Archived Deceased Characters

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlookabear

Meanest Orc of all. Baddest bear in the business.
Reaction score
Website
map.massivecraft.com
Introduction:

A sub-section within the "Role-play Character Storage" section on the forums for dead characters. When a character dies, a short story can be written discussing the lead-up to, and the death of a character.

Why:

Some characters which I have seen pass away have had too much of an influence on the role-play of others for them to just die and have their thread deleted. I believe their legacy should continue, people can always go back and look at their old characters, or just for general reference to their friends.

How:

Players with approved characters can choose to write a short story (or just have their thread deleted altogether) discussing the lead-up to, and the death of a character. The thread (obviously including the legacy of the character) will be moved by a moderator to the new section. Any approved character is worthy of a place, saying they're not important enough would be unfair, they put time and effort into it.

This is coming from a player who enjoys PvP, I just feel it can be unfair to role-players, who fear the death of their character; it could be gone forever. This may encourage players to let their characters die.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd like this for the characters who deserve it, the ones who've had an influence in Regalia and to RP in general as a testiment to them. If somebody starts an order for example, one that gets a seal of approval, when the character dies, there's no trace of them. I love this idea, mainly for that reason.

The_Last_Miner1 said:

-sighs loudly- To be frank, I don't feel the need to keep arguing on this post. Mon has already stated that he is not a fan of the idea and I have lost most of my excitement, so I don't see this getting instituted.
However, what I meant by reading my post again is this: You said characters who others do not know of should not have the right to post their character in this section. My point was that these character may not be known by the "popular" people on the server, but that shouldn't prevent them from being able to show their character's life story. I mean, someone obviously is going to know them, but that person doesn't have to be someone that everyone else knows.

@The_Last_Miner1
Let's say the wait is a month. Mathematically, the annoyance gained by adding a month to that wait is significantly less than the happiness gained by taking a month away. And this would most certainly not add an entire month to waiting times. ('specially as they're recruiting staff)
Besides, it's pretty pointless seeing as how Mon has already said he doesn't like the idea.

Last edited:
-sighs loudly- To be frank, I don't feel the need to keep arguing on this post. Mon has already stated that he is not a fan of the idea and I have lost most of my excitement, so I don't see this getting instituted.
However, what I meant by reading my post again is this: You said characters who others do not know of should not have the right to post their character in this section. My point was that these character may not be known by the "popular" people on the server, but that shouldn't prevent them from being able to show their character's life story. I mean, someone obviously is going to know them, but that person doesn't have to be someone that everyone else knows.
@The_Last_Miner1
Let's say the wait is a month. Mathematically, the annoyance gained by adding a month to that wait is significantly less than the happiness gained by taking a month away. And this would most certainly not add an entire month to waiting times. ('specially as they're recruiting staff)
Besides, it's pretty pointless seeing as how Mon has already said he doesn't like the idea.
Reading over this again, I'm going to have to admit that this might be a good idea if the staff would support it.

This seems to not have been commented on in a while. I'll see if I can't start discussion again. :)
@Pyromaniacal; if anyone gets the opportunity, then the staff will have to go and moderate that, too. They already have to do character apps and those take a while to get reviewed now anyways: do you really want even longer of a wait, because the mods have to filter that section of spam?
Once again, Ryceria already commented on the fact that people feel they don't have enough time.
New roleplay staff members have less to focus on as they've been barely recruited and as a result , can put more time into character apps. Older roleplay staff members have lore, quests, and various other things to do. And the motivation newer roleplay staff is astounding.

Also:

@The_Last_Miner1

And MonMarty is the voice of a community which includes hundreds of players - nobody gets a voice? A final decision is made by one person and one person only? Some "community."

@elldave16
Tell that to Mon. I'm no great fan either, but if Mon says he hates the idea, you can pretty much guarantee it's going nowhere any time soon...

Wow, I am amazed you managed to necro this thread successfully @The_Last_Miner1. While @elldave16 turned it into a off-topic thread about voicing your negative opinion of staff members and the community as a whole. (facepalm)

@Imboring56 @gridiron1024
How did I take it off-topic in ANY-WAY? I said that IF that is the case; IF MonMarty truly does speak for the whole community, then some "community" it is. The irony being a community is a group of people.

And I was correcting The_Last_Miner1 on his earlier post about how the staff will not have time, despite what Ryceria said.

Not really taking it off-topic, is it?

How did I take it off-topic in ANY-WAY? I said that IF that is the case; IF MonMarty truly does speak for the whole community, then some "community" it is.

And I was correcting The_Last_Miner1 on his earlier post about how the staff will not have time, despite what Ryceria said.

Not really taking it off-topic, is it?
Well since we aren't talking about the thread topic, and are instead talking about how your post isn't off topic...

So the catalyst here is whom?
I think I will be the bigger person and move this topic along, as this is nearing flame.

While the idea is nice and the result would be interesting, the cons outweigh the pros in my mind and thus I must say that I prefer this not be implemented.

I think I will be the bigger person and move this topic along, as this is nearing flame.

While the idea is nice and the result would be interesting, the cons outweigh the pros in my mind and thus I must say that I prefer this not be implemented.
And those cons are? Insightful opinion might I add. Much detail.

Pros: Something else for me to do on the forums, interesting character reads, a place to put long gone characters.

Cons: More staff work, thread spam, non-compliant threads all around, revival of controversy over dead characters, new rules over characters, meta-gaming potential to the extreme.

Is that good enough for you @elldave16?

Pros: Something else for me to do on the forums, interesting character reads, a place to put long gone characters.

Cons: More staff work, thread spam, non-compliant threads all around, revival of controversy over dead characters, new rules over characters, meta-gaming potential to the extreme.

Is that good enough for you @elldave16?
That's good.

And as much as I would love to debunk everything you just said (the obvious one being "staff work," as I said, and as you quoted me on - Ryceria has already said is not a problem) I am not patient enough.

That's good.

And as much as I would love to debunk everything you just said (the obvious one being "staff work," as I said, and as you quoted me on - Ryceria has already said is not a problem) I am not patient enough.
"And those deubunks are? Insightful opinion might I add. Much detail."

Don't be a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.