Archived Chicken Parachutes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlordqwerty

Traveler
Reaction score
I was messing around on creative mod in single player and I pulled a chicken up in the air with a leash. Then I turned off flying and fell to see if it would drag the chicken down faster than it normally falls. However once I fell a certain distance past it the leash broke. The chicken landed unharmed. Then I was struck with a great idea. What if you could attach a leash to a chicken, jump off a cliff and the chicken would slow your fall. So instead of the leash breaking when you get to the distance, it just holds you there. This could be used for all sort of stuff and would add a very interesting mechanic to the game. What are your thoughts on this idea.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It could be intresting, but who really brings a chicken around constantly?

You do realize there is already a plugin for this, right?

Legend of zelda all over again. Seems OK, but roleplayishly, and realisticly, I think the chicken would die trying to slow our fall.

I wanna see someone jump off the tallest cliff in Aloria and glide down with a chicken holding them up... :P

-cough- the real reason i suggested this -cough-

is there, can you give a link, i searched the bukkit forums but could not find any.
I can't find a link, but I've seen it on servers before. When you held shift while holding an egg and jumped off a cliff it would say "Parachute Activated". But that was about a year and a half ago. I don't know what the plugin was called.

Great idea, good for rp and combat. Unless someone has a cat or a bow :P
Rp use- Eat my feathers! *jumps off of a cliff holding a chicken*!
Combat use- same thing as that one^^^

I can't find a link, but I've seen it on servers before. When you held shift while holding an egg and jumped off a cliff it would say "Parachute Activated". But that was about a year and a half ago. I don't know what the plugin was called.

that is a different idea. For this one you need to have an actual chicken and a leash.

Well... What if instead of carrying around a chicken... you could call it like wolves and cats? So then when you needed it you wouldn't be stuck trying to find a chicken. The only other thing I have to say is that; Sure this is Minecraft but how much does your character weight? My character is like 62 pounds and she's a ten year old... imagine a forty year old guy at about 150 pounds jumping off a cliff expecting for a 5 pound chicken to hold him up...? *Dead Man on the ground* Clean up in aisle 7! (party)

Well... What if instead of carrying around a chicken... you could call it like wolves and cats? So then when you needed it you wouldn't be stuck trying to find a chicken. The only other thing I have to say is that; Sure this is Minecraft but how much does your character weight? My character is like 62 pounds and she's a ten year old... imagine a forty year old guy at about 150 pounds jumping off a cliff expecting for a 5 pound chicken to hold him up...? *Dead Man on the ground* Clean up in aisle 7! (party)

Well, maybe it could just slow your fall? I mean lots of people have high acrobatics so they get safe landings anyway. And maybe, as a side feature to this, you could shift right click on the ground with 10 eggs to get a fully grown chicken.

Well, the chicken might make a difference for the 40 year old guy who was so thin he was about to die, but what about the 300 lbs guy (I'll let you decide if this is with or without armor.).

My character is 13, and weighs 109 pounds, the same age as me and only about 5 pounds off my weight. I doubt a chicken could hold me up either way. Unless it was a genetically altered one.

Two things:
A - I seriously doubt Cayorion would make a separate plugin for summoning chickens, as summoning cats and dogs is part of MCMMO.
B - This does not fit in with the medieval role play theme in any way.

So yeah. Cool idea, but I doubt it will ever be added or considered.

Seems like a good idea. Or what if you slaughtered a hundred chickens and once you reached 100 you would receive a feather falling IV enchantment book to be placed on an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.