Archived Dwarven Language

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
Recently, I read a thread by The Shadow King about his Naga language. I started thinking "Why don't dwarves have a language?" So, I decided to make one. The letters and rules are listed below:

A: Ah
B: G
C: K
D: Duh
E: Oh
F: F
G: Guh
H: '
I: Eh
J: R
K: C
L: Ef
M: N
N: M
O: Oo
P: Puh
Q: Q
R: Rr
S: Es
T: S
U: U
V: Va
W: V
Y: Ja
X/Z: Dropped

Rules:
In the dwarven language, there are no X's or Z's, since they are so rarely used. I tried to base the language off of German/ Swedish. Also, every word is capitalized, and names stay the same.

Lore idea:
The dwarven language has all but died our in recent years over the more widely used Regalish. Though most dwarves can read and write in this language, know as Duhvahvaehes', few can speak it. Most dwarves only know a few words, like how to say hello and goodbye. This language started in a long gone dwarven kingdom, lost to the snows of Ellador. As of late, it has became a more popular way of sending secret messages amongst the dwarves in times of war. Some children that know this language will use it to play games.

An example of this language would be:

S'oh Quehkc Grroovm Foo Runpuhohduh Oovaohrr S'oh Efahja Duhooguh.

Have fun using this language! Give me feed back.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think dwarven should be a real language, like scandinavian.. (Norwegian, swedish, finnish and danish)

In my opinion, these languages are way too hard to learn, seeing as it looks like someone smashed their keyboard.. Not scandinavian, but languages like these..My name would be; Amohssoh, which sounds ridiculous..

Anette1play If I used a real language, you would need to learn a whole new language. Since this is based off of English, It is easier to learn. Also, it has no accent marks, unlike Swedish or Norwegian.

Norwegian, ae would be used as æ, o would be used as ø, aa would be used as å. It's not that hard.

I think dwarven should be a real language, like scandinavian.. (Norwegian, swedish, finnish and danish)

In my opinion, these languages are way too hard to learn, seeing as it looks like someone smashed their keyboard.. Not scandinavian, but languages like these..My name would be; Amohssoh, which sounds ridiculous..

indyfan98's language is essentially a code, it just replaces the English letters with other English letters. I think that trying to learn an entirely new language would be much to hard. I'm not gonna learn Swedish just so I can talk like a dwarf. :P

.. Æ, Ø and Å are norwegian letters

I wrote the "english method" like aa, o and ae.

Well, scandinavian is in fact a lore compliant language- Northerne. So eh, what I literally was saying, why not just use Northerne as the dwarven language?

Eh. It STILL would take forever to learn a new language. Not everyone knows it.

i feel like the dwrven languaage needs at least a Z in it, as mine and Asmodeus35 's RP characters both are dwarfs with the last name Rhyz

None of you spelled my name correctly -.-
MiningMac5 Joshy54100

But it'd take a lot of time, writing a sentence like that.. dghsjs djjqhshkdnajdjsjka jfjwksoiwhhzbdn. It would look like that, and take a long time.

I was talking about the dwarven language. And try to TRANSLATE a sentence.. It would be hella hard.

i feel like the dwrven languaage needs at least a Z in it, as mine and Asmodeus35 's RP characters both are dwarfs with the last name Rhyz

Yeah, in a lot of fantasy books like LotR or the Inheritance Cycle, z's are used frequently. I'd like the dwarf language to be based off of those. Make it sound similar to German/Norwegian/Swedish, basically, very thick and 'meaty' sounding :P

None of you spelled my name correctly -.-
MiningMac5 Joshy54100

But it'd take a lot of time, writing a sentence like that.. dghsjs djjqhshkdnajdjsjka jfjwksoiwhhzbdn. It would look like that, and take a long time.

The amount of time taken to learn a new language is far greater than that of learning how to type this. Though yes, this definitely needs an overhaul as far as the letters used for each equivalent letter.

I think the chosen letters were just randomly picked out.. Good thing we are finally agreeing upon something. ^^

Joshy54100

Hei Jeg bruker Google translate for å få dette stykke tekst på tvers.

translates to :
Hello I am using Google translate to get this piece of text across.

So this is Google translating english to Norwegian text.

Even if some players do not know they can use this though I wish it possible to coppy past text from the chat menue in game.

Dwarvish is already a language, on this server the Dwarvish language used is the one from Tolkien I believe, so this code would not be the Dwarvish "language" I am afraid.

There are plenty if dictionaries and translators out there on the web for this language I would advise using them if you want to speak Dwarvish Jamescl has one he uses i believe, perhaps ask him for a link.

Dwarvish is already a language, on this server the Dwarvish language used is the one from Tolkien I believe, so this code would not be the Dwarvish "language" I am afraid.

There are plenty if dictionaries and translators out there on the web for this language I would advise using them if you want to speak Dwarvish Jamescl has one he uses i believe, perhaps ask him for a link.

Jamescl link pl0xx thx

Status
Not open for further replies.