Archived Combat Tag- A Must!!!!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

NLWsauceBOSS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Faction
CivitasAurum
The essential PvP plugin that prevents hit-n-quit players. No longer will the fun of killing other players be ruined!

Combat tag is a plugin that can prevent your players from pvp logging, period.
Reason why they developed this:
When your players are in the heat of battle, sometimes someone gets cold feet, and logs out while in combat!
This means that the player can no longer be harmed, because they are offline.
This can be EXTREMELY irritating to other players, because the person they were attacking, is now safe and keeps all of their items.

I found a plugin that allows this to not happen. Here are some things it does \/\/

How it works:
-Combat tag makes it impossible to pvp log!

-When a player is struck by another player, combat tag logs it in its log.

-If one of the players logs off within 10 seconds (time can be changed) of being struck, combat tag comes to play.

-Combat tag makes it so that if the player logs off within the ten second field, he spawns an NPC with the same inventory/health as him.

-The player that was attacking then can attack the NPC, and the same is done to the logged off player.

-If the player kills the NPC, the player that logged off in combat is also killed, and drops everything in their inventory.

-If the player causes damage to the NPC, the player that is logged off also takes the damage (including armor).

Video Demonstration:

Video tutorial español:

Features:

• Tracks players in combat
  • Custom tag time
  • Supports disabling in specified worlds
  • Supports disabling commands while in combat
  • Use /ct or /combattag to keep track of how long until combat is over
How to install:
Everything that is needed for an install should be located here:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/setup/

Config:
Explanation of the config file options:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/config-file/

Commands:
There are five commands:
All "ct" can be replaced with "combattag"

/ct = Check your remaining tag time
/ct reload = Reload Combat Tag's configuration file
/ct wipe = Wipes all npcs on the map
/ct command add /<command> = Adds command to blocked commands list
/ct command remove /<command> = Removes command from blocked commands list

Permissions:
There are currently four permission nodes:
Note: Ops automatically get permissions

combattag.ignore = Player does not get tagged and doesn't spawn npcs
combattag.ignore.pvplog = Player does get tagged, but doesn't spawn npcs
combattag.reload = Allow player to reload the Combat Tag configuration file
combattag.wipe = Allow player to wipe all npcs on the map
combattag.command = Allow player to modify disabled commands from in game
combattag.alert = Alert people with this permission of a person logging out while in pvp

Source:
https://github.com/cheddar262/Combat-Tag

Problems:
If you have any bugs or feature requests, go here!:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/tickets/

API:
If you wish to use the Combat Tag API:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/using-the-api/

THANKS FOR READING

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I kind of like this, I kind of don't. Adding on to the already hefty amount of plugins Massive has that affect PvP could cause even more lag in PvP.

Also, I don't really like this solution of using an NPC, since if the NPC doesn't try to fight back or heal itself like a normal player would then it might be considered unfair. For example, it seems every few hours my internet has random bursts where it disconnects for about 10 seconds then reconnects, which usually causes me to disconnect from a server.

Video Demonstration:
Did whoever record this by chance use a potato?

Last edited:
The essential PvP plugin that prevents hit-n-quit players. No longer will the fun of killing other players be ruined!

Combat tag is a plugin that can prevent your players from pvp logging, period.
Reason why they developed this:
When your players are in the heat of battle, sometimes someone gets cold feet, and logs out while in combat!
This means that the player can no longer be harmed, because they are offline.
This can be EXTREMELY irritating to other players, because the person they were attacking, is now safe and keeps all of their items.

I found a plugin that allows this to not happen. Here are some things it does \/\/

How it works:
-Combat tag makes it impossible to pvp log!

-When a player is struck by another player, combat tag logs it in its log.

-If one of the players logs off within 10 seconds (time can be changed) of being struck, combat tag comes to play.

-Combat tag makes it so that if the player logs off within the ten second field, he spawns an NPC with the same inventory/health as him.

-The player that was attacking then can attack the NPC, and the same is done to the logged off player.

-If the player kills the NPC, the player that logged off in combat is also killed, and drops everything in their inventory.

-If the player causes damage to the NPC, the player that is logged off also takes the damage (including armor).

