Dated Combat Changes/hopper Suggestion

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Brentorockz, Sep 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Brentorockz

Brentorockz

Hi, I just wanted to make 2 suggestions I've been thinking about it for a while I don't know if it is possible but I'll just say it anyway.

So since the Reset elytra's are allowed in the faction world altho I love that we can now fly to places there is something that I think needs to be addressed. Raiders use elytras all the time to easily get inside a faction that has walls. this is causing it to be almost impossible to defend our homes since they can just go over walls. I know that elytras are not able to be used when combat tagged but this is not good enough.

I want to still use elytra's but there needs to be a limit.

My idea is this. make it so that if you enter an enemy factions land you can not use your elytra while in that land. and if you are flying when you enter the land you will fall to the ground but take no damage. this way this allows factions that are being raided to at least be able to defend.

and that's my idea and i just want to also point out i understand why hoppers are so slow and that they move a stack at a time but can you like increase the speed a little bit cause waiting 30sec for a stack to move through 1 hopper is really annoying

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

enderpearls

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brentorockz

Brentorockz

Yes enderpearls can be used but unlike elytra ender Pearls need a cool down to use and once you use 1 its used you can not get i back. also, they are somewhat hard to get.

Also, Enderpearls don't make you fly...

#3 Brentorockz, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

This is one of those situations where it's an all or nothing sort of thing. There can either be Elytra in survival, or no Elytra in survival. With the map as large as it is, travelling long distances is already a pain in the butt.

I don't see the inherent problem with flying into a base with elytra to raid. Walls shouldn't be the sole defense of a base; that would be the people defending with gear of their own.

That, and enderpearls can go over walls as well. The argument that they have a cooldown is moot when the original complaint is that elytra are used to go over walls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brentorockz

Brentorockz

yea enderpearls can go over walls but if you make a wall high enough it wont be able to. I agree that the map is very large and that is why i cam up with the idea. to meet in the middle. Raiding has become to easy for raiders and very difficult for defenders. have you ever tried to defend your base while there is 1 or 2 people in the air?

6. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

you can always get over a wall with an enderpearl. No matter how high

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Incorrect.

Screenshot_20180924-110033_Chrome.jpg

It's also illegal to build walls so high a pearl can't get over it.

8. Brentorockz

Brentorockz

alight so
    alright, we are getting off topic I am simply saying that elytra make it very difficult to defend a base. and that is why I presented this idea. enderpearls, unlike elytra, are a 1-time use and you have to wait before you can use an ender pearl again. also, ender pearls don't give you the ability to fly and pearls are somewhat hard to get. Elytra, however, are really cheap to get or make and they don't break they also stay on you when you die and elytra rockets are really cheap to make.

9. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Okay so let me explain how elytras work with the new MassiveElytra that we implemented about a month ago when the server switched.

When you become PVP active, regardless of how (either by attacking, or being hit), the elytra loses all functionality. If you're flying... you fall. If you're already on the ground, you cannot launch. Not to mention that having the elytra equipped also puts you down a chestplate meaning less armor. So with this, you cant really raid successfully with JUST an elytra and have an advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  10. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Sorry I should of phrased it better. But on massive you can always get it over,
    walls often have decorations and depth on them, when you use these as ledged you can essentially 'climb' a large wall.

11. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

I like the idea, but considering that enderpearls can always be used to render it fairly pointless, I don't think it would make much difference. It's fair that they make raiding factions easier than maybe it should be, but there isn't really a concrete solution to make raiding a good middle ground between "ez" and "impossible". Either you get stomped or you stomp them. Period.

I do agree with you on hoppers, though... I know they have to be slowed to prevent potential lagmachines, but the time it takes for a single hopper to cycle items is so slow that I use hoppers as cheap pulse extenders

#11 SirePyro, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  12. Brentorockz

Brentorockz

Lol yea ive been doing the same thing with hoppers it really is slow. as for the elytras i think yes it should stay i meen yea it makes defending harder but it also makes us think about diffrent tactics we can use to defend and attack.