Decree Of The Holy Sancella

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by _GoldWolf_, Mar 6, 2021.

1. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

[​IMG]

DECREE OF THE HOLY SANCELLA
    Segensschreiben und die Ehren der Sancella

[​IMG]
    HIS DIVINE, Aelfric Harhold
    High Reverend Emeritus Manfried II, Reverend of the Holy Sancella in Anglia and the Regalian Capital, Ordained servant of the Imperial Spirit and His faithful, salutation and Imperial benediction.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Heron Wilhelm the Green

The Writ of Blessing has been for centuries a great honor bestowed by the Sancella, particularly, the Holy Synod. Even with the Holy Synod’s end, the Writ of Blessing remains to be a great privilege imparted unto those who it deems worthy of such distinction in the proving of their virtue and faith before the institution which has safeguarded it for centuries. It is this tradition which I deem a necessity in this day and age in which faith wanes, to raise above others those who have devoted themselves to the one true faith even despite the adversary which is the modern times.

Before I bestow unto one man my first Writ of Blessing in this changed Church, I wish to found the doctrine of which shall be followed for months and hopefully years to come. So as to not dilute the merit of the Writ of Blessing, I so do command that Sancellist Reverends are to take great care into selecting those who shall receive this high honor. We must not allow all and everyone to be bestowed a Writ, lest it be meaningless. Instead, the distinction of which is bestowed must be maintained and safeguarded by the Sancella and therefore, we caution all Reverends of the Sancella to limit those Writs of Blessing bestowed to a small number so as to ensure the prestige of the Writ remains immense.

With that said, I so do affirm that a Sancellist Writ of Blessing shall be bestowed unto His Grace, the Duke of Drachenwald (@FireFan96 )for his everclear faith in the Spirit and the Church and his efforts to expand and strengthen the vehicle of faith through law, construction, and virtue. I cannot think of many others more worthy and so, by the authority granted to me by the Sancella and this vocation ordained by the Holy Spirit, I grant this honor upon the Duke with the hopes that it will further his mission to forever be devoted to the Holy Spirit and His Creeds.

I too harken back to the first Bull of His High Holiness, Faustus VII, in which he founded the Order of the Ordained Knights of Eurlon’s Sepulchre. It was this order which was maintained under the Holy Synod as a titular one, the Knightly title granted to those who showed great skill and faith, as His High Holiness did so affirm, “These holy knights, as pious as they are Imperial will be as shining paragons of Unionism and embodiment of ideals.This titular Order dubbed the Knights Of Eurlon’s Sepulchre are not part of the Sanchella’s formal hierarchy or structure, but serve the Empire as they see fit. To ensure competence not only battle din, all who wish to name themselves a holy knight must be approved and tested by the Synod. Only the most pure and skilled will be allowed to call themselves Ordained Knights, May they lead the way and support the people of the faith so they may contemplate the face of mercy.”

It is my goal to reinstate this order, placing it into a much more titular field then it once was and instead being an honor along the lines of the Writ of Blessing. I have no candidates in mind to be granted this honor of induction into the Order of the Ordained Knights of Eurlon’s Sepulchre, yet pray that it, as does the Writ of Blessing, will inspire in the hearts of those receivers of the honor (in months to come) a great flame to fuel their faith tenfold as we all tread this path in His name.

Dated the Sixth of the Third Month, 309AC

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Powerful Powerful x 4