their time of reign, before getting married to Argo Drresal and currently living a homey life, away from crime and fear of arrest. However, she currently feels unfulfilled, wishing for more without ruining the life she’s created.
      e9fd4958cd3a9990bc9aa4f6045467d7.gif
    ◣______________________________◢

﹄◈﹃

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 Boss_of_Runes, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  2. Boss_of_Runes

bumpity bumpy

3. Grimmsome

Grimmsome mr. blue sky (living here today)

Hi! I'm claiming this app for review.

4. Grimmsome

Hi!

After reading through your app, there are a few small changes I'd like for you to make.

Currently, your body stat is listed as 45, when in truth it should be 21. For future reference, when you're calculating your body stat, reference to the 'Physical Stat' section of the proficiency page, you should find a chart that'll be a helpful guide for figuring it out. In your case, your unarmed points count for double, while your thin blades are just a flat 7.

Additionally, please put any of your expansions on the app in a spoiler!

Mark these edits in red, and tag me when they're done.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  5. Boss_of_Runes

alrighty, ill get it done! Also, how do you put things in spoiler?

6. Grimmsome

upload_2019-10-21_21-3-28.png Select this, type in the title of your spoiler, and there'll be two brackets that'll pop up! You'll want to put the content you're putting in a spoiler in-between the two brackets.

7. Boss_of_Runes

alrighty, thanks!

8. Boss_of_Runes

@Lumiess
    Did edits for the sheet!
    Fixed and added skills (to even them out)
    Changed body stat
    Added spoiler
    ALSO I added a Ailor culture for her (cause I didn't have full understanding of all that until now)
    and edited wording in the Body Shape section

that should be it! Had some friends also help cause they know this better than me, with the skills stuff so yay ;w;

9. Grimmsome

Approved, however I will note that your body stat should be 20 instead of 16 as athletic points are also doubled in regards to body stat. So you're technically able to reach ripped, should you want to increase to that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Boss_of_Runes

thank you so muuuch!!

11. Boss_of_Runes

@Lumiess
    I've made a few changes and additions to the application!
    • Added Vampirism information
    • Changed the Skills order and numbering
    • Removed a small sentence in the body stat section since it wasn't too important

Hope I've done everything correctly!! <3

12. Grimmsome

Hi! All of the rest of your edits are absolutely fine, however, the body stat of certain skills have been changed. Please check the proficiency page for these updates, and adjust your body stat accordingly.

@Boss_of_Runes

13. Boss_of_Runes

ok great! I changed the stat and it should be correct now?

14. Grimmsome

Looks good, approved.

15. Boss_of_Runes

@Lumiess

I've fixed the profs and skills and such for the updated system ^

16. Grimmsome

Looks good to me. Re-approved.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  17. Boss_of_Runes

@Lumiess
    I redid the stats for the new point buy system. I'm not sure if the body stat is correct, if you could let me know, that'd be great!

18. Grimmsome

@Boss_of_Runes Upon review, there's a few things I'll need you to change. First off, with the new system, everyone should at a base have 60 usable points. Fifty as a base, and ten points that can be invested in hobby points. For those who get the racial boost it's another five, however currently, half-races don't benefit from racial bonuses.

Currently your points total up to 54, which is fine if that's how many you wish to use, however I need to note- if you'd like to not spend some of your points, it's advised you note how many are left unspent for clarification on whether it's intentional, or the points were forgotten.

So, in total- Either note how many points you're leaving unused if it was intentional, or utilize the rest, and remove the mention of a 'Lexxon Boost' from her table, as she wouldn't have access to one. Your physical stat is presently off although I figure that'll change, but I will note for when you do fix up her points and re-do any calculations, that presently her cap should be at around 27.5

Pop me a tag once you've made the following changes.

19. Boss_of_Runes

@Lumiess
    I think I've got it fixed! I wasn't sure what the body stat would be with the new calculations since the body stat max of the two races she's mixed with are different (25 and 30), so I had them be the number between them. If that's not right, I'd love to hear back!

I also wished to know if the base amount of usable points was the same for all characters or if it was just for this one. I'm needing to redo stats for another character as well and would love to know! Thanks again :)

20. Grimmsome

Approved, but to answer your question, it's currently the same for everyone, unless if they'd have some kind of proficiency bonus through an affliction or something similar. [For example, how technically an Alais would have a higher point total than most, but only taking in consideration the fact they're receiving a free +5 Theatre Arts and +5 Dancing Arts because of the infection. Or for example, someone benefitting from the racial proficiency bonus due to their investment.]

21. Boss_of_Runes

(BUMP) The page has been updated for new character sheet updates!

22. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit