Dusk Waters-character Application

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Doeelk, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

[​IMG]

███████████████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]
    ██████████████████████████████

[​IMG]

Róisín Dusk Waters

"Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
    ~Hans Christian Andersen~

[​IMG]

Spoiler: Theme Song

LOVIN' YOU - MINNIE RIPERTON - HARP COVER - Sam MacAdam - WEDDING MUSIC
    [​IMG]
    Character Information

❀❁❀
    Full Name: Róisín Dusk Waters
    Aontaithe Name: Róisín Ciaradh Ui Uisgeachan
    Race: ¾ Aontaithe, ¼ Heartland Ceardian
    Sex: Female/Female Presenting
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Eye Color: Forest Green

[​IMG]

█████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]
    █████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]
    Skill Information

❀❁❀
    Unused Points: 4

Strength - 2 Points
    Melee Weapon Point-Buy
    Fistcuffs Pack
    Duelist Pack

Constitution - 4 Points
    Defensive Point-Buy

Bastion Pack
    Bulwark Pack

Crafting Point-Buy
    Threads Craft Pack
    Earthenware Craft Pack

Wisdom - 0 Points

Dexterity - 0 Points

Magic - 2 Points
    Spell Packs

Blessings
    Illusionism

Specials
    Altered Voice
    Arcane Wardrobe
    Dressage Cleanse
    Emote Infuse
    Floral Element

Life Wall

Charisma - 2 Points
    Language Point-Buy
    Western Linguist Pack

Presence Point-Buy
    Pet Husbandry Pack
    Duck - Iacha
    [​IMG]

████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]
    ██████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]

Body Shape

❀❁❀
    Physical Stat: 16
    Having 15-19 Physical Stat is considered slightly above average

Body Type: Average
    Meaning having functional muscle, but without definition

Body Fat: Average
    Which is as implied, average.
    [​IMG]

███████████████████████████████
    [​IMG]
    ███████████████████████████████

[​IMG]

Languages

❀❁❀
    Common (Learned in Childhood)
    The central Language of the Regalian Empire, being used in everyday communication by millions.

Aontaithe (Cultural)
    The Aontaithe people speak the Aontaithe Language, which is sometimes also nicknamed “Aon”. The language has largely come about from Old Ceardian receiving syllable pronunciation from Allorn Altalar, thus creating a more melodious version of old Ailor languages.

Western Languages (Western Linguist Pack)
    d'Ithanie, Lëtz, Altalar, Allorn, Agasi, Sulvaley, Sinnayed, Saan, Katharic, Ibeth, and Vasar

[​IMG]

███████████████████████████
    [​IMG]
    ███████████████████████████
    [​IMG]

Visual Information

❀❁❀
    Eye Color
    Emerald Green
    Skin Color
    Pale and Freckled
    Hair Color
    Ginger
    Hair Style
    Loose
    Height
    5’6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

█████████████████████████████████████████████

[​IMG]

Personality and Abilities

❀❁❀
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others.
    He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them.

Personality Type: Campaigner (ENFP-personality)
    Someone with the extraverted, intuitive, feeling, and prospecting personality traits.
    These people tend to embrace big ideas and actions that reflect their sense of hope and goodwill toward others. Their vibrant energy can flow in many directions.

Religion
    Agnostic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Life Story

❀❁❀
    - Dusk Waters was born in Regalia to Aiden and Catherine Waters -
    - Dusk spent her early to teen years helping out her mother on the farm -
    - Dusk decided that she wanted to explore the world and create her own path in life -
    - Dusk came to Regalia because she wanted to find her own way in the world -

❀❁❀

Róisín “Dusk” Waters was born the second child of Aidan and Catherine Waters. She came into the world in the city of Regalia, but didn’t grow up there and instead grew up in the woods on a small farm with her mother, father, sister Meira, and eventually her little brother James. Dusk's mother was deeply invested in the ways of other cultures and eventually found a deep interest in the Ailor culture of Highland Ceardian, thus the family had moved away from the city's grandeur and had chosen a life of simplicity. Dusk's father on the other hand spent many long months away while serving in the Regalian Navy and when he returned to regaled Dusk and her siblings with tales of the open seas, something that greatly interested both her older sister and younger brother, but not Dusk who preferred the home front. Growing up Dusk was very close with her mother, Catherine, who she would garden with and take care of the farm with while her father and siblings were away. Her mother often taught her about the inclusivity of other cultures and would tell Dusk stories from around the world, showing her the importance of inclusivity and to never assume someone's character based off of their differences from you. Dusk (Who by this point just went by her middle name, deciding early on that her birth given first name was to stuffy) and her siblings were never raised religiously, as both of her parents had had bad experiences with religion in the background, and neither had grown up in an overly pious household. As she grew up it became apparent that Dusk had an affinity for nature, cooking, and singing as they were things she did often while doing her daily chores. This affinity for nature gave her an even deeper appreciation of the world around her and all of the creatures who inhabited it.

