Archived Duel Wielding?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dulcissima

sweet like honeysuckle
Reaction score
'ello, m'dearies~.

The Concept:
Alright, I was thinking, that when you open your inventory on Massivecraft, there should be two slots of wielding. This would enhance roleplay, say you were holding an emerald as a wedding ring (Darknesscrusher raynesummer) instead of having to hold it all the time, you could put it in the second slot.
Why?:
Because I think it would look a lot nicer, considering that having to hold something all the time for roleplay.
How?:
When Forge and MPM update, we could add this as an edition to the plugins on Massivecraft.
That is all for now, folks; leave any comments that you wish to input. Although, please refrain from insults.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Again, if a single (properly used) neutral rating bothers you SO MUCH, I will delete it.
It's not the rating that's bothered me ._.
It's the fact that I responded to it in a funny, (semi-)friendly way, and you suddenly went on the offence ._.
I'm terribly sorry I didn't put big bold letters saying:
"I'm Just Kidding Guys, No Need To Get Your Panties In A Twist"

However, I realise now, I probably should have, and I'll add it in now.
Do with your rating what you want ._.

Mostly because I cant look at this thread without thinking of this

tumblr_my0rg41Pic1qh4hduo1_500.jpg

It's not the rating that's bothered me ._.
It's the fact that I responded to it in a funny, (semi-)friendly way, and you suddenly went on the offence ._.
I'm terribly sorry I didn't put big bold letters saying:
"I'm Just Kidding Guys, No Need To Get Your Panties In A Twist"

However, I realise now, I probably should have, and I'll add it in now.
Do with your rating what you want ._.

I'm not going to reply anymore, I don't want to further taint this post. If you wish we can continue out discussion in a private conversation.

Hooray, I could then do 2x the armor damage. -1 not thought out and would require a mod to see.

"What do you mean you didn't get the (Server mod) god! You %#$@ing horrible roleplayer!".

-This is something someone told me when we had the client side Mo' Players Mod.

-I don't want people saying this to me about a client-side dual-wield mod.

-If it's not client side (optional), Forget that shiznit all together.

I disagree with this idea unless it does not apply to tools, weapons, and your fist. Wielding 2 axes is stupid, an axe and a pick is stupid as well as none of those work in real life. However if you can only use decorations together, then I think it is a marvelous idea. Either way, you should probably clear this up in the OP.

While it would be nice to have it would be extremely difficult to code. A server can in no way tell the client that another client has a second item selected and that this item is in the other hand. The vanilla client would not understand it. There is nothing regarding off hand useage in vanilla.

The only way would be to have an invisible player a few pixels besides each normal holding whatever that player wants as secondary slot so it even remotely looks non crappy (other alternative, floating item).
Both variants would probably put quite a load on the server and clients.

Note that while I am not a modder I understand enough of Minecrafts mechanics to know that this would be one hell of a pain to code without a client side mod to help.

TL : DR :
Usefullness:Work Ratio is very bad. Not supported

Stop the flame now, Jack The Unseen and Golemlord. Do not derail this thread's topic and start arguing over such petty things. You can continue this conversation in a private one, as Golemlord had said. Please do not abuse ratings, etc, etc.

Come on guys, you both have been using the forums long enough to know this. :) Let's follow the rules now.

~ Imboring56, Your Friendly Neighborhood Forum Mod

While it would be nice to have it would be extremely difficult to code. A server can in no way tell the client that another client has a second item selected and that this item is in the other hand. The vanilla client would not understand it. There is nothing regarding off hand useage in vanilla.

The only way would be to have an invisible player a few pixels besides each normal holding whatever that player wants as secondary slot so it even remotely looks non crappy (other alternative, floating item).
Both variants would probably put quite a load on the server and clients.

Note that while I am not a modder I understand enough of Minecrafts mechanics to know that this would be one hell of a pain to code without a client side mod to help.

TL : DR :
Usefullness:Work Ratio is very bad. Not supported

Yes, this would be extremly difficult, if not impossible, to code.
But it's not a problem if you make a mod, and add a plugin to the server that allows this mod on the server (exactly like More Player Models).
In More Player Models, you wear the item of your first item slot on your back. Dual wielding would pretty much work like this.

And I'm sure there already are a couple of mods that allow dual wielding, including a plugin for servers.

Ugh, sorry if my English is bad.

Stop the flame now, Jack The Unseen and Golemlord. Do not derail this thread's topic and start arguing over such petty things. You can continue this conversation in a private one, as Golemlord had said. Please do not abuse ratings, etc, etc.

Come on guys, you both have been using the forums long enough to know this. :) Let's follow the rules now.

~ Imboring56, Your Friendly Neighborhood Forum Mod

My apologies.
I started a forum conversation an hopefully the two of us can resolve our conflict without any major hostile feelings.

Honestly it would not go with the coding to be able to wield more than one weapon at a time, but holding an item in both hands is not impossible, you just wouldn't be able to use it. Perhaps if you wanted to show off your dazzling wedding ring, there could be a slot to be able to hold (but not use it). Dual weapon wielding is not designed for minecraft, and minecraft is not designed for dual weapon wielding!! Since the mod would have to be a mom mod and only people with the mod could use it and see it (like mpm), it would only serve as a roleplay thing (and even less abused than mpm since you cant actually wield the weapon since, again, it is only seen by those who have it.) Like Terence29 said, there could be a special slot for the second hand's visibility with the item, like how things were displayed on our backs using mpm. Though this could be a really cool thing for roleplay, the coding would be difficult without client side mods which are a pain in the butt. If there's one mod already out there for this and it would save Cayor the time from coding it then so be it, why not add it in? :D

Yes, this would be extremly difficult, if not impossible, to code.
But it's not a problem if you make a mod, and add a plugin to the server that allows this mod on the server (exactly like More Player Models).
In More Player Models, you wear the item of your first item slot on your back. Dual wielding would pretty much work like this.

And I'm sure there already are a couple of mods that allow dual wielding, including a plugin for servers.

Ugh, sorry if my English is bad.

Yes if you make it like with more player models and keep it purely optical it would indeed be possible. Changed stance to neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.