Video Demonstration:

Video tutorial español:

Features:

• Tracks players in combat
  • Custom tag time
  • Supports disabling in specified worlds
  • Supports disabling commands while in combat
  • Use /ct or /combattag to keep track of how long until combat is over
How to install:
Everything that is needed for an install should be located here:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/setup/

Config:
Explanation of the config file options:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/config-file/

Commands:
There are five commands:
All "ct" can be replaced with "combattag"

/ct = Check your remaining tag time
/ct reload = Reload Combat Tag's configuration file
/ct wipe = Wipes all npcs on the map
/ct command add /<command> = Adds command to blocked commands list
/ct command remove /<command> = Removes command from blocked commands list

Permissions:
There are currently four permission nodes:
Note: Ops automatically get permissions

combattag.ignore = Player does not get tagged and doesn't spawn npcs
combattag.ignore.pvplog = Player does get tagged, but doesn't spawn npcs
combattag.reload = Allow player to reload the Combat Tag configuration file
combattag.wipe = Allow player to wipe all npcs on the map
combattag.command = Allow player to modify disabled commands from in game
combattag.alert = Alert people with this permission of a person logging out while in pvp

Source:
https://github.com/cheddar262/Combat-Tag

Problems:
If you have any bugs or feature requests, go here!:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/tickets/

API:
If you wish to use the Combat Tag API:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/pages/using-the-api/

THANKS FOR READING
Npc Needs to Fight Back or do something

Npc shouldn't fight back. What if it is better than the player, people should just not combat log.
The only true problem is when people loose their internet connection and gets disconnected. Games like WoW also requires you to wait 10 seconds to log off successfully, I don't see why minecraft pvp is much different.

Npc shouldn't fight back. What if it is better than the player, people should just not combat log.
The only true problem is when people loose their internet connection and gets disconnected. Games like WoW also requires you to wait 10 seconds to log off successfully, I don't see why minecraft pvp is much different.
I see your point. I think a good way of doing it would be to instantly kill the player if they have pacifist false and are under three hearts, and then combat log.

I see your point. I think a good way of doing it would be to instantly kill the player if they have pacifist false and are under three hearts, and then combat log.
That could help. But a Npc is still better than insta kill. What if you opponent died too. Or you combat log at 5 hearts because your enemy only had lost 1. I am not the big pvp'er. The internet issue might be hard to solve. Unless Mojang made it so, it tells the disconnect reason. But then people could use hacked clients and "lie" to the server. Always when using anti cheat plugins it can harm legit players. I sometimes get kicked for flying when I get connection issues.

Last edited:
I'd rather say that the server should save a log/proof of players who logs off in the middle of a fight (if it not already does that.) Then you could just make a ticket or report that player on the forums.
I'm against pvp loggers but i don't think that replacing people with a npc after logging out in combat would be the right way to solve this problem.

The only issue I have ever seen with plugins like these is if the plugin/console is smart enough/can detect a timeout (due to internet going out) or a player disconnect (typical combat log.)

How long would the npc stay there?

Wouldn't this also be triggered, if say you somehow took other kinds of damage and logged out right away? (Say, like falling, fighting zombies, potions of harming, ect)

That's stupid. What if a player has connection problems or his power goes down? The NPC just stands there until someone comes along and murders it.
If a player has a connection problem they should not be PVPing in the first place as for the power going off well that just happens some times and your going to have to deal with it.

Also I'm pretty sure there is a setting to make the npc stay there for a certain time.

The only issue I have ever seen with plugins like these is if the plugin/console is smart enough/can detect a timeout (due to internet going out) or a player disconnect (typical combat log.)
If this plugin does not support that there are other one that do.

If a player has a connection problem they should not be PVPing in the first place as for the power going off well that just happens some times and your going to have to deal with it.

Also I'm pretty sue there is a setting to make the npc stay there for a certain time.
My connection goes fine 95% of the time. But living in an apartment close to other people, there is a limitation in the air. Meaning I can't do shit about, kher than having a 15 metre cable going through my apartment, also blocking doors from closing properly.
Sometimes the connection just goes unstable for a few seconds enough to kill you in pvp. Saying that is like saying, only poems should play on the server. Not everyone have the ability to get a great connection.

My connection goes fine 95% of the time. But living in an apartment close to other people, there is a limitation in the air. Meaning I can't do shit about, kher than having a 15 metre cable going through my apartment, also blocking doors from closing properly.
Sometimes the connection just goes unstable for a few seconds enough to kill you in pvp. Saying that is like saying, only poems should play on the server. Not everyone have the ability to get a great connection.
So your saying we should just keep it so people log off and we don't get there stuff and it's pointless to fight?