When she was eighteen Meira left the family farm to begin studying at the academy of alchemy. This of course saddened Dusk and she would miss her sister, who she grew up being close to, but she had confidence that they would be alright without her. This proved to be not entirely true as later on that year Dusk's father died from a fall while taking a walk in the woods. Dusk was devastated about her father's death, but knew she had to be strong for her mother and little brother, James. When her father died Dusk’s mother became an emotional wreck and struggled to function on a day to day schedule. This lack of drive in her mother pushed Dusk to take care of the family and push herself further, biting off more than she could chew and struggling to take care of the farm, even with James’ help. This work load only lightened when her sister Meira came home a few years after her father's death and stayed with the family to help them make ends meet. Having all three of her children home seemed to help their mother regain her old self for a while as she began to take better care of herself and help as most she could around the farm. Evidently the years of emotional distress had weakened their mothers health and a few months after Meira left again, their mother caught a disease and died. After their mother's death Dusk bid her brother James goodbye as he sailed off, going to make his own way in the world. For a while Dusk stayed and tended the home, but saw no future there without her family and something in the city called to her. Dusk sold her family home and split the money three ways, sending two parts of it to her siblings, she then moved to the city. Upon arriving in Regalia Dusk quickly got a job at the Nestled Nook and soon got promoted to Assistant Manager. She later made several good friends and hopes to maybe build her own business if given the opportunity. Dusk eventually reunited with both her siblings in the city and now hosts them at her own home, something she’s happy to do, just enjoying having her family back together. Dusk's goal is to build a good life for herself like her parent’s did and maybe bring a little positivity to the world, which is something that she always strives to do.

[​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Doeelk, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

Hi there @Doeelk I'll be reviewing this application.

3. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

Hi there, so we'll jump quickly into the application, so that you can begin playing this character approvedly! Please make any edits in Dark Blue!
    • Race:
      • You've stated that her race is Ailor, however, Ailor have a number of different cultures in which they can be. From the Regal Cultures, to the Heartland Cultures - there are a great number to pick from. You should give this page a read through and find one that fits her best. https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Cultures
    • Basic Information:
      • Name: Names are tricky, because although you have a lot of creative freedom, you should always pick one that fits with the Lore, Culture and circumstance of the character. Dusk Waters is a very strange name for a character, so I would consider renaming her based off of the Culture of Ailor that you pick.
    • Life Story:
      • It's possible for the character to be born in Regalia, however, it might add more flavour to them to be born in a region relevant to their culture/race.
      • I'd like you to develop upon Dusk's experiences in her life story, by adding information equivalent to a second paragraph. I'd like you to go into some greater detail about her life, adding in dates and key events that forged the character, and perhaps an explanation as to why she's Atheist? Afterall, Unionism is the common faith for Ailor and Regalia (where she lives).
    Please tag me when you've made these edits! @Doeelk

4. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

Hi @Lord_Immortal I made most of the edits you asked burn I do not want to to change her name. Mostly due to the fact that I’ve already been playing Dusk for two months now and have other forum postings with her name and that’s what most people know her by. I hope that’s alright but I did do the other changes. Thank you for your consideration! :)

5. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

Hi there @Doeelk , please carry out these edits in Dark Orange!
    • Heartland Cultures; There are a number of cultures within the heartland cultures category. Please read through them, and pick one that makes sense to the character.
    • Physical Stat: Bodycare no longer provides any physical stat.
    • Name: You may keep the name, however, I would change it to a nickname rather than their official birth name. This being that there are very few self-respecting Regalians that would give their children a name so outlandish as 'Dusk'. Please come up with a birth name in their life story, that fits with the culture chosen.
    • Chosen Culture; Please read through the culture that you've chosen and find a way to somehow rope this into the character. For example, with Heartland Ceardian, as a culture, the character might have been raised to have an appreciation of Mythic Style paintings of vividly depicted naval battles or of Sea monsters. This is of course just an example, as the Heartland Ceardian's culture would not fit the aesthetic or life story of this char.
    • Life Story; Separate your life story into at least two paragraphs. Currently, it is a very large chunk of text making it far less appealing to read.
    Please tag me when you are finished with these edits.

6. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Lord_Immortal I'm done with the edits, I hope they were satisfactory! For some reason my computer isn't allowing me to indent on the life story but I highlighted the works in pink where there are supposed to be indentations! Please get back to me at your earliest convenience! :D

7. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

8. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

Hi @Lord_Immortal I just changed my profs due to the new profs system. I added 10 points to my three arts!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

Hi @Lord_Immortal Dusk aged to 24 so I just have an extra point to Natura care sciences xoxo

10. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Claimed for review, and also here's a review.

Once again, please clarify what you are spending hobby points into. Just state;
    +11 Culinary Arts (+10 Hobby, +1 Age)

You do not need to clarify everything, you must however indicate what hobby points are being spent.

11. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

12. Caelamus

Please read over the proficiency page where-in hobby points are clarified. And equally use the example provided.

13. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Caelamus Hi! Sorry i'm late, family trouble. I think I fixed it so here you go!

14. Caelamus

15. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Caelamus Hi! I edited Dusk's languages and backstory a little bit as well as some aesthetic changes so I just wanted to let you know

16. Caelamus

17. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Caelamus I changed up Dusks's prof's so she can be fluent in Ithanian!

18. Caelamus

19. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

20. Caelamus

21. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

22. Caelamus

23. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Caelamus I redid Dusks character application and it's ready for re-review!

24. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

25. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

@Athelois I'm not 100% sure if you're my new reviewer, but I did a very late redo of my character application xoxo

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  26. microwavemmm

microwavemmm no such thing

Hi, your app's been swiped (by me). Here's my review. @Doeelk

• You're over your 50 Skill Point limit by just one point! It should be an easy fix, though.
    Also, you may want to consider updating your app to the new template, but it's not necessary. Tag me once you've made the appropriate edit(s), thanks.

27. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

Not me messing up one number LOL, it should hopefully be fixed now!

28. microwavemmm

microwavemmm no such thing

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  29. Doeelk

Doeelk gay, just gay

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. Caelamus