So your saying we should just keep it so people log off and we don't get there stuff and it's pointless to fight?
No what I say is. Just because your connection goes unstable for a short duration of times or cuts off. Doesn't mean you should be killed, without any chance to defend yourself. It is already harsh enough if you have a bad connection so you can' that your enemy all the time.

No what I say is. Just because your connection goes unstable for a short duration of times or cuts off. Doesn't mean you should be killed, without any chance to defend yourself. It is already harsh enough if you have a bad connection so you can' that your enemy all the time.
Well then what is a suggestion?

I doubt you can judge whether you like another human being over a single internet forum post...
Essentially all of the posts besides around the first five have been a bit negative and sarcastic, I just dont like people who are like that. Posted by him atleast.

Essentially all of the posts besides around the first five have been a bit negative and sarcastic, I just dont like people who are like that. Posted by him atleast.
Like Joshy54100 said, it is hard to pick up tone. People often fail to recognize sarcasm, or seriousness, but you can't just decide you don't like him because you fail to recognize the tone of the comment. It really only makes you look bad. Though the original poser/commenter is still at fault at some point where he doesn't leave something like "(lol jk)" or explain why he is seriously upset about something to let the reader know his opinion on whatever matter.

This seems less and less about stopping rule breakers and more and more about you getting gear with every post you make...

I can't really argue wether this should/shouldn't be put in the play on Massivecraft. I mean when I used to pvp a long time ago, only a few combat logged which made me angry but you know I got over it. Well, I would like to see this plugin even though I don't really play MassiveCraft anymore. But it does have it's advantages and disadvantages. For example: if someone has bad internet connection and they disconnect during a battle, I think it's unfair. But if they combat log because of being scared they might die, hell, spawn an NPC and kill it and take his stuff. They deserve it. But remember.. Minecraft is just a game..

I honestly hate this. I have tons of connection issues. I have crashed before in RP events when more than 10 people are present. It can get back. So just because yon want to be a jerk and target people to get their gear, doesn't mean there has to be a plugin to help you. I know I am playing devils advocate, but perhaps there is reason some people combat log. Like noobs that don't want to lose everything. This plugin WILL make people quit the server. I do to think people realize, more people have connection issues than combat log. And sometimes these people are not bad. I forget who it was, @KyleDinny perhaps, but this happened in my war against his faction. I crashed, came back 2 hours later after I mowed the lawn, and get this people... I let him kill me! I suggest people who blame connection do this more, to prove it isn't just an excuse. However, suggestion letting people just kill NPCs to get free stuff is just as bad as combat logging. Obviously all you care about is taking things from lesser players. The number of times this helps is miniature compared to the benefits. Rant over :P

Existing combat logging solutions are not sharding compatible, and thus can't be used on MassiveCraft. If Cay does take the time to code a plugin for this, it will most likely be one where appropriate stuff is dropped if someone logs out when Pacifist false.

It could be like a chance of 4 random items drop that's in the loggers inventory. If they have pacifist false and are on low health

It could be like a chance of 4 random items drop that's in the loggers inventory. If they have pacifist false and are on low health
The problem I see with this is it gives an advantage to pvpers who fight with inventories of health pots, over those who fight only with only the basics, a sword/axe, food, and maybe a bow and arrow. Those fighting with full inventories might lose 4 instant health pots, while those with only the basics would lose everything.

Well then what is a suggestion?
You're forgetting about people who don't live near north america, people in australia and other farther away countries already don't get a very good connection to massive to begin with, I often dc not because my internet slows down, but simply because I am playing on a north american server, this plug in pretty much makes pvp even more bias towards american players who /can/ have a consistant connection. This idea just simply doesn't fit in with a server of this size.

the npc shouldn't fight back cause it just did something that by massivecrafts rules is illegal they shouldn't get almost rewarded for doing something like that

Actually, if I'm correct, it is only illegal if done A) as trolling the opponent or B) do it multiple times....

the npc shouldn't fight back cause it just did something that by massivecrafts rules is illegal they shouldn't get almost rewarded for doing something like that
How is it a reward? Npc has no skill and slightly good point. Maybe NPC has reduced damage?